• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 8.1.0.0 & Windows 10 error!

Alexander Gent

I have installed the current version of AnyDVD 8.1.0.0 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393 (2nd Anniversary) 64-bit. The program installs perfectly. As instructed by the software the PC is reset. When Windows reboots the AnyDVD icon appears in the taskbar tray along with other system icons.

However after a random period of time, the AnyDVD icon will disappear from the taskbar tray. Also files are inaccessible from the DVD drive until I run AnyDVD again from the program menu.

I use DVDShrink software to rip DVD Movies to the hard-drive for backup. The same problems happens again. I start to shrink a DVD movie, doesn't matter what movie, and after a few seconds the AnyDVD icon will disappear from the taskbar. However the DVD I am shrinking continues to process. However if I decide to shrink another DVD movie then I have to run AnyDVD again from the program menu and then run DVDShrink.

I have previously used this same version and earlier versions of RedFox AnyDVD under Windows 7 and never encountered this issue.

Is RedFox going to bring out a fix for this software error or there an alternative solution to this problem?

Thankyou,
Alex.

I don't get any problems.
However running version 1607.
Maybe an OS update would help.

Windows 10 version 1607, is build 14393. As at Tuesday 14th March 2017 is the most current build. Please check here for more info - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history#Version_1607_.28Anniversary_Update.29_2

Besides, if a Windows update caused this problem (well, for me anyway), why would I want to update again? The only update that Microsoft is going to post, is the new Creator's Update which will be available sometime in April 2017.

However, staying on topic. Perhaps the next version of AnyDVD could be fixed to resolve the issue I mentioned earlier on.

Thanks,
Alex.

PLEASE read this before you post

Without at least an AnyDVD log, no one can help you.

No one has reported any issues with the latest AnyDVD build. My PC and laptop both have the same version of Windows 10 Pro that you have, and I have had no issues whatsoever. A logfile however, will help narrow down what's going on with your particular system.

No log=no help.

The below link might be of some additional help. Please check it out also:

Global FAQs -- Some information for isolating problems

Best wishes, and I hope you get your issue fixed.

:)

Windows 10 version 1607, is build 14393. As at Tuesday 14th March 2017 is the most current build. Please check here for more info - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history#Version_1607_.28Anniversary_Update.29_2

Besides, if a Windows update caused this problem (well, for me anyway), why would I want to update again? The only update that Microsoft is going to post, is the new Creator's Update which will be available sometime in April 2017.

However, staying on topic. Perhaps the next version of AnyDVD could be fixed to resolve the issue I mentioned earlier on.
Thanks,
Alex.

Perhaps, since there are hundreds of us here (using Windows 10 even!) - and your problem is unique to you (so far) - you might not be so quick to assume that there's an AnyDVD problem. ie It's time to look inward first as to why you alone are reporting this strange issue.

"I start to shrink a DVD movie, doesn't matter what movie, and after a few seconds the AnyDVD icon will disappear from the taskbar. However the DVD I am shrinking continues to process."

I know DVDShrink forwards and backwards. If you terminate the AnyDVD program mid "shrink", DVDShrink will "lose" the disk in progress and need to start over.
Seems to me that your AnyDVD ICON is vanishing and the AnyDVD process is still running to some degree. Were it not - DVDShrink could not complete.
For openers you need to read the (strangely titled) PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST thread at the top of this forum.
Pay close attention to step 5 and post an AnyDVD logfile (from a DVD of your choosing) to this forum.
I suspect a "filter conflict" - only a logfile will tell the story.
That's the only way to get any meaningful help here.
-W

Last edited:
Perhaps, since there are hundreds of us here (using Windows 10 even!) - and your problem is unique to you (so far) - you might not be so quick to assume that there's an AnyDVD problem. ie It's time to look inward first as to why you alone are getting this strange issue.

"I start to shrink a DVD movie, doesn't matter what movie, and after a few seconds the AnyDVD icon will disappear from the taskbar. However the DVD I am shrinking continues to process."

I know DVDShrink forwards and backwards. If you terminate the AnyDVD program mid "shrink", DVDShrink will "lose" the disk in progress and need to start over.
Seems to me that your AnyDVD ICON is vanishing and the AnyDVD process is still running to some degree. Were it not - DVDShrink could not complete.
For openers you need to read the (strangely titled) PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST thread at the top of this forum.
Pay close attention to step 5 and post an AnyDVD logfile (from a DVD of your choosing) to this forum.
I suspect a "filter conflict" - only a logfile will tell the story.
That's the only way to get any meaningful help here.
-W
Thanks for the backup on what I was trying to tell the OP (Original Poster), Clams.

To Alexander Gent, I myself, like Clams, have DVDShrink installed on both my PC and laptop, both of them running Windows 10 Pro (latest version.) I have had no problems ripping a DVD using AnyDVD first to rip the DVD to hard disc, and then using DVDShrink to convert the created folder.

As per you request, please find attached the AnyDVD log files. However, I do not think that these log files will tell the complete story. In order to replicate the problem I have been encountering, the log file has to be updated in real-time. This way one can see the process terminating AnyDVD prematurely. I have tried to monitor this using SysInternals Process Monitor but it very hard to track the program or process shutting down AnyDVD.

As per CLAM's text, I did manage to Shrink a DVD movie, even after AnyDVD had crashed. I opened the task manager and realised that the AnyDVD helper application was still resident and perhaps that's why I was able to complete the process of shrinking a movie to my hard-drive.

I hope the attached zip log files are useful.

Thanks,
Alex.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_Q_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
  • AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_R_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_V_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
As per you request, please find attached the AnyDVD log files. However, I do not think that these log files will tell the complete story. In order to replicate the problem I have been encountering, the log file has to be updated in real-time. This way one can see the process terminating AnyDVD prematurely. I have tried to monitor this using SysInternals Process Monitor but it very hard to track the program or process shutting down AnyDVD.
You are using a cracked AnyDVD version. Cracked versions don't work, as you just have experienced. Uninstall the crack and use the trial version. Or even better, buy a license. Thank you.

Back