• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and Nero Recode 2

Well, we differ in terms of extent, but . . .

I will not be discussing this further in this thread.

I'm about done talking to him as well. I don't know if he thinks the forum hands out little gold stars for "proper support of CloneDVD2 over all other products" - but it seems that way to me. Make a point and he just does a two-step and changes the point.

-W

No, CloneDVD2 and DVD Shrink are both great programs, but I don't use DVD Shrink because it is not updated anymore and tends to run into problems with newer DVDs.

I'm about done talking to him as well. I don't know if he thinks the forum hands out little gold stars for "proper support of CloneDVD2 over all other products" - but it seems that way to me. Make a point and he just does a two-step and changes the point.

-W
Thats the best point you made in this whole thread as far as I am concerned.:clap:

Quick question regarding AnyDVD/Nero Recode.
If the source disk is in the dvd drive, and the movie is "added" into Recode, what happens when we select the DVD drive as the target.
Will it know to eject the disk like Shrink does so I can put the blank it?

I've read all the 3rd party threads and am enjoying the discussion.
Is there any consensus to what the best transcoder/burner to use with AnyDVD in one pass? I realize using 2-pass is better but I hate letting it run forever.
I was using DVDFab Decrypter to rip before finding AnyDVD to save that step.
I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding AnyDVD/Nero Recode.
If the source disk is in the dvd drive, and the movie is "added" into Recode, what happens when we select the DVD drive as the target.
Will it know to eject the disk like Shrink does so I can put the blank it?

Yes, it will.

You're kidding right? I own CloneDVD2, I know what it is, lol.
You may know what it is but you don't know how 'good' the transcoder in it is.

"Apples to Apples" would be to compare highest quality mode each program has to offer. At any percentage. Ya, Recode2's quick mode is pretty comparable to CloneDVD. However, Recode2 and DVDShrink when set to do it the long way - both blow CloneDVD out of the water for heavy reduxing.

-W
Are you sure you're using the right terminology? Care to explain to me what reduxing means? :p I assume you mean compression :p.

I doubt it "blows CloneDVD out of the water." The difference between quick mode and deep analysis is barely visible to the human eye, and a waste of time in my opinion.
Have you had your eyes checked (no offence)? How big is your TV? I look back at the movies I made with DVD Shrink (notably better than other transcoders) and on my small TV screen in my bedroom (below 40cm) I can see many problems with it. I now only use DVD Rebuilder. Maybe I am too picky, who knows. But I do know one thing, DVD Shrink leaves noticeable artifacts. And so must CloneDVD.

But I do know one thing, DVD Shrink leaves noticeable artifacts. And so must CloneDVD.

I have backed up over 800 movies using Shrink and I have yet to see any "artifacts" of any kind on any disc. That includes some burns that are over 3 yrs. old and on some questionable media.

How big is your TV? I bet you I'd be able to look at those DVDs and find artifacts. That's just me being picky. I'm not dissing DVD Shrink. I think it is the best of its kind.

I use a 102" DLP - I see it ALL.
Sure, every transcoder leaves artifacts. But Shrink and Recode are "near perfect" down to the 80/85% range. Shrink is surely the "best bang for the buck" out there - in part becasue it's so good - and in part because it's free.

-W

What is the difference between Nero Recode2,Nero 6 and Nero 7? Go ahead and lol at me but ill learn as i ask Questions. LOL at my self.Fivestones:doh:

What is the difference between Nero Recode2,Nero 6 and Nero 7? Go ahead and lol at me but ill learn as i ask Questions. LOL at my self.

Nero Recode is a program that is included in the various Nero Ultra software package suites. Nero Ultra contains a lot of programs.

Hi Webslinger, My that was a fast post i jsut got done with it and you posted so fast Thanks for letting me know.I got me the AnyDVD,CloneDVD & cloneCD as you know and it is easy for me to work with. I have seen a lot about this Nero7 also and i see you fellows have other things to work with so if you was me would you get this Nero 7?Thanks Fivestones:bowdown:

I am reading every post here and copying all the things in a note pad that i think will help me later.

. I have seen a lot about this Nero7 also and i see you fellows have other things to work with so if you was me would you get this Nero 7?Thanks Fivestones:bowdown:

Nero 7 is a bloated software but there are some good things within. Do a custom install to install just what you want. Upon installing Nero 7, it had some serious issues with Acronis. I finally discovered by installing Nero 7 BEFORE Acronis, they got along with no issues.

7 or 6

Nero 7 is a bloated software but there are some good things within.

Hi oldjoe i see now that this is a third party programs posting place. I see that Nero 7 has to much stuff that i don't wont in it and it is $80.00 and the Nero 6 is $17.00. Will the Neron 6 do Cds And DVDs for me that is all i won't it for?Fivestones:doh:

fivestones ...Yes, Nero 6 will handle your burning needs.

Thank you oldjoe i seen it for $17.00 i am on my way to get it.Fivestones:agree:

Make sure it's the "Ultra Edition". That way if it doesn't include the latest Nero recode - you can still download it.

-W

Back