• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.6.5

If there would be a problem on disk drive recognition, why wouldn't somebody send an error report to microsoft? It's free.

Chances are microsoft will send your computer a fix without you knowing it.

This reminds me of the problem I had with the old Easy Cd Creator. When I switched to the xp program, the cd drives wouldn't work after a while. It wouldn't even eject the tray from the keyboard control. Roxio put up an update for the hp cd-writer to fix this. But eventually they changed to something else.

So perhaps this disk drive recognition can be solved by a firmware or software update from somewhere. :agree:

P.S.---I don't really need to backup my blu-ray discs, and I don't use Vista.:p
And hey! Why not try running the Vista Upgrade Advisor again. It should still be in your files.

Record Now glitz...

I would have done it this way. In truth I am already doing it this way.
Backing up with Recode 2 is no problem. but it is a tad slower than Record Now 6.7. Both are provided free with the hardware. So I use Record Now.

I use one internal writer and one external writer.
I have one external hdd, both are on usb.

I encode on a file first and drop it on the external hdd. Then I backup these files from external hdd to internal writer. (Recode 2 needs the external hdd for temporary files only).

1. Analyze, decrypt, encode the dvd movie using AnyDvd, etc. and drop the video_ts to external hard drive.

2. Eject tray manually on one of the dvd writers and drop a blank disc. Don't close the tray.

3. Open up Record Now program and click on "data", new window opens on "Add files", now close the tray and wait until the writer led stops blinking.

4. When the led stops blinking, type volume title and click "Add files". New window opens up and you can browse and click on the encoded movie.

5. New window opens up to display "Audio_ts" and "video_ts.
Point the cursor to video_ts to highlight it and click "add". Right bottom circle turns red.

6. Click on the red circle to start writing. After writing, the tray ejects and dialogue asks if you want to make another.

7. If you do want to make another copy, don't click on "make another" because any and all the blank discs you will insert afterwards will only be spit out with a note that the disc is not blank and asks you to put on another blank disk.
Your pc may hang up if you do something else.

8. To make another copy, click "done" and redo completely the procedure starting from step 3, inluding the browsing part.

So the problem/s arise on making the second disk.
AnyDvd should not be at fault. Remember that the program works on the fly, and as such, it will not have the means to backtrack on the data it has worked on, and will have to rescan. Therefore, if we want a second disk, just do the same procedure again.

This is my experience. I don't work for Slysoft. Slysoft works for my AnyDvd.

What seems to be the conflict between AnyDvd and removable disk drives has become deafening. It appears everybody is complaining about the software.

I do not have problems with AnyDvd and it has afforded me a smoother backup process for my discs. I breeze through the movies, even those that are considered to be problematic, using AnyDvd.

But perhaps this is because I use xp pro, and I stopped accepting updates from Windows.

I refused to get the Vista when the Upgrade Advisor required me to get rid of some third party programs namely the video editing programs.

What I am trying to tell you may just be a figment of my imagination.

But I repeat---I don't have any problem with AnyDvd.

It has always been tailored to solve video editing problems as they come out.

8):agree:

Well it's great you're not having problems with the latest version, there are many like you and that's also great.

I totally agree this software is normally excellent. Heck I'd consider it essential.

Unfortunately a good many people ARE having what amounts to a really serious issue with this version making it in effect unusable. And that's not a good thing.

The really perplexing thing is why it's happening only with this latest version, and why it's not consistently happening across the board regardless of the same software installed, windows version, etc.

Hopefully brighter light bulbs than ourselves (the programmers) will figure out why it's occuring and come up with a fix soon.

A very small number, actually . . .
That's possible, but I wouldn't be so sure...

I'd suspect the number of people having the issue is quite a bit larger than the number of people who take the time to actually get on the forums and post about it.

What's the old saying? For every letter you get, there's a hundred people out there who haven't written you.

But I'll freely admit it may be a relatively small percentage of the total userbase. And there's certainly no blaming SlySoft for wanting to downplay the issue as well.

That's possible, but I wouldn't be so sure...

I'd suspect the number of people having the issue is quite a bit larger than the number of people who take the time to actually get on the forums and post about it.

It's far more likely people post to complain about issues (or make stuff up and troll) rather than post to praise the product. There are thousands of anydvd users, and thousands of people registered in these forums.

I can't reproduce this issue on my systems nor several of my friends systems. And I've tried real hard to. That's over 12 computers.

Oh I agree that far more will complain rather than come and praise the product, but those who post anything on forums are inevitably a small percentage of those who use the software.

I used to play an MMO and many in my group (over 50 people) were unhappy with a large update the company pushed into the game, but I was pretty much the only one to say anything on the forums as I was already a frequent poster there (with mostly positive posts too). Everyone else was upset too, but they just groused about it in game or in voice chat, not on the official forums.

One piece of info that occurs to me...

Just as a test, I reinstalled 6.1.6.4 and noted the ElbyCDIO.dll version is still 6.0.5.9, the same as 6.1.6.1. But as I recall, with AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 the version of the dll changed to 6.0.6.0. If admittedly nothing particularly changed in AnyDVD from 6.1.6.4 to 5, perhaps the issue is steming from some change in the ElbyCDIO driver...

I'm tempted to back up the ElbyCDIO.dll and sys files, install 6.1.6.5, then rewrite the ElbyCDIO files from the backups and see if the problem recurs.

Last edited:
Just as a test, I reinstalled 6.1.6.4 and noted the ElbyCDIO.dll version is still 6.0.5.9, the same as 6.1.6.1. But as I recall, with AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 the version of the dll changed to 6.0.6.0. If admittedly nothing particularly changed in AnyDVD from 6.1.6.4 to 5, perhaps the issue is steming from some change in the ElbyCDIO driver...

I'm at a complete loss as to why you're experiencing this issue, sorry. I'm not aware of any significant difference between Anydvd 6.1.6.4 and Anydvd 6.1.6.5, as far as regular dvds go. ElbyCDIO.dll is a file that is often modified by cracks, which can cause problems.

Have you tried contacting Slysoft? http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

I'm tempted to back up the ElbyCDIO.dll and sys files, install 6.1.6.5, then rewrite the ElbyCDIO files from the backups and see if the problem recurs.

Did you reinstall 6.1.6.4 via a system restore?

I would use the version that works if I were you. It is not compulsory that you accept 6.1.6.5, I hope.
Oh, I do not use clonedvd.

Maybe we'll have the 6.1.6.6 that will solve these problems.

Last edited:
BTW, is there such a thing as "copy once" copyright protection?

What is it?:doh:

Did you reinstall 6.1.6.4 via a system restore?

I would use the version that works if I were you. It is not compulsory that you accept 6.1.6.5, I hope.
Oh, I do not use clonedvd.

Maybe we'll have the 6.1.6.6 that will solve these problems.

Actually no, as I was running 6.1.6.1 at the time, I just installed the new version without any uninstallation/restore. Worked just fine.

Haven't actually tried my little experiment yet though.

And yes, hopefully we'll see a 6.1.6.6 soon. If it IS related to the updated ElbyCDIO files (version 6.0.6.0 up from 6.0.5.9), hopefully 6.1.6.6 will fix the problem. I seem to recall a problem with ElbyCDIO crept up in some prior version of AnyDVD a year or two back before it was solved a few revisions later, so such a situation would not be unprecedented I'd say.

With every update there seems to be some people that have problems.:confused:

I am also having the same problem.

Fresh Windows XP Pro install. All updates.
Anydvd 6.1.6.5
With the anydvd filter in the reg it will only find ANY disk being a cd or DVD in the drive after a reboot. Once that cd or dvd is removed windows will not find any other disks unless you reboot. Only in version 6.1.6.5. What could be the problem.

Installed programs.
AVG antivirus pro and AVG antispyware.

I tryed everything and with the anydvd filter in the reg it will not work. With it removed it will work 100% like it should. Soon as new 6.1.6.5 is reinstalled it locks the drive up again after the first disk!

Umm.. guys... is the problems still there? Version 6.1.6.6 and 6.1.6.7 have been released.

I'm am scared to test them as 6.1.6.0 is working great and 6.1.6.5 failed.

Please post your results here, thanks. :bowdown:

i'm having problems with the latest version of anydvd 6.1.6.7-i installed it and now i dont have a dvd drive.so i re-installed 6.1.6.5 and hey presto,it's back!

Last edited:
i'm having problems with the latest version of anydvd 6.1.6.7-i installed it and now i dont have a dvd drive.so i re-installed 6.1.6.5 and hey presto,it's back!

As we've discussed previously, that may have something to do with your filters (other programs conflicting). But James noted there is an issue with the current Anydvd and Clonedvd, so you might want to wait for an update before fiddling around.

Last edited:
As we've discussed previously, that may have something to do with your filters (other programs conflicting). But James noted there is an issue with the current Anydvd and Clonedvd, so you might want to wait for an update before fiddling around.
apart from installing anydvd6167,no other 'conflicting programs' have been installed.if you could have a shufty at these filters and let me know if anything is amiss.many thanks.
ps these filters are after i have gone back to anydvd6165

Filter Check Tool v3.4

An Upper Filter found is: GEARAspiWDM
Filterdriver properties are:

An Upper Filter found is: Cdralw2k

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.5
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20

these are the results with another filter checking progam:
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com
----------------------------------------------------

Upper Class Filter: Cdralw2k
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082N
Lower Class Filter: Cdr4_xp
Lower Class Filter: pfc
Lower Class Filter: iomdisk
Lower Class Filter: ASAPIW2k
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Driver Name: cdralw2k.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
File Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
File Version: 8.0.0.212 [8.0.0.212]
Product Name: Drag-to-Disc
Product Version: 8.0.0.212 [8.0.0.212]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions

Driver Name: gearaspiwdm.sys
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
File Version: 2.0.6.1 [2.0.6.1]
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.

Driver Name: redbook.sys
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 ) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Driver Name: cdr4_xp.sys
File Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

Driver Name: pfc.sys
File Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
File Version: 2, 5, 0, 204 [2.5.0.204]
Product Name: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Version: 2, 5, 0, 204 [2.5.0.204]
Company Name: Padus, Inc.

Driver Name: iomdisk.sys
File Description: Iomega Disk Filter Driver
File Version: 2,0,4,3 [2.0.4.3]
Product Name: Iomega Disk Filter Driver
Product Version: 2,0,4,3 [5.0.1636.1]
Company Name: Iomega Corporation

Driver Name: asapiw2k.sys
File Description: ASAPI
File Version: 6, 0, 0, 1 [6.0.0.1]
Product Name: asapi
Product Version: 6, 0, 0, 1 [6.0.0.1]
Company Name: VOB Computersysteme GmbH

Driver Name: elbycdfl.sys
File Description: ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Product Name: CloneCD
Product Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

Driver Name: pxhelp20.sys
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
File Version: 3.00.56a [3.0.56.0]
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]

Driver Name: anydvd.sys
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
File Version: 6.1.6.5 [6.1.6.5]
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.6.5 [6.1.6.5]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

Driver Name: elbydelay.sys
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG

Driver Name: imapi.sys
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 ) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Last edited:
Driver Name: cdralw2k.sys
File Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

Uninstall Drag-to-Disc, which is packet writing software.

Driver Name: cdr4_xp.sys
File Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

If you want that type of functionality, invest in dvd-ram instead (which is more secure).

I'm not sure if the iomega disk driver would cause issues. Right now, I'd leave that alone.

But the Sonic Solutions Drag-to-Disc software has got to go.

If you want that type of functionality, invest in dvd-ram instead (which is more secure).
I'm not sure if the iomega disk driver would cause issues. Right now, I'd leave that alone.
But the Sonic Solutions Drag-to-Disc software has got to go.
thanks for the reply.you mentioned getting rid of sonic solutions drag to disc before:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=30841&postcount=19
i dont have it installed so not sure why it is showing up on the filters:confused:
a dvd-ram drive was pre-installed on my laptop when it was bought.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.you mentioned getting rid of sonic solutions drag to disc before:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=30841&postcount=19
i dont have it installed so not sure why it is showing up on the filters:confused:
a dvd-ram drive was pre-installed on my laptop when it was bought.

1. Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

2. Run imgburn. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

3. Select cdralw2k.sys. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".

4. Select Cdr4_xp. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

5. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

Please keep in mind that whatever programs installed those filters will no longer function properly.

At the very least, cdr4_xp needs to go.

Back