• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD do work with region 4 DVD on windows media player

j.ems

Hello,

I just installed AnyDVD HD in my notebook. I am under Windows Vista Enterprise French edition SP1, Windows Media Player 11 and codec package KLite in order to be able to read DVDs in my WMP11. Below you have the information on the DVD player and other:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.0)
PIONEER DVD+-RW DR-K17Y 0.95 07/02/19PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2064704 sectors (4032 MBytes)
Total size: 4011622 sectors (7835 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PELE_ETERNO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

Though AnyDVD tells me that it is emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4, the DVD will not read, nor WMP11 open when I insert the DVD.

Please let me know how to solve this. Please if possible I need advice on this until tomorrow Friday May 8th and I really need to play this DVD region 4 during a birthday party.

Thanks for your help,

J

Complementary information

Sorry forgot to say that AnyDVD will play correctly with WMP11 on region 2 (Europe). However, this was the region already set in my computer, so I do not know if AnyDVD is working at all or not.

thanks

J

Sorry forgot to say that AnyDVD will play correctly with WMP11 on region 2 (Europe). However, this was the region already set in my computer, so I do not know if AnyDVD is working at all or not.

thanks

J

your in an anyDVD HD forum you need to ask this question in the anydvd forum im sure someone could help you out better then anyone here with your question

Hello,

I just installed AnyDVD HD in my notebook. I am under Windows Vista Enterprise French edition SP1, firewall ZoneAlarm, Windows Media Player 11 and codec package KLite in order to be able to read DVDs in my WMP11. Below you have the information on the DVD player and other:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.0)
PIONEER DVD+-RW DR-K17Y 0.95 07/02/19PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2064704 sectors (4032 MBytes)
Total size: 4011622 sectors (7835 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PELE_ETERNO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

Though AnyDVD tells me that it is emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4, the DVD will not read, nor WMP11 open when I insert the DVD. AnyDVD will play correctly with WMP11 on region 2 (Europe). However, this was the region already set in my computer before I installed AnyDVD.

So it apparently works with region 2 (the tray icon shows the information that it is reading the DVD), but does not work with region 2 (it shows the info it is reading, but then nothing happens).

I ripped the DVD into my HD, and now WMP11 can read it without problems. However I wish I would not need to rip every and all region 2 DVDs I have in order to see them...

Please let me know how to solve this. Please if possible I need advice on this until tomorrow Friday May 8th and I really need to play this DVD region 4 during a birthday party.

Thanks for your help,

J

thanks

Thanks Bigrik, I have re-posted it as you instructed. I really will thanks a lot if you or any other member could help me in time to have this working for tomorrow May 8th. Thanks! :)

Thanks Bigrik, I have re-posted it as you instructed. I really will thanks a lot if you or any other member could help me in time to have this working for tomorrow May 8th. Thanks! :)

i wish i could help but i dont know much about region settings so even if i could suggest something it might not be right but you might want to try playing with the region settings in anydvd

the DVD will not read

What does that mean? Does Windows Explorer see files on the dvd?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

nor WMP11 open when I insert the DVD

Run WMP. Then use your 'D:" drive as the source.

Also, I would try another software player.

Back