• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and Vobblanker

triviaace

This is a very small problem that someone out there may have the answer to. I recently installed vobblanker and when I tried to access it the message came up that I had to disable AnyDVD. Sounds easy? Well, I went to the AnyDVD icon and removed the checks from "Enable AnyDVD" and "Autorun" thinkinking this would solve the problem. When I went back to vobblanker the same message came up that AnyDVD had to be disabled before the program would run. Am I missing something here? Any and all help is appreciated.

Sounds easy? Well, I went to the AnyDVD icon and removed the checks from "Enable AnyDVD" and "Autorun" thinkinking this would solve the problem. When I went back to vobblanker the same message came up that AnyDVD had to be disabled before the program would run. Am I missing something here?

You're over-thinking the problem. Exit AnyDVD. Don't mess with the settings that you did because there's no need. When you are done using VobBlanker for whatever reason you needed then re-start AnyDVD.

You may need to exit Anydvd first before running VobBlanker.

This is exactly what it means. AnyDVD, DVD43 and DVD Region Free are checked to see if they are running. If any of them are then VobBlanker won't be allowed to start and you'll get a warning. Exit the appropriate program and then VobBlanker will run w/o a problem. And, of course, restart the program when you're done with VobBlanker.

Edit: I know you know what I'm talking about, Webslinger. It was just easier to explain it all in one post. :)

Last edited:
And neither of you thought to answer the next obvious thing?? SLAP SLAP to both of you! :D He's going to want to know what to do now that VobBlanker and AnyDVD don't play nice together. To answer that, you need to rip the disc to the hard drive first using either CloneDVD if you own it(best choice) or the AnyDVD ripper, exit AnyDVD, and then you can open VobBlanker and run it against the rip you just made. Yes, that's a royal pain, but, it's the only way to make this process work I'm afraid.

Let it go. :)

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of this bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying polite words, playing soft music, and anything he could think of to set a good example. Nothing worked.

Finally, John got fed up and he yelled at the parrot. And, the bird yelled back. John shook the parrot, and the bird got angrier and ruder. Finally, in a moment of desperation, John put the bird in the refrigerator freezer. For a few minutes, John heard the bird squawk and kick and scream...then suddenly there was quiet. Not a peep for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the bird, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's out-stretched arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am truly sorry, and I will do everything to correct my poor behavior."

John was astonished at the bird's change of attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?"

(source of joke unknown)

Last edited:
And neither of you thought to answer the next obvious thing?? SLAP SLAP to both of you! :D

Well... I assumed anyone that would use VobBlanker to begin with would logically figure out the rest... :doh:

But, hey, we wouldn't have to worry about this if you hadn't... :eek: *whistles innocently*

I kid! I kid!

Last edited:
Well... I assumed anyone that would use VobBlanker to begin with would logically figure out the rest... :doh:

To quote one of my favorite Steven Seigal movies...assumption is the mother of all *******. :)

But, hey, we wouldn't have to worry about this if you hadn't... :eek: *whistles innocently*

I kid! I kid!

So....we're placing blame now, eh? I see how it is. Get one little program blacklisted and you never live it down. LOL! :D

So....we're placing blame now, eh? I see how it is. Get one little program blacklisted and you never live it down. LOL! :D

Is this your responsibility as well? :D

visit http://www.protectdisc.com/With_FL/html/emulators.html

Anydvd is going to have to resort to rootkits because of you, similar to what Daemontools and Alcohol 120% use to hide from the OS. It's just a matter of time. Then we'll get people coming out of the woodwork complaining that Slysoft is using rootkits, and all rootkits are evil. All because of you!

Now my next step is to prove SamuiHL is responsible for global warming . . .

Last edited:
Is this your responsibility as well? :D

visit http://www.protectdisc.com/With_FL/html/emulators.html

Anydvd is going to have to resort to rootkits because of you, similar to what Daemontools and Alcohol 120% use to hide from the OS. It's just a matter of time. Then we'll get people coming out of the woodwork complaining that Slysoft is using rootkits, and all rootkits are evil. All because of you!

Uh, nope. Can't says I have anything to do with that one. :) Fortunately I don't own anything with protectdisc on it. That's not likely to change, either. ;)

Now my next step is to prove SamuiHL is responsible for global warming . . .

Hmmm, you better check the news. This week global cooling is the biggest threat. Stupid climatologists can't even figure out if we're coming or going!! And I got rid of my SUV, so, yea, I guess I'm probably to blame for global cooling. :D

Back