• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Disabling Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
4163-B A106

I am disabled again today. This is getting ridiculous.

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive D:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 000630050A53652053

I am going to hook up old Optorite USB model again.

Any help given would be appreciated.

Anyone have an insight as to why ANY DVD is disabling my drives once I place my computer in STANDBY Mode. I muswt re-boot in order the drives to recognized and often I must un-install and reinstall ANYDVD....Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Well, JGillis, I don´t know if this can help, but I had a similar issue:doh: . I had installed a cracked diciopedia, and everytime I inserted a dvd disc the icon detected the dvd, and Anydvd no longer could detect the dvd (it showed no disc in the drive/and drive disabled). So I had to uninstalled that cracked programme, and now everything came to normal. If you suspect you could have any programme which can conflict with Anydvd , I advise you to uninstall it.

mr899: my dvd reader/burner is also LG 4163B. Except for the firmware (mine is still A105).

Last edited:
I am very frustrated. My LG 4163 still is not working. No files are seen at all. i have de-installed and re-installed both drive and AnyDVD multiple times. I don't think it is drive because PC will boot from that drive if I put a bootable disc in.

My frustration level is very high. I had a ticket with Slysoft, but feel abandoned.

Does anybody have more suggestions?

4163-B A106

My girlfriend has that same LG in her system and the same firmware version--and it works with Anydvd 6.1.1.4. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the problem.

(I, of course, got her a PX-760 because I can't stand the 16x jitter results from that LG burner. But the LG burner still works).

Last edited:
With that said I say it is another piece of software that is doing this then.

With that said I say it is another piece of software that is doing this then.

Either bad IDE busmaster driver (or needs to look for an updated one from the motherboard's website) or something (musicmatch or whatever) mucking up filters in the registry would be my guess . . .

But a message stating "the drive is disabled" isn't anything to worry about (in fact, it can be normal)--unless a movie disc is inserted.

Some people need to visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12
and http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=3049&postcount=32 badly.

What's happening in those pics is the firmware in the burner is reporting the wrong information in some cases to Anydvd. Regardless, Anydvd still works properly.

Last edited:
I will admit original title is misleading.

However, this drive is showing

No Disc is present in Drive D:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 000630050A53652053

even when there is a movie disc in the drive.

I tend to agree there is a mucked up registry entry, but would have no idea where to start. I appreciate the feedback.

Start, Run
regedit

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the values in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List everything there.

I have a feeling though that really the problem is with your IDE/ATA busmaster driver.

I do not get a big window saying disabled for all drives. It also still works for lite -on

AnyDVD works for very old 4X DVD Optorite USB burner and internal Lite-on CD burner.

I actually changed Via Busmaster IDE Controller to Standard dual channel PCI IDE controller last night as indicated in http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.ph...02&postcount=3.

I appreciate your effort here.

Here are the values requested from the registry:

Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 11/4/2006 - 11:12 AM
Value 0
Name: Class
Type: REG_SZ
Data: CDROM

Value 1
Name: <NO NAME>
Data: DVD/CD-ROM drives

Value 2
Name: EnumPropPages32
Data: MmSys.Cpl,MediaPropPageProvider

Value 3
Name: Installer32
Data: storprop.dll,DvdClassInstaller

Value 4
Name: SilentInstall
Data: 1

Value 5
Name: NoInstallClass
Data: 1

Value 6
Name: TroubleShooter-0
Data: hcp://help/tshoot/tsdrive.htm

Value 7
Name: Icon
Data: -51

Value 8
Name: LowerFilters
Type: REG_MULTI_SZ
Data: ElbyDelay
AnyDVD
ElbyCDFL
ASAPIW2k

Do you have Pinnacle (studio) software installed? Try uninstalling it.

I don't need all that other stuff, just Lowerfilters and Upperfilters.

Was there any Upperfilters entry?

What OS are you running?

Last edited:
UpperFilters REG_MULTI_SZ GEARAspiWDM

I have Studio 8 and Studio 10 installed. I will de-install Studio 8.

I also have Studio 10 Hollywood FX 6.0 as well.

Thanks
Ron

Last edited:
UpperFilters REG_MULTI_SZ GEARAspiWDM

I have Studio 8 and Studio 10 installed. I will de-install Studio 8.

I also have some Studio 10 Hollywood FX 6.0 as well.

Thanks
Ron

Well, you can just try removing "ASAPIW2k" from your lowerfilters, but your pinnacle studio software will probably be all messed up (and who knows what else will happen). I would recommend uninstalling pinnacle software until "asapiw2k" disappears from your lowerfilters instead, actually. And then retest.

If you're still having problems at that point, then I would suggest trying different ata/ide busmaster drivers (the default ones provided by Microsoft should work, but if they don't visit your motherboard's website and check for updates). I would even try a new ribbon cable for your burner to see if that helps (try installing it as Master, on its own cable, by itself; check the jumper on the back of the drive).

Other than that, I'm out of suggestions. Your Upperfilters look fine to me.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Webslinger

I removed all Pinnacle software and "ASAPIW2k" from lowerfilters. This time drive is working.

I appreciate all of your help. This confuses me as I have had Pinnacle installed on this machine for 2 years.

Thanks a lot Webslinger

I removed all Pinnacle software and "ASAPIW2k" from lowerfilters. This time drive is working.

I appreciate all of your help. This confuses me as I have had Pinnacle installed on this machine for 2 years.

Well, hopefully, you know where to start looking to narrow down your problem now. Maybe you can try installing one Pinnacle program at a time. Each time you install one program, test Anydvd. Rinse and repeat until you discover which program is giving Anydvd a hard time. This would be useful, perhaps, for Slysoft tech support.

This is not related (I'm not sure I was right in telling you to uninstall Pinnacle software; maybe the problem is fixed just because you rebooted and Anydvd reloaded on bootup): In the event this problem happens to you again, try exiting Anydvd. Then restart Anydvd. See if cycling the program on and off helps you.

Last edited:
I will probably re-install Studio 10. I really never use the rest. I will make sure to update this forum.

I really appreciate the help on this frustrating issue.

Thanks
Ron

I will make sure to update this forum.

Thank you. I'm not positive that Pinnacle was the problem (but it might have been). Maybe simply exiting Anydvd and running it again would have fixed your problem (cycling Anydvd on and off).

The more I read about Pinnacle software, the more I feel it's an issue with Pinnacle VOB Instant Drive (virtual drive, which uses ASAPIW2k.sys) and Pinnacle InstantWrite (cdrdrv.sys), which is packet writing software.

So I would avoid having those programs installed. They seemed to cause problems with other burning software.

visit http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/44/48261

I tend to agree with you. I tried turning AnyDVD off many times during the debugging process.

I very rarely use the Pinnacle software and will leave it off for now.

Thanks again

I tend to agree with you. I tried turning AnyDVD off many times during the debugging process.

I very rarely use the Pinnacle software and will leave it off for now.

Thanks again

Glad it's working for you.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back