• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and U3 drive with Vista

mornhyland

It seems that if AnyDVD is loaded and I try to insert my U3 Drive everything hangs until I remove the U3 drive and then exit AnyDVD. After I've exited AnyDVD the U3 drive works as expected.

I should note that U3 drives are not currently supported under Vista, they show up as normal USB drives. I was though able to make mine work.

It seems that if AnyDVD is loaded and I try to insert my U3 Drive everything hangs until I remove the U3 drive and then exit AnyDVD. After I've exited AnyDVD the U3 drive works as expected.

I should note that U3 drives are not currently supported under Vista, they show up as normal USB drives. I was though able to make mine work.

Are you using Anydvd 6.1.3.2? If not, ensure you are.

Yes, I am.

I noted that the AnyDVD icon in the status bar is a light color when this happens and when I remove the drive it turns darker and then things work.

IF the drive is already installed and I load AnyDVD the same thing happens, and even if I exit AnyDVD things don't work right until I remove the USB drive.

Hope tha helps
Julia

@ mornhyland,

Welcome to the Forum.

Exactly what are you planning to do with your U3 Smart Drive? The largest U3 Smart Drive is only 4GBs and that is not sufficient space to work with a Commercial DVD Movie. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are attempting to do with your U3 Smart Drive.

I known if your BIOS and/or Windows Operating System fails to properly recognize a particular Drive the AnyDVD software program will trip stumble and fall in its attempt to properly recognize a particular Drive. From your initial posting statement it appears that you have done some trickery in having your Windows Operating System recognize the U3 Smart Drive and possibly this trickery is throwing AnyDVD for a loop.

Regards,
Coaster

The problem is that I use my U3 Drive for my homework. It means that I can't have my homework drive plugged in at the same time AnyDVD is loaded, or worse yet actually doing something. It seems that should play nice together.

What I did to make it work was to make some of the loader programs on the U3 drive run as Administrator and it seems to work, though I've yet to reproduce it on another drive.

Why you say "trip up" does that mean that when I try to start a new program from the start menu it doesn't show up until after I remove the drive?

The odd thing is that both work fine as long as the other isn't running. Which leads me to think it has something to do with AnyDVD.

Thanks for the welcome

The problem is that I use my U3 Drive for my homework. It means that I can't have my homework drive plugged in at the same time AnyDVD is loaded, or worse yet actually doing something. It seems that should play nice together.

What I did to make it work was to make some of the loader programs on the U3 drive run as Administrator and it seems to work, though I've yet to reproduce it on another drive.

Why you say "trip up" does that mean that when I try to start a new program from the start menu it doesn't show up until after I remove the drive?

The odd thing is that both work fine as long as the other isn't running. Which leads me to think it has something to do with AnyDVD.

Thanks for the welcome
People were having problems with U3 drives and AnyDVD before. Slysoft released a version that supposedly fixed the problems, but I guess not. Atleast not under Vista.

6.1.0.7 2007 01 14
- New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
- New: Improved "Jump to title menu" with some discs containing
TV episodes
- New: Workaround for bug in I/O subsystem of Windows Vista,
which can cause BSOD with copy protected DVDs
- New: Workaround for problem with U3 USB memory sticks
- New: improved display of drive type in AnyDVD status and drive
selection window

The U3 software has been known to cause many problems. I have one USB drive with the U3 software (I believe it's a Sandisk) and it caused some problems. I formatted it and got rid of the U3 stuff and never had another problem.

Back