• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD do not recognize my DVD-driver anymore (windows 98)

Lenny

Hello,

since I installed the new AnyDVD version a couple of days ago the programm will not recognize my DVD-driver any more. I did de-install und new install it a couple of times nothing changed. I installed older version from my backup-CD but nothing changed.

I use windows 98 so the hints given here for Vista and other versions did not work for me. I coulnd't find the mentioned directories Lower und UpperFiles.

I don't know very much about such computer things. I just only use the thing and so far AnyDDVD worked fine. Other programms like PowerDVD and Nero still also work without any problem. It's only AnyDVD what won't work anymore and therefore of course CloneDVD also will not ripp anything.

I'm not an native english speaker but if someone can help my with a detailed plan I surely will understand what to do to fix the problem.

Thanks!
Lenny

Hello,

since I installed the new AnyDVD version a couple of days ago the programm will not recognize my DVD-driver any more. I did de-install und new install it a couple of times nothing changed. I installed older version from my backup-CD but nothing changed.

I use windows 98 so the hints given here for Vista and other versions did not work for me. I coulnd't find the mentioned directories Lower und UpperFiles.

I don't know very much about such computer things. I just only use the thing and so far AnyDDVD worked fine. Other programms like PowerDVD and Nero still also work without any problem. It's only AnyDVD what won't work anymore and therefore of course CloneDVD also will not ripp anything.

I'm not an native english speaker but if someone can help my with a detailed plan I surely will understand what to do to fix the problem.

Thanks!
Lenny
Please tell me from which version you upgraded and what version you are trying to use.

I use windows 98

I'm sorry that I can't help you.... but I feel better knowing somewhere in the world someone other than me still has a '98 machine still running. I have one at my in-laws home in Texas, left over from the days of Air Warrior 2.
It's been there for years and does what they want it to do, so I've let it stay as it is. :)

Anyway........ listen to James......... he is The Man with this AnyDVD stuff.

-W

Please tell me from which version you upgraded and what version you are trying to use.

I updated at 6132. Before I had the 5941, which worked without any problem so far.

It still not recognize the driver

What's the full error message, please?

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

I get the message: kein DVD-Laufwerk gefunden. In english: Didn't find a DVD-drive.

Of course I have a DVD-drive and it's working properly with all other programms (nero, PowerDVD, even CloneDVD as long as its not a coded DVD). I did uninstall and reinstall the slysoft programms several times before I asked for help here. As I already had read this solutions in other threads. I even got back the the oldest versions I had because I thought maybe the new one isn't suitable for windows 98 anymore. But the error remains. I even did a windows98 setup but it also did not help.

I had no problem with Any-DVD before the newest download.

I ddi read that oen has to delete the uper and lowerfiles but I don't find the mentioned registry-files. Obviously there are in other directorys or have other names in windows 98.

Of course I have a DVD-drive and it's working properly with all other programms (nero

If you have packet writing software (Incd from Nero or directcd) ensure you uninstall it.

I don't have a windows 98 system to test Anydvd on, sorry.

Last edited:
Thank you all folks. if the last hint also don't work I shall contact the support, maybe they have a solution.

Back