• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6123 crashed my pc at first

sneakers

Update works great but it did crash my pc when it first rebooted. I couldn't even reboot so I had to turn the surge protector off and on then turn my pc back on. Works great now! :)

Surge protector ? :confused:

You are supposed to plug your pc into a surge protector in case of a power surge in the line. If you don't and your power goes out or your house is hit by lightening your pc could be fried. When your power goes out and comes back on a surge is sent through the line and could fry your pc same with lightening.

B0009B0HEE.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:
You are supposed to plug your pc into a surge protector in case of a power surge in the line. If you don't and your power goes out or your house is hit by lightening your pc could be fried. When your power goes out and comes back on a surge is sent through the line and could fry your pc same with lightening.
Geez, I better get one ... that lightning talk is really scaring me. Because everyone is always telling me "God is gonna get you" :(

Whisperer

Guess you have never had a mother board fry due to power surge.

As soon as it happens you'll be buying surge protectors. As well as a new PC. 8)

Geez, I better get one ... that lightning talk is really scaring me. Because everyone is always telling me "God is gonna get you" :(

Whisperer

And I thought it was the Moderators – anyway thanks for the explanation sneakers
:D

Whisperer

I use surge protectors. We had a lightening strike close to my house one time and I saw blue sparks pop out of an unused plug in near my tv.

Power

Better still, get a battery back-up. It will help with surges (if a bolt hits your house not much will help and in case God can hit a 1 iron) and keep it going for a while during an outage.

Last edited:
A very rare event.....

Not all that rare in certain parts of the country. I live in the MidWest and lightning is a very real and common occurrence in the Spring and Summer months.
Persoanlly, I like PC owners who don't have Surge protection......... I get to sell them more parts.:D

Lightning and thunder storms are real and common.....Affecting your computer is a rare event....:)

Lightning and thunder storms are real and common.....Affecting your computer is a rare event....:)
You are correct to a point Bilbo65, if Lightning strikes a power station the power in you house may be disrupted and when the power returns the surge may affect some of your electronics. If Lightning strikes your house, your computer is the last thing you will worry about.:agree:

A very rare event.....

Not where I live. I've lost over 5 computers to lightning over the past 10 years. I even have lightning rods around my house. I've got everything on good surge protectors now, but, it's not that rare for us. :)

Not where I live. I've lost over 5 computers to lightning over the past 10 years. I even have lightning rods around my house. I've got everything on good surge protectors now, but, it's not that rare for us. :)

The voice of experience! :D
I haven't had to resort to lightning rods but I do have surge protectors on every PC that I own and I have never lost a PC to electrical damage. I have lost 3 surge protectors in the last 5 yrs.

The voice of experience! :D
I haven't had to resort to lightning rods but I do have surge protectors on every PC that I own and I have never lost a PC to electrical damage. I have lost 3 surge protectors in the last 5 yrs.

It's not something I'm actually HAPPY about, mind you. :) I haven't lost anything in quite a while, but, it definitely has happened. The last machine to fry was over at my uncle's house next door. We have a little field between us that gets hit once in a while. Fun to watch, sucks to lose equipment.

Back