• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and DVD Shrink appears to require a 2 phase ripping approach for some DVDs

Dan Zemke

I'm converting some of my very old DVDs so they are less bulky when I want to view them in my RV.

When I've tried to use DVD Shrink 3.2 to extract a Title (with AnyDVD running), it almost always works. But on two of the The Wire - Season 1 disks, DVD Shrink immediately reports: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and can not continue. Failed to read file: D:\"

I discovered that making the rip a two-stage process worked. Specifically, "Rip Video to Harddisk" and then process the result with DVD Shrink.

Is there a better way to do this?

That's because such titles probably contain whats called "structural protection". DVDShrink hasn't been updated in many years and can't handle that protection. SP can't be removed on the fly it requires reauthoring of the disc structure (which can be done with AnyDVD + CloneDVD2), which is why you need to rip first (to remove the structural protection) and then feed that rip to shrink.

No there's no better way other than using AnyDVD + CloneDVD2. That's the only way to do it "on-the-fly".

Back