• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and virus/malware warning - READ before posting!

marcus1971

Thank you for your clarfification. Just to be sure: the signature for my file is "Shenzhen RedFox Project Technology Co.,Ltd." Is that correct? I thought so far, Redfox is situated in South America?

It is correct and no it's not. The DOMAIN name is registered in Belize. That's it, no more no less. RedFox isn't located anywhere, they have no central location. (Which is also part of the reason why it's hard to get a good PSP)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

This is also happening with 8.1.5.0. Happening to me right now.

Then do what post tells you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Telling people to disable AV to allow the program to download is not comforting.

More fun. 8.1.4.3 works fine with no website blocked. I just downloaded 8.1.5.0 with no download issue, but now AVG insists on identifying anydvdtray as a virus and deleting it. I have the AVG antivirus file updates from June 22, 2017. I rolled back to 8.1.4.3 and it is working fine. I tried multiple relaxations on virus checking and blocked scanning of the anydvd folders. No luck. I'll give it a few days and then replace AVG with an antivirus that is not pissing me off. And just as a heads up. The first time AVG found the updated anydvdtray it went into an endless virus warning loop and I had to hit the reset button on my compputer to break out. Task manager could not shut down the processes. Good luck.

I have ADVAST and it is blocking ANYDVD too. I did what you requested ( 1) If your AV program is giving the warning: Temporarily disable it and it should download and install just fine. Reactivate after installation) and yes it will install the program but as soon as you turn ADVAST back on and click on Anydvd icon to open it up ADVAST blocks the program from opening and puts it in the chest!

Then I'd put a file exclusion on the entire AnyDVD installation folder. Should fix that

I have ADVAST and it is blocking ANYDVD too. I did what you requested ( 1) If your AV program is giving the warning: Temporarily disable it and it should download and install just fine. Reactivate after installation) and yes it will install the program but as soon as you turn ADVAST back on and click on Anydvd icon to open it up ADVAST blocks the program from opening and puts it in the chest!

AND report it to Avast (or any other vendor) as a 'False Positive'... please!.

After sending a couple of emails and screenshots, Eset Nod32 is no longer blocking the AnyDVD download. It was yesterday.

After sending a couple of emails and screenshots, Eset Nod32 is no longer blocking the AnyDVD download. It was yesterday.
I know I send it the file to them, the day it came out, I use Eset Internet Security and they responded by testing the file and found it was not dangerous.

I did what you told us to do about creating an Exclusion Folder on my Avast antiviral, and it seemed worked. But the following files are still bugging me : What is" C:\programfiles(x86)\Slysoft\AnyDVD\trzA531.tmp is infected by win32:xpajgen" means ?
It appeared after I ran a thorough boot scan with Avast and of course it was put into the chest. It looks like a Trojan to me !!

You installed AnyDVD & it's not unusual for an installer to create .tmp files. ZIP it up along with the installer & a download link & submit it to Avast with an explanation of how you KNOW it got there. Force 'em to clean it up, or explain why they won't.

This has been going on for > a month now & the target just moves around.

Just delete it, AnyDVD does not use such a file. Probably a leftover from installation. You could try a clean install (remove the old installation, install fresh. That will also have it install in the RedFox folder and not the old slysoft one)

Internet Explorer is also raising issues on the url ass follows:

Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.
The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Any comments from Redfox on what is happening?

That's an IE problem. The certificate is issued by the 'let's encrypt' authority. A valid authority, but due to IE's age, one that's unknown to it.

Back