• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.1 beta

WOOT!!! WTFG!!!!

I'd like to hear a quick techy type blurb from James as to "what it was" and how did the "< >" stuff figgure into it all.

-W (just curious)

I know, that's what I read in the thread you linked to.

Oh. I was told this the Korean version of the protection, whatever that means. I was too busy to ask, "How do you know?"

I thought alpha-dvd was German? :confused:

Last edited:
Oh. I was told this the Korean version of the protection, whatever that means. I was too busy to ask, "How do you know?".

I thought alpha-dvd was German? :confused:

Not every evil protection is from germany. :D
But yes this new version of settec is quite similar to X-protect, but with nasty DRM.:mad:
Settec Alpha dvd is also mentioned sometimes in the anydvd changelog.

Last edited:
Yea, and it's a SUCKY protection as it corrupts the living hell out of the DVD structure to the point where HTPC's can't access the disc without a little help from AnyDVD. (ok, a LOT of help from AnyDVD. :D) This is the kind of stuff that should DEFINITELY not be allowed.

EDIT:

http://www.settec.com/eng/pro_alphadvd.htm

Look at Playability...what a load of crap. "falls within the DVD spec." Yea, how about NO...

Last edited:
How ironic the press release is titled:

<Press Release>

With the same brackets....

James will beat this

The "Master", James, will beat this protection.:agree: It sounds and looks like a tough one! I am sure that James like myself, Loves a Good Challenge!:D

I think..

Hollywood is Desperate!:doh:( Slysoft is ""Smarter" and always will be!:agree:)

One thing is sure

One thing is Sure, applies to about anything: If "Man" can make, or write it in the case of "protection", "Man" can break or fix it or undo it. If a disc is playable on a player, I think it can be backed up. James can undo anything another person has written. I am confident of this.:agree:

I just want to add my thanks and appreciation along with the many others! :clap:

Same here, even though this feels alot like post padding LOL.:)

Cheers to James and the Slysoft team (this doesn't get said enough).:clap::clap:

Blades of Glory

Wanted to thank James for the update. I have been trying to put this movie in my reserves and could not get it to work. Looked on Slysoft site for new update but there was not one. Then I came to the forums and seen that others had tried doing it and couldn't, then seen the update James put on. Worked great................thanks again.:clap:

One thing is Sure, applies to about anything: If "Man" can make, or write it in the case of "protection", "Man" can break or fix it or undo it. If a disc is playable on a player, I think it can be backed up. James can undo anything another person has written. I am confident of this.:agree:

I just hope he never moves to the U.S.....or Canada....or Great Britain....or...

Back