• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.3 beta

Is it a matter of Life Or Death that you do your "back-ups" so quickly ?

Slow down, give these folks a break, will yea.

"" All good things take time -- Time that is worth waiting for when a Quality Product is on order ""

I completely agree. We live in a world of people are are insanely impatient, unfortunately.

No update notices, so we checked out the forum. Found that there was one that was listed in Bata ......

Needless to say ---> It Worked Like A Charm

Common sense, and a change in attitude is required. Why get on the folks at SlySoft for problems you encounter. I know, it's because it a " I Want It Now " thingy with some of the members and people who have not received a ""Update"" Notice from SlySoft.

The forum is here to keep you informed. Use it or please be quiet.

As public betas have become more and more common these days with all different programs I think people have begun taking them for granted in that they don't really view betas as being much different than official stable releases. Slysoft happens to release extremely stable betas but they are still betas and as such I don't and won't ever agree that they should be posted on the website nor an email sent.

As a user of any software the user takes part in the process of improving it by giving feedback, reporting bugs, etc. Ideally all users would read the forums. But, again, we go back to the people taking stuff for granted and being impatient. A lot of people don't want to read the forums and heaven forbid they actually read the existing thread titles before posting a new thread asking about the same problem that has already been addressed. In many cases their post appears right above the existing thread!!! It wasn't like they had to do any major hunting to find it.

A user does, IMHO, have a responsibility to use intelligence and common sense. Many people just don't have any idea how to read forums. The Search feature is your friend. People should use it but they do not on a very regular basis.

We all know new movie releases are generally Tuesdays. So the people who don't want to visit the forums every single day can check on Tuesdays and see if there are any problems. Or, check the forums when they are having a problem and do a search to see if others are having the same problem. There are 52 weeks in the year... That's not that many Tuesdays and I think people are capable of handling checking the forums.

Anyway, I'll stop here. I completely agree with what you have said.

Last edited:
Yes, betas....

The reason why we release betas are many.
Sometimes, the developer is not sure, a fix will work under all circumstances (sooo many different configurations multiplied by OS's, multiplied by the number of discs multiplied by the number of hardware setups, ... thats a huge number of different environments, you just can't cover with your own test lab).
Sometimes, you're planning to add multiple changes - but you've already finished the first one and want the people to have it early -> beta.

Many people don't want to install betas, that's ok.
Many others install betas, test them, find a bug and think "ok, I'll just wait for the release, I'm sure, it will be fixed then". We're lucky that we have such a good crowd around here for AnyDVD, so it's not that bad.

AnyDVD has become very complex because of all the many different copy protections it handles, so it gets more and more difficult to "see through". That calls for betas.
The upcoming AI(tm) will hopefully make things a lot easier (though the AI engine itself is already frying my brains, but it should require much less maintenance - and that's what it was designed for :) )

i did a search for this 'AI' thing using the forum seach feature.nothing was found.

"The following errors occurred with your search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : AI
"

but i'm sure i read about it on a post recently.
can someone tell me (and anyone else who doesn't know) what this is exactly?
i'm guessing it stands for Artificial Intelligence (?),but how does this work with anydvd?
thanks.

Last edited:
I read about that somewhere too.
Yes AI stands for Artificial Intelligence and scanning can take up to a minute with heavily protected discs (like Saw 3).
The scanner should make the "Structual protection updates" obsolete.

Just wanted to ask is the auto updates going to stop. I have been coming here in the last 2 weeks for updates and nothing is auto updating. Will this be the preferred method from here on out. Just wondering. Not a great big deal to me.

Just wanted to ask is the auto updates going to stop. I have been coming here in the last 2 weeks for updates and nothing is auto updating. Will this be the preferred method from here on out. Just wondering. Not a great big deal to me.

When Anydvd checks for a new version, Anydvd is checking for a new official release--and not a beta update. Betas are posted on the forums only (for the most part). So if you're interested in testing new beta releases, visit the forums frequently.

When Anydvd checks for a new version, Anydvd is checking for a new official release--and not a beta update. Betas are posted on the forums only (for the most part). So if you're interested in testing new beta releases, visit the forums frequently.

Sounds good. I just did not know that. I have had the software for quite a while and did not visit the forums very often but I will from now on. Thanks for the info it is very much appreciated.

It would be a good idea to include an option in AnyDVD to check for beta updates.

i did a search for this 'AI' thing using the forum seach feature.nothing was found.

The search feature in this forum will not work on two character search teams. A lot of search functions for forums are similar. I think the smallest word that will work is four characters here. I think part of the reason has to do with indexing and hard drive space.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6173.exe

6.1.7.3 2007 09 07
- New (DVD): Added support for a new copy protection to the option to
remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors", e.g.
"Curse of the Golden Flower", R2, UK

6.1.7.2 2007 09 06
- New (DVD): Added support for a new version of the Settec AlphaDVD
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable
Sectors", e.g. "Paris by Night 89 - Live in Korea"
Note: 1:1 copy with CloneCD is not yet supported. Currently only
CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper are supported.
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix: Compatibility problem with U3 memory sticks
- Some minor fixes and improvements

6.1.7.1 2007 09 01
- New (DVD): Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors", e.g.
"Blades of Glory" R1, US
Note: This new protection is supported by CloneDVD, CloneCD, DVDShrink
and Nero Recode without using the AnyDVD ripper!
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix (DVD): False positive detection of Arccos on some unprotected titles
- Fix: Compatibility problem with Cruzer U3 memory stick
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6173.exe
JUST A QUICK QUESTION. I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD 6173 SO AS TO BURN BLADES OF GLORY BUT I GET AN NSIS ERROR MESSAGE (INSTALLER VERIFICATION FAILED) MESSAGE?? DO IN NEED TO REINSTALL SLYSOFT??

JUST A QUICK QUESTION. I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD 6173 SO AS TO BURN BLADES OF GLORY BUT I GET AN NSIS ERROR MESSAGE (INSTALLER VERIFICATION FAILED) MESSAGE?? DO IN NEED TO REINSTALL SLYSOFT??

Hello,

Please do not type in all-caps. Thank you. You likely have a corrupt download.

Click http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error

"# Disable any download accelerators and download the installer again.
# Update any active anti-virus and download the installer again.
# Disable any active anti-virus and download the installer again.
# Download the installer using another computer and copy it to the original computer using a reliable media. "

Last edited:
Well, you know, I don't work for Slysoft, so I generally wouldn't have an idea why. That said, I think Slysoft does in-house testing on betas. Then the betas are released to the forum for us to test, and then the betas are officially released. Or at least, that happened sometimes in the past.

In this case though, it seems that Slysoft's email servers have moved recently. And perhaps, it's taking some time to install the email servers (so that notifications of updates can be emailed out).

You can read James' explanation here: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49439&postcount=7

People getting upset over the betas is a bit unfortunate. James does a lot of hard work. Then he posts a beta update. People complain it's not an official release. The thing is when Slysoft does a lot of updates to Anydvd in a short time frame, people use to sign up to the forums just to complain about all the email notifications they were receiving about Anydvd updates. Some even seemed to suggest they were being spammed by Slysoft, and some said that if Anydvd were programmed well there wouldn't need to be so many updates. In my opinion, sometimes no matter what Slysoft does, people complain.

I wasnt attempting to complain. I never get an email notification about an update, just a little pop up saying theres a newer version. That is when I download the newest version. I never knew they actually released it in beta form before an official release.

I was just curious, thats all. No big deal....8)

Back