• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and Vista

nganvu

Has anyone tested the AnyDVD on Windows Vista yet?
How does it feel?

Has anyone tested the AnyDVD on Windows Vista yet?
How does it feel?

Yes... AnyDVD has been tested and assured to work with Vista.

-W wonders why anyone would want to pay money to "beta-test" Vista. :D

You got your key to work?

Nope!!! Since 6.1.1.4 I can't use my key under Vista anymore. Running Vista Ultimate. However, I also have some other problems and thinking about a new installation - this reminds to something :( heard this is over now with Vista Wow... :doh:
WinDVD8 also doesn't register - but this is a different issue.

However, I can confirm that I am having problems to install my key, even after executing the key, the program tells my that registration was successful, however, it doesn't work and after restarting it is still a trial version. Funny.
May be somebody else nows something?

Greetz to all

M

Slysoft themselves haven't said much about it, I would like to know what's being done to solve this. Users that purchased great products aren't able to use them correctly, that makes me mad.

Nope!!! Since 6.1.1.4 I can't use my key under Vista anymore. Running Vista Ultimate. However, I also have some other problems and thinking about a new installation - this reminds to something :( heard this is over now with Vista Wow... :doh:
It might be your key got blacklisted. You should contact customer support.

I can verify that AnyDVD works great with Vista Ultimate Full version 32 bit. No problems with the key or anything else.:disagree:

Works fine for me on Vista Ultimate, as well. 32 bit. No problems at all.

Hello everybody, sorry about all the fuss and sorry for my late reply.
It took me sometime to make a clean install of Vista Ultimate and I also installed AnyDVD again. After the clean install it works fine.
The key procedure worked without any problems but I have to make some reboots to see if it's still working after that.
I believe I messed up my Vista installation using some registry tools, because I have some bigger problems with WinDVD 8. Therefore I tried to solve the problem with some registry checking utilities like PcTools Registry Mechanic and also a very old program called RegCleanr. Well, guess I shouldn't have done so.
Sorry about my post in the wrong direction. Actually the truth is, Any DVD worked right since November/December since Vista was issued. Well some smaller issues like no auto start - which seems to be over now - but it worked. Therefore, great job SlySoft.
Sorry again for misleading you all, but I was misled myself :-(
Thank you for your help and taking care!
Windows is Windows, even it's called Vista - clean install always helps.

Last edited:
I noticed that everyone has said that it works with the 32bit version, but what about the 64bit version?

Hi :)
All Slysoft keys should work with Vista (even Ultimate Ed) whether 32 bit or 64. The only likely difference is program blocking. If this arises just right click on key > properties bottom right hand corner you should see tab with Unblock on it. Just click this & return to registering.

The key is indeed no problem. But on Vista Ultimate 64 bits no autostart of AnyDVD. It is on but just doesn't work.

The key is indeed no problem. But on Vista Ultimate 64 bits no autostart of AnyDVD. It is on but just doesn't work.

Hi :)
I have just found this out. Kept AnyDVD hidden so assumed it was running.
Vista contians a startup manager & the 1st install should see this pop up. Thus allowing you to allow program. However even if you do this it doesn't always work. Either have a shortcut on desktop or go Start > In run box (Start search in Vista) type msconfig> enter Startup. If you find AnyDVD is enabled here then (if you still want autostart) goto Services & stop Startup manager. (This can end up giving more problems than it solves, as you then get flags popping saying how service is'nt running. If you disable that it can cause mayhem apparently [according to MS]):D

Back