• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 8.2.3.0 Changing Firewall Settings?

Polar Weasel

I recently updated to AnyDVD HD 8.2.3.0. During the install, a "netsh" command flashed by that indicated it was changing my firewall settings. Sure enough, according to my security logs there were 2 or 3 changes made to my firewall rules during the time AnyDVD HD was installing.

This is pretty alarming, as I don't know why this software would need to change my firewall settings.

I'd appreciate it if someone from the RedFox staff would explain this.

-Polar Weasel

Most likely just making sure your FW is properly configured to let AnyDVD have internet access so it can connect to the OPD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I recently updated to AnyDVD HD 8.2.3.0. During the install, a "netsh" command flashed by that indicated it was changing my firewall settings. Sure enough, according to my security logs there were 2 or 3 changes made to my firewall rules during the time AnyDVD HD was installing.

This is pretty alarming, as I don't know why this software would need to change my firewall settings.

I'd appreciate it if someone from the RedFox staff would explain this.
AnyDVD needs to connect the online database.
The setup program adds an outbound rule for AnyDVDtray.exe. Probably not necessary, because Windows firewall allows outbound traffic by default.

Back