AnyDVD disc read issues

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by jrstout82, Jun 28, 2021.

1. jrstout82

jrstout82 New Member

Multiple DVD's not reading...

ATL
    Dangerous Minds
    Daria: The Complete Animated Series
    Deadpool
    New Jack City
    Menace II Society
    Set It Off
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The drive just sits here and clicks and tries to read over and over and over and .... well, you get the point.

2. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

Are you able to test the DVDs with another drive?

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  3. jrstout82

jrstout82 New Member

That's a negative. I don't have any other DVD-ROM drives. I have however successfully copied other DVD's.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

A clicking drive is a clear sign of dirty and/or defective discs and/or drive. Not a software problem with Anydvd.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5. jrstout82

jrstout82 New Member

Then why do the discs work when I exit AnyDVD?

6. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

Try to clean the disc with water, soap and a microfiber cloath.
    Do you see any scratches?
    If the disc is perfectly clean than there might be nothing you can do.

7. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

In this case they are not supportet by AnyDVD yet. I'm not sure if it is possible to create a log when the disc is not loading or if it only works when AnyDVD did read the disc.
    But maybe it will work when you clean the disc as AnyDVD might be unable to read a part of the protection because it is covered by dirt and windows itself can read the disc because it does not access this area.

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Nope. I know that AnyDVD handles at least half of the titles in the list just fine. Without "clicking".

whatever_gong82 and DeepSpace like this.
  9. medway

medway Active Member

I seem to be having the same problem, in that it states on pc that its all been copied fine but then when i use on another dvd drive they are reading as blank discs!

10. Mobile

Mobile Member

I've also encountered the same disc reading problem after installing the latest AnyDVD 8.5.6.0. I read a DVD fine that I was making a copy for backup and after that it would not read any DVD or CD; I tried several of each. I then went and installed several earlier versions of AnyDVD but the problem persisted. I thought maybe my anti-virus was getting in the way and disabled that but still encountered issues reading any disc. I tried another SATA port and that worked once and then the read issue happened. I tried a total of 3 SATA ports and all 3 same repeated issue. I connected a hard drive to these ports and each could read the hard drive without any issues. I was worried that it corrupted the SATA port's firmware but it appears not so; at least for hard drives. I've tried 2 different Bluray / DVD drives on these SATA ports and neither would work at reading another DVD. I've tried several methods described on various sites to repair these ports with no luck. I hope a fix comes out for this soon. The only solution I can think of is maybe to re-install the Win10 and only install a version prior to this one.