AnyDvd 6165 Will not Work in Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by sullamulla, Jul 20, 2007.

1. sullamulla

sullamulla New Member

I have just done a clean install of vista ultimate...the only software i have installed is AnyDvd 6165 and CloneDvd 2909...when i put a retail dvd in my drive and start cloneDvd ( AnyDvd is running in the background ) the software ejects the dvd and says " No media in drive " insert a dvd....
    I have also tried and uninstalled DvdFab Platinum for the same reason...it just sits there on the desktop and does not pickup the dvd to decrypt on insertion.....if i try and point the software to the drive with a dvd movie it instantly ejects the movie and says to put another one in...i have now un-installed all three of these progs until a solution is found...can anyone help from the sunshine island of Antigua :)
    Pass the rum man! :)
    Thanks.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Uninstall Anydvd. Does your drive see the disc now?

3. wattsja

wattsja New Member

Just wanted to say that I am (and have been) running AnyDVD 6xxxx on Vista Ultimate 64 with NO problems.

4. tommarnk

tommarnk Active Member

i second that even on x64 am running now

5. sullamulla

sullamulla New Member

The version of Vista Ultimate I have is 32...
    The DVD I want to backup is a newly purchased concert dvd I want to backup for use in my car dvd player..
    All indications of all hardware install and drivers states no problems..ie...device manager shows all drives are ok..no yellow ? icons...I have personally updated each and individual drivers one by one...
    Strange...even my dvd player software will not recognise any protected dvd in my drive..the only ones I can play are non-protected dvds..so it looks like a general vista problem...could this be a DRM problem?
    Thanks.:confused:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit and have zero problems with AnyDVD 6.1.6.5. This issue is something specific to your machine, not a general problem where AnyDVD doesn't work with Vista Ultimate as stated in your subject.