• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.8.4

mayfly36

hi guys, im new to the forum and am looking for help or advice. I have been running anydvd 6.1.7.4 for a a while now and the previous versions as well, without any problems . When the latest verson came out 6.1.8.4 i installed as per usual, everything seemed to be fine, ie rebooted after install etc. But now when pc is turned off and turned back on the next day, the system wont start up. i get the dreaded blue flash in the background, i cant even enter safe reboot. I have 6.1.7.4 reinstalled and at the moinute everytning seems to be working fine. I turned pc off and turned back on after 1 hour, all ok. So i think there is a problem with the latest 6.1.8.4 version. Iam running xp service 2 duo processor 2gb ram 270gb hard drive etc.The only way i got back to running was to reboot from cdrom.This happened 2 days in a row after everything was reinstalled again including 6.1.8.4 version it didnt start up. Looking forward to your replies.
thanks
mayfly36

hi guys, im new to the forum and am looking for help or advice. I have been running anydvd 6.1.7.4 for a a while now and the previous versions as well, without any problems . When the latest verson came out 6.1.8.4 i installed as per usual, everything seemed to be fine, ie rebooted after install etc. But now when pc is turned off and turned back on the next day, the system wont start up. i get the dreaded blue flash in the background, i cant even enter safe reboot. I have 6.1.7.4 reinstalled and at the moinute everytning seems to be working fine. I turned pc off and turned back on after 1 hour, all ok. So i think there is a problem with the latest 6.1.8.4 version. Iam running xp service 2 duo processor 2gb ram 270gb hard drive etc.The only way i got back to running was to reboot from cdrom.This happened 2 days in a row after everything was reinstalled again including 6.1.8.4 version it didnt start up. Looking forward to your replies.
thanks
mayfly36

What have you installed since 6.1.7.4?

But now when pc is turned off and turned back on the next day, the system wont start up

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd. Anydvd requires Windows to load first before Anydvd can run. If Windows is not running, this isn't an Anydvd issue.

You're either experiencing some sort of hardware failure, which Blue Screens of Death are typically attributed to--or a corrupt windows installation.

Anydvd

We need a lot more information. What Operating System?

windows xp home 5.1.2660
service pack 2
processor AMD athlon tm 64x2 dual core processor 4200+ 200MHZ
MEMORY 2,048MB
l2 cach2 128kb
mainboard ASUS TEk compuet inc M2N.TE
FILE SYSTEM NTFS

What have you installed since 6.1.7.4?

The only thing that was installed since 6.1.7.4 was 6.1.8.4 and utorrent.exe 1.7.. i had bit comet installed but i had these 2 torrent.exes installed before and never had a conflict. bit comet has been removed and 6.1.8.4 is not on, so tomorrow morning awaits

bit comet has been removed and 6.1.8.4 is not on, so tomorrow morning awaits

How did you manage to uninstall 6.1.8.4, if you can't boot into windows?

the system wont start up. i get the dreaded blue flash in the background, i cant even enter safe reboot.

:confused:

downloading torrents = increased chances for trojans/viruses

Last edited:
How did you manage to uninstall 6.1.8.4, if you can't boot into windows?

:confused:

downloading torrents = increased chances for trojans/viruses

i had to use the cdrom disc that came with pc and wipe system to start again, i have loaded everything back on again without 6.1.8.4 and bit comet, hope that kelps get ure head around it.

i had to use the cdrom disc that came with pc and wipe system to start again, i have loaded everything back on again without 6.1.8.4 and bit comet, hope that kelps get ure head around it.

O.k., that makes sense.

6.1.8.4 is safe to install on all machines, provided, of course, you downloaded it from Slysoft's website. If you downloaded a torrent, then you take your risks. If there were an issue with 6.1.8.4, you would first load into windows--and then see an issue when Anydvd autoloads on startup.

Last edited:
Except those running win 2000 though I thought or do those users need to have all the updates?

OK thanks I thought there was a workaround but forgot about where it was. The effects being on 10 different forums periodically a day.

windows xp home 5.1.2660
service pack 2
processor AMD athlon tm 64x2 dual core processor 4200+ 200MHZ
MEMORY 2,048MB
l2 cach2 128kb
mainboard ASUS TEk compuet inc M2N.TE
FILE SYSTEM NTFS

ASUS MOBO's are noted for having some problems with some brands of RAM...which is very often a causee of BSOD. ASUS will have a RAM compatibility list for your MOBO on their site.

Back