• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and BD-RDL blank disc recognition problem

Paul Dalton

I posted this a couple of days ago in the CD/DVD/BD Drives category. I'm posting it here because - after ~60 views there - I didn't receive any responses at all. So I'm hoping that posting here may bring it to the attention of someone who can help me resolve this issue.

Previously, I used AnyDVD and my Pioneer BDR-206 drive under Win 10 Pro (64bit) to record backups of Blu-Ray discs using Philips BD-RDL discs.

Recently, I had a boot drive failure and I ended up having to reinstall both Win 10 Pro (64bit) and all of my apps (including AnyDVD [8.0.3.0], BurnImg, & CloneBD).

Now, when a recorded Blu-Ray disc is placed into the BDR-206, AnyDVD seems to scan the disc successfully, and -- using either ImgBurn or CloneBD -- I can create an ISO image of the content of an already recorded Blu-Ray disc.

However, when a blank BD-RDL disc is placed in that drive (I've tried both Philips & HP discs), the disc is not recognized at all and I get this message: "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)".

(FWIW - If I instead place a lower capacity BD-R disc in the drive, the disc is recognized, but the capacity of a BD-R is too small for the copied image.)

If I disable AnyDVD from loading at startup and reboot the system, then BDR-206 drive does recognize the BD-RDL blank disc (either Philips or HP). But, after again enabling AnyDVD and rebooting, the drive still does not recognize a blank BD-RDL disc.

So it appears to me that the problem is somehow related to the active presence of AnyDVD. I've looked for settings in AnyDVD that I could change that might fix this, but -- whether through my ignorance or because it just doesn't exist -- I can't find such a setting.

Can anyone tell me if there is a setting I should change or what else I need to do to resolve this problem so I can continue to use AnyDVD and record on blank BD-RDL discs?

Thank you very much.

Maybe you should try the latest beta, which is 8.0.3.1...

Thanks. I should have thought of that already myself

Unfortunately, I just downloaded and installed 8.0.3.1, rebooted, and the problem still exists

BTW, not only does a blank BD-RDL disc not show up under CloneBD and ImgBurn when AnyDVD is loaded, even the Windows 10 file explorer doesn't "see" the blank disc when AnyDVD is loaded.

Thanks. I should have thought of that already myself

Unfortunately, I just downloaded and installed 8.0.3.1, rebooted, and the problem still exists

BTW, not only does a blank BD-RDL disc not show up under CloneBD and ImgBurn when AnyDVD is loaded, even the Windows 10 file explorer doesn't "see" the blank disc when AnyDVD is loaded.
You might want to create and upload an AnyDVD System Information log file. Look in the RedFox folder in your start menu's apps section for the icon.

Likely (IME) your reinstall added a system driver that conflicts with AnyDVD.

Another possibility is your drive doesn't like your current brand of blanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info.ziplog
    11.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if there is a setting I should change or what else I need to do to resolve this problem so I can continue to use AnyDVD and record on blank BD-RDL discs?

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

I think you`ll have to deactivate AnyDVD while burning. If this tool is running it scans your blank disc and because of this it tells you, that your drive is busy.;)
Otherwise you can change the default setting of your drive, when inserting a blank disc.:)

You think wrong, anydvd only affects reading of a disc. It has no impact on/during burning whatsoever.

May I suggest looking at device manager to see if a difference appears with Any DVD enabled and disabled, also have you tried removing the optical drive from the device manager then allowing Windows to rediscover it on reboot?

You think wrong, anydvd only affects reading of a disc. It has no impact on/during burning whatsoever.
Maybe I did not express myself correctly.
The reading of the blank disc is blocking the drive for burning.
When anydvd runs, a blank inserted disc is not recognized for burning.I have this problem on one of my machines.:(
I need to disable anydvd so that the blank disc is displayed. It is not possible for me to burn any data while anydvd runs in the background.

I have not yet found another way

When anydvd runs, a blank inserted disc is not recognized for burning.I have this problem on one of my machines.:(
I need to disable anydvd so that the blank disc is displayed. It is not possible for me to burn any data while anydvd runs in the background.

try a different blank disc

Does it recognize a dvd in the drive? It sounds like the drive itself is having it's own problem and not a Anydvd problem.

Does it recognize a dvd in the drive? It sounds like the drive itself is having it's own problem and not a Anydvd problem.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and suggestions. In response to some of your comments/questions:

Whether AnyDVD is active or not, the drive does recognize blank DVDs, blank CDs, & blank BD-R discs; it just doesn't recognize blank BD-RDL discs when AnyDVD is loaded.

When I reboot the system with AnyDVD deactivated, the drive correctly recognizes the blank BD-RDL discs, as well.

It is only blank BD-RDL discs that the drive isn't recognizing now when AnyDVD is loaded, although it did recognize those same blank BD-RDL discs back when AnyDVD was active before the crash.

Now that I think of it, I beleive that was before I bought my license and upgraded from the trial version, if that makes a difference.

As far as different brands of discs is concerned, since the system restore, I have tried blank BD-RDL discs from both Philips and HP, neither of which is recognized when AnyDVD is loaded, and both of which are properly recognized if AnyDVD is not loaded.

So it seems that there must be something about how blank BD-RDL discs are recognized that is different from how other discs are recognized and -- whatever that is -- there appears to be something about AnyDVD as it is set up in my system that interferes with that recognition of blank BD-RDL discs.

I freely admit that it certainly may be something that I am doing wrong -- some setting I have overlooked or that I have not correctly set -- as opposed to being a problem with AnyDVD itself.

So please keep giving me suggestions to try.

Thanks,
Paul

Easiest and obvious solution would be don't have RedFox AnyDVD running in the background while burning? :cool:
What burning software do you use, maybe try another burning software?

Have you checked the region settings in Any DVD?? I've just been doing a lot of installing or starting of progams after a repair of Win10 Pro X64. :eek:
Any DVD was no longer set to my Region and this appeared to affect the BD Burner/Player (LG Multi Drive), as after much fiddling setting the region is the only change that made the BD Drive work - it did not recognize anything before that.

Other option if you have no success with blank disc regoc is to Rip to your Hard Drive, shut down Any DVD and then Burn with whatever works for you, which you are probably doing.

Also have you checked what you got with your Win10. My "Repair" with saved files was fall of Crapware that didn't come with previous build and has been nothing but a nuisance. I think I've gotten it all now but there was stuff I simply didn't trust that could have interfered with what I prefer to use.

Create a system info log and empty tray log with 8.0.3.1. please. So the Devs can take a look at it .

Easiest and obvious solution would be don't have RedFox AnyDVD running in the background while burning? :cool:
What burning software do you use, maybe try another burning software?

Thanks. I've tried with both CloneBD and IngBurn. No difference.

Have you checked the region settings in Any DVD?? I've just been doing a lot of installing or starting of progams after a repair of Win10 Pro X64. :eek:
Any DVD was no longer set to my Region and this appeared to affect the BD Burner/Player (LG Multi Drive), as after much fiddling setting the region is the only change that made the BD Drive work - it did not recognize anything before that.

Other option if you have no success with blank disc regoc is to Rip to your Hard Drive, shut down Any DVD and then Burn with whatever works for you, which you are probably doing.

Also have you checked what you got with your Win10. My "Repair" with saved files was fall of Crapware that didn't come with previous build and has been nothing but a nuisance. I think I've gotten it all now but there was stuff I simply didn't trust that could have interfered with what I prefer to use.

Thanks. I'll check the Region Code.

I'll also try burning the image w/o AnyDVD running, but - even if that works - I'd still like to get it all working together correctly.

Region code only affects decrypting dvd's, it has no impact whatsoever on burning of any kind.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and suggestions. In response to some of your comments/questions:
Whether AnyDVD is active or not, the drive does recognize blank DVDs, blank CDs, & blank BD-R discs; it just doesn't recognize blank BD-RDL discs when AnyDVD is loaded.
So please keep giving me suggestions to try.
Thanks,
Paul
Here's what I am wondering what kinda BD-RDL media are you using that would help other identify if the media is the problem here? They do have bad media batches as well. Just cause one reads doesn't mean you can get a bad apple in them as well. I just seems to point to the media as the culprit here since it can recognize DVD, CD and BD-R. I used BD-DL and BD and burn to them with no problem so it just seems to look like media problems or quality.

Ch3vron states "Region code only affects decrypting dvd's, it has no impact whatsoever on burning of any kind."

You appear to be mistaking Region Code for Region Setting. AnyDVD was problematic in the past with the Burners if the Region Setting was not set to correct Region of Residence. I cannot remember if it like Windows would freeze the system after 4 Changes, and I do not want to find out :cautious:.

As RedFox AnyDVDHD is still the original program coding that started as Slysoft my statement stands.
upload_2016-7-15_11-23-21.png

As you will see above my Default Region is set to 4 so that it and Windows Settings concur.

I am a new member here only because the system wouldn't allow me to use my Original ID from Slysoft Forums. I have owned
the programs and used on several generations of computer and Microsoft Windows versions.

Back