• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD + CloneDVDMobile = No Subtitles

Stevenbobs

I'm aware that AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile remove subtitles (among other things), but how do I make sure I keep subtitles for the parts of a film where the characters are speaking a foreign language and you usually get english subtitles?

then you are aware wrong. Anydvd doesnt remove subtitles. Neither does it remove audio for that matter. That's CloneDVD's or CloneDVD Mobile's job, as far as the "forced subtitles" go as those things are called. You don't really, on dvd's they arent labelled usually "forced". It's trial and error

then you are aware wrong. Anydvd doesnt remove subtitles. Neither does it remove audio for that matter. That's CloneDVD's or CloneDVD Mobile's job, as far as the "forced subtitles" go as those things are called. You don't really, on dvd's they arent labelled usually "forced". It's trial and error

Thanks for pointing out that I'm wrong without offering a solution.. That's really helpful. :(

In the Film 'French Kiss' with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline, in some parts of the film, when they're speaking French, English subtitles are shown. When copying the film to MP4, the subtitles are removed. It doesn't really matter to me which program removes them, I'm just looking for a way to reinstate the subtitles without having to have English subtitles on the parts where they're speaking English anyway...

Last edited:
I can't offer a solution because there isn't one and i also said why.

Forced subtitles (which is what subtitles are called that only appear on foreign languages) arent labeled as "forced subtitles" when you get to the subtitle selection screen. As such it's not that easy as just simply pick the "forced subtitles" stream. In most cases, those are part of the standard subtitle stream that appears throughout the movie from start to finish but the forced ones have a special "flag" set for just those small parts. There is no seperate "forced subtitles" stream.

In case of multiple english streams they can sometimes be a seperate stream, but in the subtitle selection screen they arent labelled as forced. You just have to pick one, encode, if its the wrong one then pick the other stream. If both have same effect then it's the case above. The "forced" subtitles are part of the full subtitle stream and it's all or nothing. It's not an easy job just to extract the "forced" parts.

Disappearing subtitles

Frank Hollander advised that the problem of subtitles only lasting for half the movie would not be solved until CloneBD was released and that technology could be applied to solving the problems with CloneDVD mobile. Given that problems with CloneBd are using up all resources at the moment could we be given some idea when the problems with CloneDVD Mobile will be addressed?

As I posted in a different thread. "This is something I would really like an answer to as well. The issue is the top and bottom of the video is cropped (this happens with all the settings I've tried). It's just enough to crop out any writing at the bottom (translations, for example). Examples are: Dawn of the planet of the apes, X-men first class, X-men days of futures past, and pretty much any movie with any writing at the very bottom of the screen. Thanks!"

Back