• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 7.4.1.0 scans DVD continuously (loop)

nitewulf69

I have an LG BH12LS38 Bluray reader/rewriter that's several years old. I haven't had any problem with the drive or AnyDVD until the other day. After updating to one of the latest beta releases of AnyDVD, I noticed that on startup of the PC, AnyDVD would get stuck in a loop scanning the DVD (I often play regular DVDs in the drive and use a second regular DVD burner to make copies of DVDs). The second drive works as it should with AnyDVD. I updated the firmware to the latest version ( for the LG BD drive) and also upgraded AnyDVD to the latest final release (7.4.1.0). If I disable or exit AnyDVD, the Bluray drive plays DVDs and Bluray discs fine.

As I have used AnyDVD for years with no problems with this drive, I'm assuming that my LG Bluray burner is simply malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. The only threads I found about continuous scanning by AnyDVD were old. I deleted the drive in Device Manager and reinstalled it with no effect and the cables and connections appear ok. Anything I might have missed before I buy a new drive?

I have an LG BH12LS38 Bluray reader/rewriter that's several years old. I haven't had any problem with the drive or AnyDVD until the other day. After updating to one of the latest beta releases of AnyDVD, I noticed that on startup of the PC, AnyDVD would get stuck in a loop scanning the DVD (I often play regular DVDs in the drive and use a second regular DVD burner to make copies of DVDs). The second drive works as it should with AnyDVD. I updated the firmware to the latest version ( for the LG BD drive) and also upgraded AnyDVD to the latest final release (7.4.1.0). If I disable or exit AnyDVD, the Bluray drive plays DVDs and Bluray discs fine.

As I have used AnyDVD for years with no problems with this drive, I'm assuming that my LG Bluray burner is simply malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. The only threads I found about continuous scanning by AnyDVD were old. I deleted the drive in Device Manager and reinstalled it with no effect and the cables and connections appear ok. Anything I might have missed before I buy a new drive?

log file of Empty drive? And is you drive Region set??? Usually continuously loop is because drive Region isn't hardware set not the Anydvd HD region emulator.

Back