AnyDVD 8.4.7.0 exception error

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by oddler, Mar 6, 2020.

1. oddler

oddler New Member

Received exception notification after insertion/scan of Simpsons Season 1 Disc 1 to any of multiple systems running AnyDVD 8.4.7.0. The issue is recreateable following system reboot. No issues with other discs in the same series packaging, and no obviously visible scratching/physical issues with the media.

Attached Files:

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please disable "copy protection based on read errors" for this disc. Does it work now?

3. oddler

oddler New Member

Thank you very much for the reply.

Disabling that feature did prevent AnyDVD from crashing while inspecting the disc, but subsequent attempts to rip the disc (across multiple systems, using "Rip to Image") demonstrate a number of read errors. I will try a replacement disc, when possible.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Not that it will avoid the read errors, but anydvd gives you the warning for a reason. You're not supposed to use the image ripper on DVD's, if you need/want a DVD image. Use CloneDVD2

5. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

You've probably got a bad disc. I've had 2 different sets of Simpsons S1, ranging from 2002 to a few years ago, and all discs processed fine. Just because you can't see damage on a disc doesn't mean it isn't bad.

6. James

Can you please post a logfile from this disc?

7. oddler

oddler New Member

Log file attached

Attached Files:

8. James

Oh, no exception this time!
    At least I understand, what was happening.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention, the disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. This shouldn't cause AnyDVD to crash and write a dump file, but it did.