AnyDVD 6.1.4.1 beta

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by James, May 2, 2007.

1. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I do. I told him even if he doesn't have that any info in the event viewer might be useful, too. It could provide an offset of where the crash happened which might give you some clue. I hate debugging this kind of irritating issue...especially when you can't repro it.

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

5. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

The Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Which, if you view details will give you the same info that's in the event viewer. That's what I told him to try and post so we'll see what he comes up with.

6. James

Forget this modern crap. I want the Doctor back! :D

7. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

The info in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel has SOME information in it, but, not as much as Dr Watson. And no, I don't think Dr Watson will work on Vista...they changed the whole error reporting structure.

8. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I agree....it's pretty freaking USELESS IMO.

9. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

For instance, and this has nothing to do with any Slysoft product so this is entirely off topic but I thought it might be important, this is a typical Problems and Solutions diagnostic message:

Spectacular...

10. James

Not neccessarily. You can always specify a default debugger (be it Visual Studio, Borland or ... the Doctor).
    XP has this "An error has occured, tell Microsoft about it, search for a solution ..." crap as the default as well. You had to install the Doctor as the default debugger (drwtsn32 -i) as well.
    It probably won't run with UAC enabled (which IMHO is a very stupid thing in the first place, if you want security, create a non-admin user account).

11. James

... NOT! :doh:

12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

NO ONE I know uses UAC. And you let me know how that goes if you try to install it on Vista. I personally use Visual Studio as my debugger. :D The perks of having an MSDN subscription. :)

13. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Yea, I know. What a joke.

14. waxman

waxman Guest

Are you kidding me??? Trying to rip it back to the DVD drive, now that is awesome!!!!!:D

15. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

That is truly a monumental "Oops!". ;) I've been known to do similar things myself. Thankfully I usually figure out my problem before anyone else finds out so no one gets a chance to make fun of me. :D

16. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

Well done slysoft, I can't wait for software to get out of beta version

17. James

Don't let this stop you to try the beta. IMHO it is running very stable.

18. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

It's beta?? Oh yea, I forgot. :D

19. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Uhhhhhh, James?! Do you want to explain to me exactly how it is I'm able to process Happily N'Ever After directly off the disc....with Recode?! That's not supposed to work! It's ARccOS protected!! I'm....amazed and HIGHLY impressed. (Yes, I'm just playing around but thought I'd give this a shot...I expected it to fail miserably.)

20. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Many of the newer Sony, arccos protected releases could be imported directly into (recent versions of) Recode with Anydvd running in the background. Shrink, however, always had issues with these titles.