• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anydvd 6.5.2.3??? WS/Webbie, Old Joe or any other person who is knowledgeable

lmc

I had a poblem backing up this title using anydvd 6.5.2.3 and clonedvd. It stops at 55% read error.
Webslinger, I currently am using version 6.5.2.2 - is this person using a beta version? If so, how did they upgrade to this newer version?

I am newer to forums, or, more accurately stated, I don't use the forum enough to develop the full, dialectical "tongue" needed to successfully converse, convey ideas and maneuver about the site with ease and grace - so could you please explain this to me, WS, Old Joe, somebody?

I did notice that frequently these AnyDVD update releases coincide with NewDVD Tuesdays, obviously new releases of the software to assist us in backing up our new release DVD purchases ... But, should we ALWAYS download a new software version and use it? Or, should we keep a copy of the old version installed, and use the BETA new release version only on problematic DVD's?

Is there EVER the chance that a new movie can be processed using the older version yet the newer software, BETA version might not work for it? Or, is the basic rule of thumb this; if the older AnyDVD or CloneDVD version works for it then the newer, BETA, version will also work for it ...
And, likewise...
if the older version doesn't work for it (yet it does work for a person's other, newly released DVD's that I just purchased today) then the BETA version should work for both types of new release DVD's - those that can be backed up using the old software and those that NEED the new, BETA version of the software to make a back up copy....
:policeman:
Also, please explain the concept of the "sandbox"!

Thanks for your help,
lmc

ps - I am currently running AnyDVD 6.5.2.2 and CloneDVD2 v. 2.9.2.0 - do I need to upgrade today? If so, where are these newly released, BETA versions located?

Also, would flipping through this forum while working with ANY and Clone DVD to back-up my new DVD's mess up the data file production? Make it error, or stagger, etc?

Webslinger, I currently am using version 6.5.2.2 - is this person using a beta version? If so, how did they upgrade to this newer version?

I am newer to forums, or, more accurately stated, I don't use the forum enough to develop the full, dialectical "tongue" needed to successfully converse, convey ideas and maneuver about the site with ease and grace - so could you please explain this to me, WS, Old Joe, somebody?

Official release versions are on the Slysoft website and you receive an email notification when they are released. AnyDVD will tell you when a new version is available when you have the option to check for updates enabled. Beta versions are only available in the forums. At the very top of the AnyDVD forum you will find the latest version in a stickied post. To update to v6.5.2.3 all you need to do is look at the forum and read that post.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18. Now look at the very first post at the top.

I did notice that frequently these AnyDVD update releases coincide with NewDVD Tuesdays, obviously new releases of the software to assist us in backing up our new release DVD purchases ... But, should we ALWAYS download a new software version and use it? Or, should we keep a copy of the old version installed, and use the BETA new release version only on problematic DVD's?

I recommend installing the newest version. New updates should resolve problems and work with older discs. Having everyone using the same version also helping people much easier.

Is there EVER the chance that a new movie can be processed using the older version yet the newer software, BETA version might not work for it? Or, is the basic rule of thumb this; if the older AnyDVD or CloneDVD version works for it then the newer, BETA, version will also work for it ...

It's possible for an update with a newer version to cause a problem with an older disc, yes. This rarely happens but it is possible.

And, likewise...
if the older version doesn't work for it (yet it does work for a person's other, newly released DVD's that I just purchased today) then the BETA version should work for both types of new release DVD's - those that can be backed up using the old software and those that NEED the new, BETA version of the software to make a back up copy....

Yes, the new version should work for both.

ps - I am currently running AnyDVD 6.5.2.2 and CloneDVD2 v. 2.9.2.0 - do I need to upgrade today? If so, where are these newly released, BETA versions located?

I would recommend updating and I've already said where to look. :)

Also, would flipping through this forum while working with ANY and Clone DVD to back-up my new DVD's mess up the data file production? Make it error, or stagger, etc?

It should not, no, but it really depends on the system you are using. If you are using a very old and slow computer then it could possibly cause issues. With most modern systems there should be no issue read the forums and making a backup.

Last edited:
Back