• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and USB DVD drives

Tipperton

Recently I was setting up to rip the audio description track from Ice Age 5, but I noticed that despite being enabled, AnyDVD was showing On:0, Off:1, Empty:0. Nothing I did would work to get it to change to being on for the DVD drive, which is connected to a USB port despite being an internal drive in my laptop.

Would I be correct that AnyDVD doesn't support drives connected via USB?

Has anyone found a laptop that AnyDVD works well on?
Thanks!

No you are not correct. Anydvd supports USB drives just fine. Attach the drive, go into anydvd's program settings. Navigate to 'drive selection' and tick the box next to the USB drive. All done. Anydvd works fine on any laptop as well as desktop.

OK, now I'm going to challenge you.

I am blind, so I use Freedom Scientific's JAWS screen reader to access my computer.

The problem is, according to my screen reader the drive selection list doesn't have check boxes. Is there an alternate method I can use to enable my drive? An ini file or registry entry will do, I'm comfortable doing either.

Unrelated question:

I am a Slysoft LTL holder for all their products, although disappointing, being a software developer myself, I can understand why Redfox chose not to honor those licenses. Is my AnyDVD license the only one affected, or are they all affected, and if all are affected, does Redfox offer a discounted bundle of LTLs for all their products?

Thanks!

Then your JAWS is probably wrong, or failing to see them. Double left click on the masked fox tray icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen to pull up the main AnyDVD interface, navigate to Drives > Selection. Make sure your USB drive is attached. You should see something like in my attached image. If the checkbox has the v in it, then anydvd is enabled for that drive, if it's empty it's disabled and you need to tick the box next to the USB drive. AnyDVD should remember it for the next time if you were to detach the drive. Perhaps you can use the Windows accessibility tools or screen settings to enlarge everything to eg 150%. AnyDVD does not use INI files and does store some settings i believe in the registry but i don't know which ones, or where. If you cannot do that yourself, perhaps you can have someone do it for you, and have them do what i just told you above :)

As to the license issue, normally those types of questions belong in the License section atop the forum, but we'll let that one pass :). AnyDVD is currently the ONLY product that actively needs a redfox license. The main reason behind it is that anydvd needs constant development to keep up with protections etc. There are currently NO PLANS to require a redfox license for either CloneCD nor CloneDVD mobile. CloneDVD and CloneBD are not affected at all, as those are Elaborate Bytes (Elby) products. Slysoft only was a licensed reseller for CloneDVD. If a license validity change would happen, that would be Elaborate Byte's decision and not Redfox.

Attachments

• drive selection.jpg
    drive selection.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 9
JAWS will report what it sees, unfortunately for the blind, there are many ways to create on screen controls that don't follow established standards, and thus become invisible to screen readers. Just as writing software to be secure against hacking is a study in itself, writing software so that it is accessible to all is a whole topic of study too.

Anyway, while waiting for a reply, I did some exploring in the registry and easily found the registry entry that enables or disables drives. After exiting AnyDVD and editing the registry entry, AnyDVD now works with my drive. You have to exit AnyDVD before editing any of it's registry entries because it writes out the current in memory configuration when it exits.

Thanks for the license information, you didn't mention Game Jackal, but that's OK, because many games won't launch if they see it, I quit using it long before Slysoft went belly up. So, from what you've said, my best course is to get an LTL for just AnyDVD.

My primary interest is extracting the audio track with audio description for the visually impaired and for that I use DVD Audio Extractor.

Thanks for all your help! Even if I found my own solution.

Game jackal is end of life, as you will see on the download page. Most games are now distributed through an online platform, even if you buy it in the store. EA origin, PSN, steam, Uplay, you name it...

Just glad the issue is resolved, if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back