• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD: Disabled for Drive D:!

How can it be nornal (the Images above show with no disc present), when I get the same message when there is a disc in the drive?

Edit: oops, I didn't see you got the same message with a movie in the drive.

Last edited:
Hi :)
@ bjproc
I haven't worked out why, but this does happen from time to time. Having booted PC open AnyDVD 1st, then insert disc. See if that's any different. I know on one PC I have if you this you get the above. If you insert discs 1st & then open AnyDVD you get what you've got.:doh:
The 1 - 0 - 1 bit is right for two drives 1 On = Disc inserted AnyDVD on : 0 Off = 0 disc inserted AnyDVD off the 1 Empty is confirmation that one drive has nothing inserted.8)
@ Jlerma
Try above. It may do something. However it might not.;)
@ Webslinger
Can I be a rocker? ( It's a sixties thing - Go ask grandad about Mods & Rockers)

Last edited:
Ok, I just rebooted after uninstalling Roxia, uninstalling AnyDVD. Then I Reinsatlled AnyDVD, rebooted...

And I get a pop up error window:
Warning!
No DVD Drive detected.

Possible Reasons:
1. You don't have a DVD drive, buy one.
2. You haven't rebooted your system after AnyDVD has been insatlled.
3. Your external DVD drive is not powered on
4. There is a problem initialising the AnyDVD driver, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.

I have already done 4 and I still have the same problem. Any ideas?:confused:

Attachments

• AnyDVD.jpg
    AnyDVD.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 11
Ok, I just rebooted after uninstalling Roxia, uninstalling AnyDVD. Then I Reinsatlled AnyDVD, rebooted...

And I get a pop up error window:
Warning!
No DVD Drive detected.

Possible Reasons:
1. You don't have a DVD drive, buy one.
2. You haven't rebooted your system after AnyDVD has been insatlled.
3. Your external DVD drive is not powered on
4. There is a problem initialising the AnyDVD driver, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.

I have already done 4 and I still have the same problem. Any ideas?:confused:

from

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1627471&postcount=2

"This happens when AnyDVD believes it has been modified (Virus infection, or modified by a crack).
Please contact SlySoft customer support so we can find a solution. Make sure to quote your serial number (Settings->Information).
Thank you!" --James, Slysoft dev.

Did you remember to install your Anydvd license key after reinstalling?

Last edited:
@ Jlerma Before doing as Webslinger suggests. When you uninstalled, was that everything? i.e. Registry etc. It's possible some info from previous install could have this affect.
You keep key safe. On a floppy/CDr/DVDrw or even create a mail folder (Registrations/Keys) & save that. Then no problems if you need to do a clean uninstall/reinstall.

Last edited:
ok, I am trying again, making sure not to keep the old key info. Check registry to make sure entries are gone. Reboot. Install, reboot. get initial you have 21 days....
Check the status tab, looks great it states:
No Disc is present in Drive D:! (This is what it should be)
Exit application from taskbar.
Run Register AnyDVD from Start, Programs
Get Ok status for registering AnyDVD.
Restart AnyDVD
Looks good! Get the :No Disc in Drive D:!) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebooting laptop.......

Ok, I don't know what has changed (other than unistalling Roxia DLA application - - hmmmmmmmm!!!!).

It appears to be working now!!! I get the No Disc & also Info when I put an original Disc in!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Your patience and assistance is appreciated.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

@ Jlerma Yay!!! You got there. That's what counts.:clap: 8)

thanks for the PM Zebadee :agree:

the way anydvd detects my drives and doesn't show them disabled with blank media inserted hasn't caused any problems & i'll hope it stays that way :D

Ok, I don't know what has changed (other than unistalling Roxia DLA application - - hmmmmmmmm!!!!).

Glad it's working for you.

Most packet writing software, in my opinion, is terrible. DVD-RAM is more reliable.

thanks for the PM Zebadee :agree:

the way anydvd detects my drives and doesn't show them disabled with blank media inserted hasn't caused any problems & i'll hope it stays that way :D

James would know the answer a lot better than I would, but I think this has something to do with the information certain drives' firmwares report back to Anydvd. Again, on my laptop's drive with no media present or a blank disc, Anydvd reports the drive is disabled. I am actually not very happy with having a Samsung (TSSTCorp) burner in my laptop (you'll notice in Zebadee's screenshot, he or she is also using a TSSTCorp drive), but it came with it, and there wasn't much I could do. On my computer with two Plextor burners and an older Lite-on dvd-rom drive, Anydvd never reports anything as being disabled. This leads me to suspect something with certain drives' firmwares--and what they report to Anydvd. Anydvd still works perfectly fine on my laptop, regardless.

But James may stop in here and tell me I'm completely wrong. /shrug

Last edited:
thanks for the PM Zebadee

the way anydvd detects my drives and doesn't show them disabled with blank media inserted hasn't caused any problems & i'll hope it stays that way

The mouse over the fox giving the (see attached) is usually enough though, if you've got doubts over what's happening. However the Samsung's f/w does give false reports. I put 3 discs into 3 drives ensuring the blank disc was inserted in the Samsung. Mouse over the fox & it reads On: 3 Off: 3 Empty: 3. It should read On: 2 Off: 1 Empty: 3.
sshot107vw8.png

Goto Status & Samsung shows No disc in drive. When there's a blank disc inserted.
sshot1061uz0.png

Right click on fox & click exit. Goto menu & restart AnyDVD. Click on fox & goto Status. Hey presto AnyDVD disabled etc.
sshot1051bj2.png

Mouse over fox still gives On: 3 Off: 3 Empty: 3
Hey it's not all bad though.

Last edited:
yes zebedee, your right with exiting anydvd and re-enabling it, it does now show that drive "E" is now disabled

Right click on fox & click exit. Goto menu & restart AnyDVD. Click on fox & goto Status. Hey presto AnyDVD disabled etc.
sshot1051bj2.png

Mouse over fox still gives On: 3 Off: 3 Empty: 3
Hey it's not all bad though.

Anydvd and my TSSTcorp drive defaults to this on bootup on my laptop (without exiting and restarting) with no disc in the drive.
But Anydvd still works fine on my laptop.

Last edited:
AnyDVD is disabled for Drive J:!

I hope this is the right forum for my problem. I recently bought a new DL burner--MEMOREX DVD+-RAM 510L V1 MWS7. I quickly learned that my old DVD Shrink/AnyDVD/Nero combo wasn't going to work for DL, so I went looking around the web for some ideas. I installed some new software, including PgcEdit, imgBurn, mkisofs.exe, and Daemon tools. At some point in this process, one of these programs said that it was imcompatible with AnyDVD, and did I want to disable it?

I thought it meant temporarily. Since then, AnyDVD gives me the following message for any drive, no matter what's in the drive:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive x:!

I tried uninstalling the programs--some didn't have uninstall, Uninstalling and reinstalling AnyDVD, and using system restore to go back before this mess. Nothing makes it right. I've done everything recommended in this thread, though I don't know what packet writing software is.

I'm using 6.1.1.4.

Can I get a hand?

Thanks

Mike

PS.2-16-07--I downloaded the beta of 6.1.2.1, and the problem went away. Mayabe others with the same problem would like to try this.

Mike

Last edited:
Back