• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 8.4.8.0 No longer recognizes DVDs when inserted

Maximus

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of converting this week and all was fine. I updated to AnyDVD 8.4.8.0 and when I put a DVD into my drive, nothing happens anymore. AnyDVD does not detect the dvd has been inserted and just shows:

No Disc is present in Drive F:!
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

I have tried several different DVDs, none are recognized. I insert an audio CD, it works just fine.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DVD driver, no change in behavior.

Attached is the ziplog.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info.ziplog
    11 KB · Views: 2
Maybe the update didn't install correctly. Try to uninstall then install again.

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of converting this week and all was fine. I updated to AnyDVD 8.4.8.0 and when I put a DVD into my drive, nothing happens anymore. AnyDVD does not detect the dvd has been inserted and just shows:

No Disc is present in Drive F:!
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

I have tried several different DVDs, none are recognized. I insert an audio CD, it works just fine.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DVD driver, no change in behavior.

Attached is the ziplog.
Please create a logfile with a disc in the drive. Not a system information log.
But I assume you can't access DVDs at all, even without AnyDVD running?

I uninstalled and reinstalled AnyDVD. No change to behavior. The DVD does not appear to be recognized with or without AnyDVD running. However, I do not reacall a DVD ever being recognized by windows unless AnyDVD is running, but I could be wrong. Attached is the log file. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    20.1 KB · Views: 4
I uninstalled and reinstalled AnyDVD. No change to behavior. The DVD does not appear to be recognized with or without AnyDVD running. However, I do not reacall a DVD ever being recognized by windows unless AnyDVD is running, but I could be wrong. Attached is the log file. Thank you for your help.
Your drive says, there is no medium inserted:
Code:
0.17s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:1 // **** MEDIUM NOT PRESENT - TRAY CLOSED
0.19s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:1 // **** MEDIUM NOT PRESENT - TRAY CLOSED
It doesn't see the disc. Either the disc is broken / incompatible, or the drive simply died.

It works fine when I insert an audio CD. I tried several different discs, all failed, even the ones I had ripped earlier, so its not the disc. It was working fine until a few days ago when I upgraded. Windows reports the drive is working. Is there a link to an earlier version I can try? I have the full lifetime license.

There are lasers co-positioned for CD and DVD. The DVD laser is dead. Replace the drive. This is a hardware issue.

I performed a complete shutdown with the disc out of the drive. Then I started the PC. Put the disc in the drive, and this time AnyDVD worked. However ripping failed. Removing the DVD and putting it back it brings me back to the state where AnyDVD no longer recognizes there is a disc in the drive. Attaching log file I took while the DVD was recognized in case that gives you more clues. Please let me know if I can provide any more data or downgrade and try a different version.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info_F_TRUE_BLOOD_S4_D4.ziplog
    144.8 KB · Views: 3
Your drive is dying or is dead. Please acknowledge that fact. Over and out.

It works fine when I insert an audio CD. I tried several different discs, all failed, even the ones I had ripped earlier, so its not the disc. It was working fine until a few days ago when I upgraded. Windows reports the drive is working. Is there a link to an earlier version I can try? I have the full lifetime license.
When you download newer AnyDVD versions, do you not keep them? If so, you should have an earlier version. That being said, if there was an issue with 8480 that affected the reading of DVDs, there would be a lot of people on here with issues, not just you. Either the DVD is bad, or the drive is bad.

You are using a Bluray drive, do you have a Bluray to test it with? Bluray uses a different wavelength than DVD, so get a DVD drive to use with DVDs and see if this drive works with Bluray.

OK smartass coopervid. I swapped out my optical drives between my two PCs, my other drive is just a regular DVD RW. No change in behavior. I then reinstalled AnyDVD. Still no change. I then looked into my old downloads folder and found 8.4.2.0 and installed that. Problem solved. So you do have an issue with 8.4.8.0. You also have a problem reading timestamps on forums posts. You also have a problem of actually being helpful and trying to fix.....anything. So coopervid, just acknowledge that you are a moron.

OK smartass coopervid. I swapped out my optical drives between my two PCs, my other drive is just a regular DVD RW. No change in behavior. I then reinstalled AnyDVD. Still no change. I then looked into my old downloads folder and found 8.4.2.0 and installed that. Problem solved. So you do have an issue with 8.4.8.0. You also have a problem reading timestamps on forums posts. You also have a problem of actually being helpful and trying to fix.....anything. So coopervid, just acknowledge that you are a moron.
Maybe @James can look at your last log and see something, but you may still have an issue with newer discs with an older version. I used 8.4.8.0 today on several discs without an issue, so it's not just the version, there is something else going on.

I am on 8471 and starting a few versions earlier, an old problem cropped up. Where if I interrupted a scan by anydvd my drives became useless. What you can do is uninstall anydvd, restart your computer. Then completely uninstall or remove your drives using the control panel settings. Note I am saying completely remove the drives not the drivers, restart your computer. Then put a dvd in the drive and allow windows to recognize the dvd. After that reinstall Anydvd.

I performed a complete shutdown with the disc out of the drive. Then I started the PC. Put the disc in the drive, and this time AnyDVD worked. However ripping failed. Removing the DVD and putting it back it brings me back to the state where AnyDVD no longer recognizes there is a disc in the drive. Attaching log file I took while the DVD was recognized in case that gives you more clues. Please let me know if I can provide any more data or downgrade and try a different version.
Did you recently update the Intel RapidStore drivers? Can you try to use the satandard Microsoft drivers instead?

Not sure what is going on, but seems to be not working very well anymore.

For the sake of adding additional information for the developers: I thought I should mention that I too have noticed some "flakey" issues with 8.4.8.0.. After applying that update, I noticed that when a disc was inserted into the drive, AnyDVD would not automatically start scanning the disc. I had to coax it into scanning by launching and closing the UI several times to get it to start scanning. Once it did (scan) then all was well, but that had to be done on any new disc inserted. It seemed like it was having trouble recognizing that a disc was in the drive. Prior versions had all worked as expected.

I have since installed 8.4.8.2 and AnyDVD seems to be working normally again (scanning starts when a new DVD is inserted). However, it seems to be slower than earlier versions for some reason. I hope this may help to identify what may have been the issue with 8.4.8.0

I have an issue with anydvd saying no disc with the new dreamcatcher and sonic the hedgehog i put gi joe in and started working immediately so the new movies are causing the issue I believe

I have an issue with anydvd saying no disc with the new dreamcatcher and sonic the hedgehog i put gi joe in and started working immediately so the new movies are causing the issue I believe
You believe incorrectly, this is a software/hardware problem. Not a protection issue

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ok so i went into dvd settings in anydvd changed region to udefined and Bam it worked so my question is what is the problem software/ hardware or protection? So if anyone is having this issue try this fix may work

Back