AnyDVD 6.1.8.4

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by mayfly36, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mayfly36

mayfly36 Member

hi guys, im new to the forum and am looking for help or advice. I have been running anydvd 6.1.7.4 for a a while now and the previous versions as well, without any problems . When the latest verson came out 6.1.8.4 i installed as per usual, everything seemed to be fine, ie rebooted after install etc. But now when pc is turned off and turned back on the next day, the system wont start up. i get the dreaded blue flash in the background, i cant even enter safe reboot. I have 6.1.7.4 reinstalled and at the moinute everytning seems to be working fine. I turned pc off and turned back on after 1 hour, all ok. So i think there is a problem with the latest 6.1.8.4 version. Iam running xp service 2 duo processor 2gb ram 270gb hard drive etc.The only way i got back to running was to reboot from cdrom.This happened 2 days in a row after everything was reinstalled again including 6.1.8.4 version it didnt start up. Looking forward to your replies.
    thanks
    mayfly36

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

What have you installed since 6.1.7.4?

3. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

We need a lot more information. What Operating System?

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd. Anydvd requires Windows to load first before Anydvd can run. If Windows is not running, this isn't an Anydvd issue.

You're either experiencing some sort of hardware failure, which Blue Screens of Death are typically attributed to--or a corrupt windows installation.

5. mayfly36

mayfly36 Member

Anydvd

windows xp home 5.1.2660
    service pack 2
    processor AMD athlon tm 64x2 dual core processor 4200+ 200MHZ
    MEMORY 2,048MB
    l2 cach2 128kb
    mainboard ASUS TEk compuet inc M2N.TE
    FILE SYSTEM NTFS

6. Webslinger

1. Either scan the system for viruses/trojans or get someone too.

2. Run an XP repair install: click http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI

3. If that doesn't work, you've got a hardware problem.

7. mayfly36

mayfly36 Member

The only thing that was installed since 6.1.7.4 was 6.1.8.4 and utorrent.exe 1.7.. i had bit comet installed but i had these 2 torrent.exes installed before and never had a conflict. bit comet has been removed and 6.1.8.4 is not on, so tomorrow morning awaits

8. Webslinger

How did you manage to uninstall 6.1.8.4, if you can't boot into windows?

:confused:

downloading torrents = increased chances for trojans/viruses

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  9. mayfly36

mayfly36 Member

i had to use the cdrom disc that came with pc and wipe system to start again, i have loaded everything back on again without 6.1.8.4 and bit comet, hope that kelps get ure head around it.

10. Webslinger

O.k., that makes sense.

6.1.8.4 is safe to install on all machines, provided, of course, you downloaded it from Slysoft's website. If you downloaded a torrent, then you take your risks. If there were an issue with 6.1.8.4, you would first load into windows--and then see an issue when Anydvd autoloads on startup.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  11. Charlie

Except those running win 2000 though I thought or do those users need to have all the updates?

12. Webslinger

13. Charlie

OK thanks I thought there was a workaround but forgot about where it was. The effects being on 10 different forums periodically a day.

14. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

ASUS MOBO's are noted for having some problems with some brands of RAM...which is very often a causee of BSOD. ASUS will have a RAM compatibility list for your MOBO on their site.