• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 virus?

So did you use any crack of any kind on your system or pirate anything?

I don't have any cracks or pirated software, I do have a P2P program on my computer though. I noticed that I started having problems after a Java update, that's the only thing that has changed on my system. I doubt that would have anything to do with it though.

Thanks for all of your help guys...I'll get it figured out eventually. I'm just kinda mad that I can't use something that I paid good money for!

(and DetroitBaseball...Tigers fan are you? Did you see that homer Maggs hit in the 10th?!??)

The problem has most likely introduced onto the PC from another source. Norton has been known to show a Registry item from AnyDVD as a Trojan but I have never heard of AVG showing as such. AVG is a very efficient and trustworthy software. I've used it for several yrs. and I install it on all of my retail builds.

I also have been using AVG for a long time. I have never had problems with it showing a false positive before, that's why this baffled me. I know there can't possibly be a virus in the AnyDVD software, so I just figured it must be a FP. But, clearly, from the searches I have done, and the posts that have been made in this thread, it is certainly a virus that is being detected.

I don't have any cracks or pirated software, I do have a P2P program on my computer though. I noticed that I started having problems after a Java update, that's the only thing that has changed on my system. I doubt that would have anything to do with it though.

Thanks for all of your help guys...I'll get it figured out eventually. I'm just kinda mad that I can't use something that I paid good money for!

(and DetroitBaseball...Tigers fan are you? Did you see that homer Maggs hit in the 10th?!??)
I am a Tiger fan. I was glad to see he got it because in the bottom of the 10th when the Indians were threatening. He's hitting like .360.

I got hit with this as well, same trojan reading, but AVG took out AdAware instead of AnyDVD. A little googling turned up quite a few reports of false positives.

Don't know why it chose AdAware over AnyDVD it just did and some people with Comcast had the email checker going nuts.

I had to uninstall AdAware but by the next update Grisoft had fixed whatever it had done wrong and AdAware installed and ran with no problem.:)

Back