• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Crash, VIDEO_RM directory?

schmidtj

In a last ditch effort to archive a few remaining VHS tapes I purchased a VHS -> DVD recorder.
It produced DVDs that play fine in a hardware player but if I insert the newly recorded and finalized DVD into my PC, AnyDVD crashes. The PC then does not recognize the DVD (appears blank?).
If I restart AnyDVD it crashes again.
If I reboot, exit out of AnyDVD the newly recorded DVD is recognized by the PC just fine.
If I restart AnyDVD it crashes, the DVD is no longer recognized and I need to reboot to keep AnyDVD from crashing when I manually restart it. I must also remember to disable (exit out of) AnyDVD before I insert the DVD.
Trying to run it through Clone DVD produces a error about an Invalid Start Block or structure error try copying files to your HD.
In looking at the file structure with Windows I see a VIDEO_RM and VIDEO_TS and no AUDIO_TS.
Is this a known problem and is there a workwround?
It's a Panasonic DMRES40V VHS Player DVD Recorder/Player.
I just want to be able to play the DVD on the PC but when AnyDVD crashes I can't play it without first rebooting the PC and then remembering to Exit AnyDVD before I insert the DVD.

Maybe the recording industry should jump on this one. It's a decent (albeit inadvertent)
way to screw up AnyDVD. :)

J

Last edited:
Back