• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.8 beta

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6198.exe

6.1.9.8 2007 11 12
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for all MKBv4 titles (requires internet connection)
  • Note: It is possible, that the AnyDVD update server may be shortly unavailable during the beta test phase
  • New (Blu-ray): AnyDVD ripper copies BD+ titles
  • New (Blu-ray): Removed "BD+ not supported" warning, as all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD. Reports indicate, that burned BD+ titles work on PS3 and standalone players as well.
  • Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money. :)
  • Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

You mention build 3104, but there were patches named 3104a and 3104-R1. Are either of these satisfactory?

Problems with HD-DVD "I Now Pronounce you Chuch & Larry"

Hey All,

I am having problems viewing and backing up the HD-DVD "I Now Pronounce you Chuch & Larry".

I am running the 6.1.9.8 Beta. I have included the zip log file.

What happens when I load the disc, is random. Somtimes a screen comes up and says, "Loading......" but the movie never loads.

Other times, a large WARNING screen comes up, followed by a smaller screen that reads:
"Warning...Fail to enable HDCP. Please switch to Analog output...Error code= 0107.

I am running PowerDVD Ultra ver. 7.3.

Help!!
D

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_CHUCKANDLARRY.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 3
Error with Oceans 13

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.8)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0C SEP19 ,2006RE2D
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 10654240 sectors (20809 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: OCEANS_THIRTEEN
Media is AACS protected!
Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_OCEANS_THIRTEEN.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

That usually would indicate some firewall is blocking AnyDVD from connecting or your internet connection failed.

That usually would indicate some firewall is blocking AnyDVD from connecting or your internet connection failed.

Thanks Peer, I knew it was something silly. Not sure why PC Cillin would not allow the connection, slysoft is in my approved list.

All better now! Cheers!

Thanks Peer, I knew it was something silly. Not sure why PC Cillin would not allow the connection, slysoft is in my approved list.

All better now! Cheers!

..........:)

I'm just going to make a comment on this whole issue of not having an internet connection on your HTPC and worrying about not being able to connect to the server. Before HD came along, what exactly happened when a new protection came out on a DVD that you wanted to rip on your HTPC? You had to wait for an update to AnyDVD to be released and then copy the new version onto the HTPC. So how is this new situation any different at all? If AnyDVD HD doesn't work with a title you want to copy, you either A> have an internet connection and allow AnyDVD HD to update the key database in real time or B> wait for an update to AnyDVD HD to be released and then copy the new version onto the HTPC. As far as I'm concerned, this is completely a non-issue. For those that don't think it's fair to have to wait for an update if you don't have an internet connection, you simply need to look at the history of the program.

Whilst you make a fair point, to me at least, it wasn't clear whether future updates would 'get around'' the internet connection issue. From the way I'd read what I'd read, there would always be a connection required for new titles from now on, so was looking for clarification on this.

I've not been using Any DVD for that long, and rarely rip DVDs so have not had any experience of the situation that you outline.

Thanks for your reply James.

Whilst you make a fair point, to me at least, it wasn't clear whether future updates would 'get around'' the internet connection issue. From the way I'd read what I'd read, there would always be a connection required for new titles from now on, so was looking for clarification on this.

No, that's definitely not the case. Any new titles will be added to the next new release of AnyDVD HD. It sounds like they want to do weekly/bi-weekly releases to update the title key database, so, you wouldn't be waiting for long if you choose to go this route. The only requirement is that you'd have to download the new version and somehow get it to the machine that has no internet connection. It's absolutely not going to be required that the machine you have AnyDVD HD installed upon be able to access the internet. However, for those that do allow that on their HTPC, you will get what James calls the "custom tailored, personalized cracking service(tm)". :) Meaning that when you buy a brand new release that AnyDVD HD doesn't have a key for, it'll acquire one for you instantly from the update server. That key will then be added to the next release of AnyDVD HD.

I've not been using Any DVD for that long, and rarely rip DVDs so have not had any experience of the situation that you outline.

Thanks for your reply James.

In the past when a new protection came out that AnyDVD couldn't deal with, we had to wait for Slysoft to release a new version of AnyDVD. That meant we had to download the new release. Those on an HTPC wishing to rip the movie to their hard drive would have the exact same issue back then as they do now without an internet connection. They simply need to wait for the next release. That's all.

this is no big deal...download to usb stick and load in front of HTPC....if your HTPC has no front USB port then you have a crummy HTPC LOL!!!!

Working..

Ocean's Thirteen \ Twelve \ Eleven HDDVD Combo pack
Shrek the Third

Also Using Newest Version of PowerDVD 3319f
Once the decode key is downloaded, does it get stored like the CSS keys can be?

Very Impressive!!

CN

Peer & co., is it within AnyDVD's (future?) capabilities to help users grab screenshots?

As you know, PDVD disables screen capture function whenever playing HD/BD titles and that's a massive pain in the bum for me. I have a professional need to cap screens from HD/BD, especially of the menus, and there's currently no way of doing that.

I'm aware this is not something most of your customers require so it's bound to be a low priority - if possible at all.

Back