• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.3

No. You can get the XBOX360 HD DVD drive and connect it to your PC.

Hi James, well we are starting were we left off last night but I am further ahead then last night.

If I get the 360 DVD drive, understand that would be able to rip the HD-DVD to the harddrive for storage and if I have a HD DVD player will be able to watch it on my Pc, but ubable to actually burn the HD-DVD since so far their is no HD-DVD rom Burner, correct?

So the ANYDVD-HD is just for PC storage?

Hi James, well we are starting were we left off last night but I am further ahead then last night.

If I get the 360 DVD drive, understand that would be able to rip the HD-DVD to the harddrive for storage and if I have a HD DVD player will be able to watch it on my Pc, but ubable to actually burn the HD-DVD since so far their is no HD-DVD rom Burner, correct?

Right now yes as there is no burners nor media just yet.

No optical drives...no media. Ironically, there are those that will purchase software for the something that isn't available to use it on. :confused: :confused:

Yes, and for watching the movie on the PC (connected to a big screen or a projector, if you want to).

i'm trying to back up a sony dvd using dvd shrink, but it won't even encode. i know that this is because of the accros protection, but i downloaded the new version 6.1.2.3 and it still won't work.

will upgrading to anydvd-hd fix this?

lastly, as a registered user, can i download the hd free trial and then just purchase the upgrade?

No optical drives...no media. Ironically, there are those that will purchase software for the something that isn't available to use it on. :confused: :confused:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6378&postcount=124
This sums it up (I'm quoting James):

"So, for your birthday you'll need:
1.) A fast HTPC, the bigger the harddisk, the better
2.) XBOX360 HD DVD drive
3.) AnyDVD HD (of course)
4.) PowerDVD Ultra
5.) Lots of HD DVDs.

EDIT:
6.) A JVC RS-1 (or similar) projector would round up the viewing experience.
7.) Use a HTPC with XP, not Vista, because of
8.) ReClock"

Andvd HD is a strong product for HTPC computers--and I am seeing more laptops being released with HD-DVD drives recently.

i'm trying to back up a sony dvd using dvd shrink, but it won't even encode. i know that this is because of the accros protection, but i downloaded the new version 6.1.2.3 and it still won't work.

Try ripping the movie to the HDD with CloneDVD2 trial and then using Shrink? Unfortunately it seems Shrink is having more and more problems like this lately.

will upgrading to anydvd-hd fix this?

I don't see how it could make any difference. Minus the added feature of working with HD-DVDs there is no difference between AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD. This wouldn't help in your case if this is not a HD-DVD movie.

lastly, as a registered user, can i download the hd free trial and then just purchase the upgrade?

You already have AnyDVD installed. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD use the same installer. There's nothing to re-install.

James said:
If you want to test HD DVD decryption but you have bought AnyDVD (not running in demo mode) you have to remove your AnyDVD license key (easiest way to do so is to rename the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlysSoft\AnyDVD\Key to something else using regedit).

Do NOT delete or lose your key!

If you like AnyDVD HD then, yes, you can upgrade for $30 from your existing AnyDVD Classic install. If not, then you can change your registry entry back and you'll go back to being registered for plain old AnyDVD. :)

Last edited:
This sums it up (I'm quoting James):

"So, for your birthday you'll need:
1.) A fast HTPC, the bigger the harddisk, the better
2.) XBOX360 HD DVD drive
3.) AnyDVD HD (of course)
4.) PowerDVD Ultra
5.) Lots of HD DVDs.

Yes, that's what he was telling me I needed. And, that is what I got today. My birthday is on Monday but my wife let me have it early. Watching Batman Begins right now, in fact. HD-DVD ROCKS!! AnyDVD HD also ROCKS!!

Why do I have to Pay For Any DVD HD

I thought AnyDVD had free updates for life. Now I have to dish out another $30.00 for it to support HD! Thats false advertising. It's bundled in the same app and your charging me extra.

I thought AnyDVD had free updates for life. Now I have to dish out another $30.00 for it to support HD! Thats false advertising. It's bundled in the same app and your charging me extra.

No, this is not correct.
You don't have to pay at all. AnyDVD will continue to give you all it did in the past with the same license you obtained before.
The plain DVD-part will stick with you for life-time, just as we promised.
It will simply not add the completely new support for HD-DVD for free (this is not just a new protection scheme, that's a new technology).
To demand that we add every new technology that comes up in the future for free as well would be pushing it, don't you agree? :)

Try ripping the movie to the HDD with CloneDVD2 trial and then using Shrink? Unfortunately it seems Shrink is having more and more problems like this lately.

the only slysoft product i have is anydvd. i usually use it with dvd shrink and don't have any problems. however, this new sony protection won't let me copy their newer titles.

I don't see how it could make any difference. Minus the added feature of working with HD-DVDs there is no difference between AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD. This wouldn't help in your case if this is not a HD-DVD movie.

i'm just trying to make a back up copy of 'open season' for my kids. i don't like them handling original discs on their own.....after all, they're just kids!

Back