• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.5.3 beta

I tried a different player and got these results:

Using Nero Showtime ver. 3.1.0.25:

AnyDVD 6143 and CloneDVD2 2903 - Hangs at 4:40
AnyDVD 6151 and CloneDVD2 2903 - Hangs at 4:40
AnyDVD 6143 - Hangs at 4:40
AnyDVD 6151 - Hangs at 4:40

Here is the Drive Summary:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.4.3)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H652D GA01 0713
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2010480 sectors (3926 MBytes)
Total size: 4003355 sectors (7819 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DEJA_VU_US_16X9
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Carolina Mike, what playback software and version are you using, please?

I just tried the *original DVD* with Nero Showtime and it hangs at 4:42! This is a Nero Showtime problem, not AnyDVD.

I was finally able to produce the looping using Windows Media Player 11. I'm going to test the rips now.

Last edited:
Results using Windows Media Player 11:

AnyDVD 6136 - No Looping
AnyDVD 6143 - Looping 4:10-4:21
AnyDVD 6151 - Looping 4:10-4:16
AnyDVD 6143, CloneDVD2 2903 - No Looping
AnyDVD 6151, CloneDVD2 2903 - No Looping
AnyDVD 6143, CloneDVD2 2906 - Looping 4:32 - 4:52
AnyDVD 6151, CloneDVD2 2906 - Looping 4:32 - 4:53

Last edited:
Webslinger,
I used PowerDVD 6.0 and VLC and WMP

Tried playing the files using WMP. Used AnyDVD 6.1.5.1 and Clone 2.9.0.6. No looping but all that was playing was Title 2 ( which is the Directors Cut) and when I tried to get it to play Title 1 it would not let me go to the Root Directory.

Deleted Clone 2.9.0.6, Cleaned out the registry and re-loaded Clone 2.9.0.3 and ripped the DVD to HD w/ the assist of AnyDVD 6.1.5.1 and now it plays fine and the root directory can be utilized.

Verified the Above also using VLC 0.8.6a and PowerDVD 6.0

Then re-ripped the DVD to HD using a 3rd party ripper using (James's Slysoft method that he came up w/ 1 year ago). I let AnyDVD 6.1.5.1 be the decrypter and the other program the ripper and I did not use any 3rd party programs to correct the DVD Structure. The playing of the files on the HD was OK and everything worked in all 3 of the above DVD Playing programs as it should.

I am now re-ripping the DVD to the HD using AnyDVD 6.1.5.1 to see how that plays

Well, I don't know whether this Deja Vu issue is a software player issue or if there's a problem with Anydvd ripper. Could anyone try compressing/burning the the full disc rip made by Anydvd ripper 6.1.5.1 in dvdshrink, and then test the backup in a standalone dvd player to see if it loops?

If it does, the issue is Anydvd ripper.

Already did it. Played it on my dvd player and computer(WinDVD) it plays perfectly no looping at all. AnyDvd , Dvd Shrink and ImgBurn.

Last edited:
Already did it. Played it on my dvd player and computer(WinDVD) it plays perfectly no looping at all. AnyDvd , Dvd Shrink and ImgBurn.

1) Did you use Anydvd 6.1.5.1?
2) Did you use "rip video dvd to harddisk"?
3) Did you then import that rip into Shrink?

Don't you folks think it's a little weird that the only software player playing the Deja Vu Anydvd 6.1.5.1 rip properly is Powerdvd Ultra 7.3?

Last edited:
I was able to backup Deja Vu. But, I had to do it manually. I did it by un-checking the first file listed and check the second file. The first file is the largest, it's directors comments version.

I always set mine up with no menu or extras just the movie.

Yes to all three. I played it on my computer with Intervideo(WinDVD) and it plays perfect.

I was able to backup Deja Vu. But, I had to do it manually. I did it by un-checking the first file listed and check the second file. The first file is the largest, it's directors comments version.

I always set mine up with no menu or extras just the movie.

Yeah, this issue concerns itself with a full disc backup with Anydvd ripper. James wants to ensure Anydvd ripper is working properly.

Yes to all three. I played it on my computer with Intervideo(WinDVD) and it plays perfect.

O.k, how about on a standalone dvd player?

And did you do a full disc backup (full menus, extras, etc.)?

I did a full Disc backup. Menus, extras, everything.

O.k., thank you.

Well, here's the summary as far as I can tell:

1. Deja Vu with Anydvd 6.1.5.1 ripper + Shrink = no problems

2. Deja Vu with Anydvd 6.1.5.1 ripper + almost all software players except Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra (and possibly whatever version of Windvd sneakers is using) = looping (or hanging)

3. Original disc + all software players = no looping

I have no idea what James will think.

Just for fun, can someone who has access to FixVTS try something for me? :) Use the AnyDVD ripper in 6.1.5.1, rip the disc to the hard drive, and run a full disc FixVTS process in place. Then try playing it with a player that loops. I'm just curious if that'd work and I don't own that title.

O.k., thank you.

Well, here's the summary as far as I can tell:

1. Deja Vu with Anydvd 6.1.5.1 ripper + Shrink = no problems

2. Deja Vu with Anydvd 6.1.5.1 ripper + almost all software players except Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra (and possibly whatever version of Windvd sneakers is using) = looping (or hanging)

3. Original disc + all software players = no looping

I have no idea what James will think.

I think I have enough information to fix this problem. Update is on the way...
Thanks to all who helped!!!!

Just for fun, can someone who has access to FixVTS try something for me? :) Use the AnyDVD ripper in 6.1.5.1, rip the disc to the hard drive, and run a full disc FixVTS process in place. Then try playing it with a player that loops. I'm just curious if that'd work and I don't own that title.

Tried that and it does remove the loop but in removing the loop it also removes the Ferry blowing up

Tried that and it does remove the loop but in removing the loop it also removes the Ferry blowing up

Thanks for trying it. Seems like James will have it fixed shortly. I was just wondering what would happen.

Back