• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 8.4.7.0 exception error

oddler

Received exception notification after insertion/scan of Simpsons Season 1 Disc 1 to any of multiple systems running AnyDVD 8.4.7.0. The issue is recreateable following system reboot. No issues with other discs in the same series packaging, and no obviously visible scratching/physical issues with the media.

Received exception notification after insertion/scan of Simpsons Season 1 Disc 1 to any of multiple systems running AnyDVD 8.4.7.0. The issue is recreateable following system reboot. No issues with other discs in the same series packaging, and no obviously visible scratching/physical issues with the media.
Please disable "copy protection based on read errors" for this disc. Does it work now?

Thank you very much for the reply.

Disabling that feature did prevent AnyDVD from crashing while inspecting the disc, but subsequent attempts to rip the disc (across multiple systems, using "Rip to Image") demonstrate a number of read errors. I will try a replacement disc, when possible.

Not that it will avoid the read errors, but anydvd gives you the warning for a reason. You're not supposed to use the image ripper on DVD's, if you need/want a DVD image. Use CloneDVD2

You've probably got a bad disc. I've had 2 different sets of Simpsons S1, ranging from 2002 to a few years ago, and all discs processed fine. Just because you can't see damage on a disc doesn't mean it isn't bad.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Disabling that feature did prevent AnyDVD from crashing while inspecting the disc, but subsequent attempts to rip the disc (across multiple systems, using "Rip to Image") demonstrate a number of read errors. I will try a replacement disc, when possible.
Can you please post a logfile from this disc?

Log file attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.0_Info_D_SIMPSONS_D1.ziplog
    138.7 KB · Views: 1
Log file attached
Oh, no exception this time!
At least I understand, what was happening.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, the disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. This shouldn't cause AnyDVD to crash and write a dump file, but it did.

Back