• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.3

I tried to do just the upgrade price but it is wanting me to pay 79.00 USD? Am I missung something here?

Yeah, it's only $30. They want your old serial number (found in the Anydvd information window) --and not the full license key.

using anydvdhd

right click the anydvd fox icon select rip hdvideo to harddisk a window pops up select source drive and out put folder and click start and when it's done use powerdvd ultra and use option to open from folder on harddisc do not play the evob directly as it will pixelate and studder. i have tried it on two movies and it works great can't wait for the hddvd burners.

I do have a question though. I see this upgrade envolves added decrption for ArCoss and fixing glitches in multi angl flicks...SO my question is, if you aren't upgrading to AnyDvdHD are you still gonna get those fixes for your standard Anydvd?

I think the answer is YES. It's the same binary/application with different capabilities depending on the license key.
If you have HD license, the DVD capabilities should be the same as if you have DVD-only license.
Actually, if you don't have HD license I think it's safe to ignore the VIDEO HD DVD part of the new GUI and continue to use AnyDVD as before.

Yeah, it's only $30. They want your old serial number (found in the Anydvd information window) --and not the full license key.

I'll give it a go in a few and report back. So where do I put my serial? In the coupon section?

Is the DVD-only (old key) invalidated after upgrading?

I can't seem to find a clear answer on the following question:
Does upgrading from AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD invalidates the "old" DVD-only license key?
In other words, will the old key continue to work for the updated/upgraded versions of AnyDVD released after the process of DVD to HD DVD license upgrade?

If so, there will be a lot of blacklisting info (license numbers most likely) embedded in the future updates which may increase the setup size... :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I'll give it a go in a few and report back. So where do I put my serial? In the coupon section?

No, in the "License Number *" field (* means required).
Just below the "E-mail *" field...

Cheers.

The only issue I have with the upgrade page is the lack of full explanation of what they mean by your license number. I figured it out, of course, and I upgraded not long after it was released.

I'm sure others may end up in the boat I did. Okay, it asks for license number and the about window in AnyDVD shows a serial number. Some people may say, "Same difference!" but the fact is in many cases it is not. I just went ahead and used the serial number for the heck of it since I had no other number that even resembled a license number.

Clarification on the upgrade page might be useful in reducing this confusion.

As for the upgrade cost... I think the $30 is well worth it. I mean if as a user we already paid the original price [which I did back in like 2003] and now I paid $30. That's really an amazingly cheap deal. Even the cost of the program w/o an upgrade is still cheap when you look at the big picture. Sadly, some people have nothing better to do and just love to complain. :(

Last edited:
Just re did it (boot), in the even't that I had not done it previously. Must be doing something simple and stupid, thanks for your patience.

Noticed that under ANYDVD that my drives are disabled???? Used to copy on Any DVD.........

Folks, would appreciate a little help here please, I am unable to Rip the HD-DVD. Read above post's by me for more info, if need be.

The only issue I have with the upgrade page is the lack of full explanation of what they mean by your license number. I figured it out, of course, and I upgraded not long after it was released.

I'm sure others may end up in the boat I did. Okay, it asks for license number and the about window in AnyDVD shows a serial number. Some people may say, "Same difference!" but the fact is in many cases it is not. I just went ahead and used the serial number for the heck of it since I had no other number that even resembled a license number.
Well, I did a mistake - first time I put the SlySoft order number which very well resembles the License number. ;)

Clarification on the upgrade page might be useful in reducing this confusion.
Agreed on that 100%. Seems the purchase page was put together in a big hurry. :)

OK I'm looking at the fill in to purchase and see no window for the serial.
E-mail *
Retype E-mail *
License to
Company
Salutation
Company

and so on like I was to buy it all new.

2 of 4 isn't showing the eter your serial either.

OK I'm looking at the fill in to purchase and see no window for the serial.
E-mail *
Retype E-mail *
License to
Company
Salutation
Company

and so on like I was to buy it all new.

2 of 4 isn't showing the eter your serial either.

Are you going to this page:
https://secure.slysoft.com/upgrade.php

or are you going to this page: https://secure.slysoft.com/checkout.php

The top Buy Now >>> on the purchase page is for upgrades from AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD. The bottom Buy Now >>> on the page is for the full product if you do not already have a license for AnyDVD.

Edit: Ah, well, ya figured it out before I finished replying :) At least you solved the problem!

I went to the second page, thanks for the help Webslinger was just quicker on it though.

Installed the HD-DVD Ripper now when I start the process of ripping, get a notice that my drive is not ready, has this happen to any one.:mad:

Just finished ripping a regular Dvd and everything was OK.

Installed the HD-DVD Ripper now when I start the process of ripping, get a notice that my drive is not ready, has this happen to any one.:mad:

Just finished ripping a regular Dvd and everything was OK.

You have a hd dvd-rom drive in your system, correct?

No, did not know that such a system existed? :mad:

Well checked my computer with Cyberlink advisor to see if the CPU is compatibile for HD-DVD, well it failed, I guess that just donated $30 for the cause.

Last edited:
No, did not know that such a system existed? :mad:

Well checked my computer with Cyberlink advisor to see if the CPU is compatibile for HD-DVD, well it failed, I guess that just donated $30 for the cause.

You need a HD-DVD drive of some sort.

You need a HD-DVD drive of some sort.

Where can you get a Hd-DVD drive, or did you mean Hd-DVD rom? At a resonable price. Have the Hd-A1 player, but I suppose it doesn't do me any good with my pc.

Where can you get a Hd-DVD drive, or did you mean Hd-DVD rom? At a resonable price. Have the Hd-A1 player, but I suppose it doesn't do me any good with my pc.
No. You can get the XBOX360 HD DVD drive and connect it to your PC.

Back