AnyDVD caused BSOD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by dougwright, Apr 24, 2008.

1. dougwright

dougwright Member

I was watching the trailers before the movie on Juno (BD, Region A), and all of a sudden my system locked up and BSODed.

The BSOD said AnyDVD.sys was using unpaged memory in an paged area (or the other way around, I can't remember).

I didn't have time to write down all of the technical details it spewed out, and I can't find anywhere that Windows recorded them (thanks MS!), but the Windows problem reporter does offer up the following:

This was Vista x64 SP1, AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 (PowerDVD 8)

I'm obviously not posting a minidump on the forum, but am happy to email it to a Slysoft rep if requested...

2. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

I've been getting the same thing for about a month now. I'm not blaming AnyDVD though, rather something about the driver updates from Microsoft. Not sure where it came from but it happened with an update somewhere about a month ago and any heavy video or drive use (like encoding or ripping) since has tripped the BSOD. Try setting the speed lower when ripping, it worked for ripping for me.

3. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Thanks, we'll see if we can find anything.

4. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

X'50' in Vista - drivers

History is telling us that X'50' under these circumstances points to the video driver which should be verified and/or updated. Especially in connection with AnyDVD launching, that particular driver is directly part of the process and it is quite possible the SP1 has changed the envelope enough to force this crash.

Update the driver and go from there please.

5. dougwright

dougwright Member

Do you count 'Playing the disc' as heavy drive use?

6. dougwright

dougwright Member

Hi Frank

What is X'50'? You've throughly confused me there!

I'm using the latest drivers from ATI.

7. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

NO, reading at 2x or 4x is not heavy use in my book, ripping at 18, 20 or 24x is though.

As a side note: the more I dig into the internet on both the OP's codes and mine, it looks like Microsoft has added support or activated the special chip-based heat sensors on hardware. I have an ASUS board with an AMD 64x2 that has been tripping the BSOD error, and one of the dump errors is a heat warning, listed in the error logs. What ever it is, it came from the windows update site, and hits both x86 and x64 versions.

second on the what's x50