• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDvd 6.1.7.5 Beta is out

AnyDVD info:

pretty weird info coming from a recorded DVD :confused:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.5)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631 GD30 MY0T7404701594C1003Q
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2047664 sectors (3999 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD VR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I know that AnyDVD does not HAVE to copy those DVDs coming from a DVD recorder but, I tried it out and with the "AI scanner" and guess what?
CloneDVD2 still saids "unexpected error" message.

pretty weird info coming from a recorded DVD :confused:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.5)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631 GD30 MY0T7404701594C1003Q
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2047664 sectors (3999 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD VR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I know that AnyDVD does not HAVE to copy those DVDs coming from a DVD recorder but, I tried it out and with the "AI scanner" and guess what?
CloneDVD2 still saids "unexpected error" message.

Given that the dvd-vr format will not play back in any dvd video player, I wouldn't expect that Anydvd nor Clonedvd will ever support dvd-vr. dvd-vr only plays in dvd-vr supported devices. DVD-VR uses playlists instead of navigation menus.

Commercial dvd movies must be able to play on most dvd video players (Sony/Lionsgate and the latest junk from New Line Home video notwithstanding), whereas dvd-vr doesn't.

Last edited:
Look again as this was a dvd-vr and clonedvd2 can't handle those formats I thought?

Looks like the beta has a bug with potential bad sector protections.

Only on certain discs. I was able to CloneCD an image of Pursuit of Happyness, which is one of the nastiest ARccOS protected discs in existence, and it worked just fine. So it's definitely not all discs with sector protections that are causing the problem. James will look at it and see what he can do. So far in my testing this version has worked very well. I've only found a few issues so far.

I used CloneDVD to copy my DVD+VR disc before and it worked.

dvd+vr and dvd-vr are two completely different formats.

As I've written many times before dvd-vr is not dvd-video compliant; dvd-vr does not play on most dvd players.

dvd+vr will play on most dvd players; dvd+vr is compatible with normal dvd-video players.

Last edited:
word on the streets is Slysoft is not amused that this beta made it out of PRIVATE beta.

word on the streets is Slysoft is not amused that this beta made it out of PRIVATE beta.
loads of people will probably have downloaded 6.1.7.5 version now.

if what Tsurani said is true (which i very much doubt),
where did the sandbox link come from?
who leaked it?
where did the password come from?
why not just disable it?

:confused: It never cease's to amaze me how everyone wants to be the first in having something.

:doh: What ever happened to QUALITY COMES FIRST

SlySoft has always provided the REAL DEAL and has to my knowledge, never put something forward unless it's 100%.

I've had ANYDVD and CLONEDVD2 for over a year and a half now and although sometimes, like now, it might take a few extra days to get a new release out, when it is released it works. Oh sure, sometimes there may be a slight bug, but those bugs are caught and dealt with swiftly.

:clap: for the SLYSOFT GANG that works hard in keeping a product going and going and going ( like the bunny ).

As far as leaks and beta's and those want-a-be's go, they are only hurting themselves in the end. Or did you all forget what goes around comes around ?

Let the "experts" at SlySoft do that thing that they do so well.

I personally "THANK YOU" for all the hard work (even tho a few breaks sipping those fancy drinks on the beach might come your way) that you do.

And "THANK YOU" to the MODS who keep all of us informed as to what the "real deal" is.

Cheer's

Wolfy

loads of people will probably have downloaded 6.1.7.5 version now.

if what Tsurani said is true (which i very much doubt),
where did the sandbox link come from?
who leaked it?
where did the password come from?
why not just disable it?

It is actually true. It came from the private beta testers section and was posted to the public by mistake. One of the private beta testers jumped the gun, as it were, and posted it. It's a little late now, but, what he said IS true.

It is actually true. It came from the private beta testers section and was posted to the public by mistake. One of the private beta testers jumped the gun, as it were, and posted it. It's a little late now, but, what he said IS true.
That's what I was thinking. And since Webslinger has access to that forum since he is a moderator, that's how he knew about everything.

That's what I was thinking. And since Webslinger has access to that forum since he is a moderator, that's how he knew about everything.

Well, it's out there now. The genie is out of the bottle. And if the reaction I've seen over the last 12 hours is any indication of how good this version is, we have a stellar product on our hands. James and crew are to be HIGHLY commended for this technology. I've been putting it through its paces since I got it last night and let me just say it works *REALLY* well. It's not without some issues, but, given that it works on a disc that Slysoft hasn't even received yet...that's pretty impressive!

Tried it with Troy (Blu-ray), still doesn't work, but I'm sure it won't take them long

Tried it with Troy (Blu-ray), still doesn't work, but I'm sure it won't take them long

An HD-DVD/BD Update is not yet included and - yes - this version is not really meant to be out in the public.
The AI Scanner (tm) has proven to at least meet our expectations, so everything is fine... :)
A few minor issues were to be expected - they are less than I thought. After all, AnyDVD was to some extent completely rewritten...

An HD-DVD/BD Update is not yet included and - yes - this version is not really meant to be out in the public.
The AI Scanner (tm) has proven to at least meet our expectations, so everything is fine... :)
A few minor issues were to be expected - they are less than I thought. After all, AnyDVD was to some extent completely rewritten...

Meet your expectations?! :) I'd say they surpassed mine for a beta release of a brand new technology! I'm EXTREMELY impressed with what you guys have done. The issues that have been found so far have been relatively minor and nothing we throw at this seems to stop it. That's incredible. :) And while it's not meant for public consumption, take heart in the fact that it has been VERY well received by everyone. Job well done!

I'm not sure I consider that a troll post, considering what was written is true.

I have no doubt that James and others are annoyed that a private beta got leaked. It was a private beta for a reason.

That said, if the person actually had more than 1 post I might have viewed it differently. To me, it appeared the person posted for no other purpose than to troll.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Back