• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.5 beta

So essentially if you just rip a BD+ title to disk, you can play it back without any problems. You just can't change any of the data (ie: re-encode). Is that correct? Don't have any BD+ titles yet so I can't test for myself.

BTW, you guys are awesome. I'd make sure you have good security around though, cause you're definitely pissing the studios off. :0)

So essentially if you just rip a BD+ title to disk, you can play it back without any problems.
Correct.

EDIT:

You can even play it back directly from the original disc *without* HDCP requirement.

You just can't change any of the data (ie: re-encode). Is that correct? Don't have any BD+ titles yet so I can't test for myself.
If you want to re-encode, I strongly advise not to invest in Blu-ray discs at all (I told it many times, BD being a very consumer unfriendly format).

If you want to re-encode, I strongly advise not to invest in Blu-ray discs at all (I told it many times, BD being a very consumer unfriendly format).
We may not have a choice, if Warner really decides to go for Bluray only that may be the end of HD DVD.

What bluray fanboy sad that? WB is looking at the 4th quarter- and probably at things like slysoft. If toshiba and Walmart's christmas price drops sell the numbers they should, WB will go HDDVD exclusive, if they go at all.

For the last freakin' time- WB is not going to go bluray exclusive- they never said it, some vp said something about the format war being bad, that's it. Some bluray idiots interpreted that to mean they will go bluray. I interpreted it to mean my tortoise will likely eat his own poo again. There was never any evidence, quotes, or anything to support it- so stop spreading misinformation.

For changelog you can also look on your local disk.

Press start/programs/slysoft/anydvd/anydvd history.

For the last freakin' time- WB is not going to go bluray exclusive- they never said it, some vp said something about the format war being bad, that's it.
First of all, you don't know what WB will do, second you don't get to tell people what to post or not.
And what the vp from Warner said definitely leaves room for speculation:

That may not be for long, Silverberg said. “One thing that may be changing is our strategy,” he said. “When both formats launched and hardware prices were high, we made a decision to support both formats and let the consumer decide. But now that hardware pricing is affordable for both Blu-ray and HD DVD, it appears consumers no longer want to decide — so the notion of staying in two formats for the duration is something we are re-evaluating now that we are in the fourth quarter.”

Silverberg noted that Warner has the top-selling Blu-ray title of all time with 300 and is consistently No. 1 or No. 2 in both Blu-ray sales market share and in number of Blu-ray titles in the market.

“We can definitely talk Blu-ray,” he said. “We are committed to the format.”

This is from http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=11449

Now lets look at what you said "WB will not go Bluray exclusive", "WB will go HDDVD exclusive, if they go at all"

So according to you there is no evidence for WB going exclusive either way but suggesting they go Bluray is not ok, but suggesting they go HDDVD exclusive is?

If a VP from Warners high-def department says that on the one hand they are committed to Bluray and on the other hand they are rethinking their strategy then it should be allowed to discuss what this could mean.
And if you don't like it, well, tough luck.

Let's discuss things without invective please. Keep things civil and frosty cool in here please. :policeman:

Thank you

Well, we will see. I think that these massive sales on hddvd players will cause some serious consumer shift to the format. And I think Walmart will actually go hddvd exclusive. If that happens, I think it is over.

But I stand by my earlier post- that quote was taken out of context at a blu ray event. It is not reliable, and WB later clarified the comments saying it was not changing its stance on the format war. Google the quote and you will find multiple posts saying it was taken out of context.

Personally, I think it all comes down to encryption and price. If James does away with it, HDDVD will win for sure.

Is there any good solution for playing Java-enabled discs with PowerDVD 3319 (the only version which can play those discs) without ripping the disc first?
Can AnyDVD's team fix that problem?

Is there any good solution for playing Java-enabled discs with PowerDVD 3319 (the only version which can play those discs) without ripping the disc first?
Can AnyDVD's team fix that problem?
PowerDVD 3104 plays Java enabled titles. (e.g., Speed or POTC)

PowerDVD 3104 plays Java enabled titles. (e.g., Speed or POTC)

POTC does not play for me on build 3104: I only have a black screen, no menu, no movie. On 3319 it plays fine (of course I first ripped it on my HDD)... :doh: Talking about Europe/French edition...
In addition, the same problem occurs with Spider-man trilogy

Last edited:
Talking about Europe/French edition...

Hm, I have the German version of SM3, from hard disk it seems to work fine with 3104 for me, however a friend of mine also could not manage to play his SM3. Very strange... maybe there are different European version in circulation :doh:

POTC does not play for me on build 3104: I only have a black screen, no menu, no movie. On 3319 it plays fine (of course I first ripped it on my HDD)... :doh: Talking about Europe/French edition...

I tried it myself, it works. But you *must* completely disable "Data Execution Prevention" and reboot your computer. Excluding PowerDVD from DEP does not work (you must select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs only).

Back