• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 64-Bit

Tualatin

Hello all.

One question, maybe a stupid question. Is there a 64-Bit version of AnyDVD out now? Or is it intended to develop such a version?

In other respects, AnyDVD is a very fine software! Thanks to SlySoft!

Regards

Further Clarification Please:

The download for AnyDVD is the same for Vista32, and Vista64. When the installer runs, it installs AnyDVD into the "Program Files (x86)" folder, not the default 64bit "Program Files" folder. Also, looking at the EXE and DLL files, this appears to be a 32bit application that runs on the 64bit OS.

Are there plans to release a native 64bit version of AnyDVD for Vista64?

The 32 bit applications operate within a 32 emulation layer of the OS that adds a little extra overhead, and limits cross compatibility for all applicaions between 32bit and 64bit applications.

Are there plans to release a native 64bit version of AnyDVD for Vista64?

If there is, no one has mentioned anything to me.

The 32 bit applications operate within a 32 emulation layer of the OS that adds a little extra overhead, and limits cross compatibility for all applicaions between 32bit and 64bit applications.

Anydvd uses so little resources as it is that I suspect any performance gain would be negligible, but if a 64 bit version of Anydvd were released, I would use it.

Back