• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and BD-RDL blank disc recognition problem

No I don't. Neither the drive hardware region nor the anydvd region setting has any impact. Those are 2 completely separate settings and neither of them affect burning. For that matter, NONE of anydvd's settings affect burning.

Here's what I am wondering what kinda BD-RDL media are you using that would help other identify if the media is the problem here? They do have bad media batches as well. Just cause one reads doesn't mean you can get a bad apple in them as well. I just seems to point to the media as the culprit here since it can recognize DVD, CD and BD-R. I used BD-DL and BD and burn to them with no problem so it just seems to look like media problems or quality.

Thanks, but I have tried both Philips BD-RDL & HP BD-R DL. No difference.

and both are cheap crappy brands. Try picking up a small set of quality brand like Verbatim BD-R DL

Create a system info log and empty tray log with 8.0.3.1. please. So the Devs can take a look at it .

Thanks.

Here's what I've done since the above:

I bought and tried Verbatim BD-R DL blank discs. Same result. So I really don't think the disc brand was an issue.

Next, I used the AnyDV menu choice to create a log file. It's a zip file, but I looked at it using 7-ZIP and the text file in it reads:

0.00s: AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.0
Coordinated universal time is Fri Jul 15 21:12:48 2016
Local time is Fri Jul 15 16:12:48 2016
0.14s: Drive: F:, disabled: 0, don't touch: 0, capture: 0
0.14s: copy protection based on unreadable sectors: 400
0.14s: patch: 69f
0.14s: AIscan: 1
0.22s: sbresult: 059F4150
0.22s: getInteger(0): 1
0.23s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:2
0.23s: medium state: 0
0.23s: Sending Patchlevel 0
0.23s: busy
0.23s: mode 0

("Drive F:" is the Pioneer BDR-206 drive at issue.)

I don't know what any of those things in the log file means, but there is the text of it.

[I really do hope someone can use that information to tell me what is wrong with that drive, as I have decided something is just wrong with the drive itself.]

And, today, I bought and installed a new BD Burner -- an LG BH16NS40 (I just couldn't bring myself to pay even more to get a new Pioneer 209/2209 drive).

Now, everything seems to be working as it should.

This new BD drive recognizes all of the Philips, HP and Verbatim BD-R DL blank discs with or without AnyDVD being loaded. I have already used it to create an image of a Blu-Ray and, currently, this new drive is burning that image to one of the Philips blank discs. So I'll know the complete result soon.

Thanks to all for the help.

Because of the way this all occurred, I can only guess that my Pioneer BDR-206 drive had some sort of failure that coincidentally began around the time that I licensed and installed the current version of AnyDVD, because I had very successfully used that same drive and v7.xxxx of AnyDVD about a week or so earlier to burn another Blu-Ray to one of those same Philips BD-RDL discs.

Anyway, after I installed the current version of AnyDVD, that BDR-206 drive still "saw" blank BD-R DL (and all other) discs when AnyDVD was not loaded but, when AnyDV was loaded, the drive could not see BD-R DL blank discs, even though it COULD still "see" all other types of blank discs.

All sees very strange but at least it's all back as expected again. If anyone has any ideas for anything I might be able to do to get the BDR-206 drive working correctly again, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Paul

(Edited to correctly identify the problem drive as a BDR-206, not 209.)

Last edited:
Thanks.

Here's what I've done since the above:

I bought and tried Verbatim BD-R DL blank discs. Same result. So I really don't think the disc brand was an issue.

Next, I used the AnyDV menu choice to create a log file. It's a zip file, but I looked at it using 7-ZIP and the text file in it reads:

0.00s: AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.0
Coordinated universal time is Fri Jul 15 21:12:48 2016
Local time is Fri Jul 15 16:12:48 2016
0.14s: Drive: F:, disabled: 0, don't touch: 0, capture: 0
0.14s: copy protection based on unreadable sectors: 400
0.14s: patch: 69f
0.14s: AIscan: 1
0.22s: sbresult: 059F4150
0.22s: getInteger(0): 1
0.23s: medium state: 0
0.23s: Sending Patchlevel 0
0.23s: busy
0.23s: mode 0

("Drive F:" is the Pioneer BDR-206 drive at issue.)

I don't know what any of those things in the log file means, but there is the text of it.

[I really do hope someone can use that information to tell me what is wrong with that drive, as I have decided something is just wrong with the drive itself.]

And, today, I bought and installed a new BD Burner -- an LG BH16NS40 (I just couldn't bring myself to pay even more to get a new Pioneer 209/2209 drive).

Now, everything seems to be working as it should.

This new BD drive recognizes all of the Philips, HP and Verbatim BD-R DL blank discs with or without AnyDVD being loaded. I have already used it to create an image of a Blu-Ray and, currently, this new drive is burning that image to one of the Philips blank discs. So I'll know the complete result soon.

Thanks to all for the help.

Because of the way this all occurred, I can only guess that my Pioneer BDR-209 drive had some sort of failure that coincidentally began around the time that I licensed and installed the current version of AnyDVD, because I had very successfully used that same drive and v7.xxxx of AnyDVD about a week or so earlier to burn another Blu-Ray to one of those same Philips BD-RDL discs.

Anyway, after I installed the current version of AnyDVD, that BDR-209 drive still "saw" blank BD-R DL (and all other) discs when AnyDVD was not loaded but, when AnyDV was loaded, the drive could not see BD-R DL blank discs, even though it COULD still "see" all other types of blank discs.

All sees very strange but at least it's all back as expected again. If anyone has any ideas for anything I might be able to do to get the BDR-209 drive working correctly again, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Paul
Not without the actual logs they can't.

Install the newest version from here:
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8031.exe
It has a logfile improvement.
Then
Please Upload the sys information and a logfile for that drive here empty if need be. There is no personal information about you in that. Just information the Devs need to find what is the issue for you. If you don't then nobody from RedFox can see what your issue is and help you fix it.

Not without the actual logs they can't.

Install the newest version from here:
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8031.exe
It has a logfile improvement.
Then
Please Upload the sys information and a logfile for that drive here empty if need be. There is no personal information about you in that. Just information the Devs need to find what is the issue for you. If you don't then nobody from RedFox can see what your issue is and help you fix it.

OK. I installed the newest version, then I created an AnyDVD logfile for the Pioneer BDR-206 drive when it was Empty, as well as for when it had each of the following blank discs in it: TDK DVD-R 8x; Verbatim DVD+R 8x; Verbatim DVD+R 16x (LS); Philips BD-R 6x; Philips BD-RDL 6x; HP BD-R DL 6x; and Verbatim BD-R DL 6x. (Only the 3 BD-R DL discs are not recognized by the drive). I also prefaced the name of each log file with the specific condition (either Empty or the name of the blank disc).

While doing those log files, I also ran ImgBurn and copied down the info that ImgBurn provided for each of those conditions (including the ImgBurn log file info for each) and put all that info in a pdf file in the hope it may provide useful additional information.

I have included that pdf file and all those log files in the attached zip file.

I hope something in all of that will help identify why my Pioneer BDR-206 drive is failing to recognize blank BD-R DL discs.

I didn't know exactly what you meant when you said to also upload "sys information." However, I've tried the BDR-206 drive and AnyDVD software in two different machines with the same results. Both machines run Windows 10 Pro, have 16GB RAM, one has an Intel Z68 chipset and the other has a Z77 chipset, and they have Intel i5 and i7 (respectively) CPUs. Please let me know if any other system information is needed.

Paul

Attachments

• AnyDVD_logs and ImgBurn reports.zip
    273.2 KB · Views: 10
You have done well young padwan.
LOL.
Now I hope James, pete, or another team member can get your issue straightened out.

@Paul Dalton,

Did you ever get any further help on the issue with your Pioneer BDR-206 ? It looks like this post never reached a conclusion.

I'm having the same issue with my Pioneer BDR-209DBK on Windows 10 64 bit on a newly built machine. The drive worked flawlessly using W10 32 Bit.

Currently it sees ALL discs normally WITHOUT AnyDVD running but WITH AnyDVD running it sees NO discs! That said however I can still burn to those discs without any issue so it seems like there's some strange interaction between AnyDVD and the drive itself. All burned discs are good with no errors. I'm also using Verbatim BD-R's, I won't touch any other brand as Verbatim has never let me down once.

AnyDVD Log file attached...

Attachments

• AnyDVD enabled.PNG
    AnyDVD enabled.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD Disabled.PNG
    AnyDVD Disabled.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.2.2.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
Back