• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.3.3 Released

Agreed but I'm not getting any balloon whether it's enabled or not. :confused: That's buggy.

Works for me. The balloon appears over the fox icon in your toolbar.
The setting is found under "program settings" in Anydvd. Ensure it's checked.

Works for me. The balloon appears over the fox icon in your toolbar.
The setting is found under "program settings" in Anydvd. Ensure it's checked.

I have. I've checked and unchecked it numerous times. Rebooted. Etc. No balloon tip.

Teh ballon tip does only appear, when you insert a dvd or when there is a new version.

Hi sheep
When You insert a DVD!
Also when comes a new update!
The setting is found under "program settings" in Anydvd

What OS are you using?

Windows XP Pro SP2 fully updated.

This is actually the first problem I've ever had with any version of AnyDVD. It's not critical but if it's not working for me I'd love to know why.

Working fine for me.

Running XP SP2 as well.

One effect this forum is having, at least on me, is that I am now VERY nervous when updating this program. It never use to be that way, I have used AnyDVD for well over a year and have never had a problem with function of the program, my computer, or installing any updates.

After reading this forum though, I hold my breath every time there is a new update. There is definately a level of anxiety involved now.

Why are there so many problems for certain people and not for others? I keep waiting for my turn.

Well, I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and tried inserting a disc again. No balloon. I'm at a loss.

Curiously I saw the post below on CD Freaks: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1735063&postcount=10.

goober22 said:
This is only up for about 1 second for me. Not enough time to see what it says! Maybe needs a longer delay (5 sec) or a configurable setting.

It's not exactly the same but maybe I'm never seeing it because for whatever reason it's appearing and disappearing so fast I don't? I mean I'm looking at the screen looking for the balloon and seeing nothing.

It might also help if I even knew what the balloon looked like.

Last edited:
Well, I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and tried inserting a disc again. No balloon. I'm at a loss.

Curiously I saw the post below on CD Freaks: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1735063&postcount=10.

It's not exactly the same but maybe I'm never seeing it because for whatever reason it's appearing and disappearing so fast I don't? I mean I'm looking at the screen looking for the balloon and seeing nothing.

It might also help if I even knew what the balloon looked like.
It looks like any tray icon balloon. You have the tray icon enabled? It is visible and not hidden?

Hi, I still get the color change with the balloon too !!! Great Idea !! :clap:

maybe you have balloon tips disabled through something like a registry entry etc, thats what i have cause there annoying

maybe you have balloon tips disabled through something like a registry entry etc, thats what i have cause there annoying

And we have a winner!

Yeah, I had balloons turned off in XP but I think this is the first time a program has ever followed those rules. Shocking.

To fix the problem I used TweakUI | Taskbar and Start Menu | check Enable Balloon tips.

Thanks for the help. :)

glad to be of service :D

this is what i use

start-run-regedit-hkey_current_user-software-microsoft-windows-currentversion-explorer-advanced
EDIT-new dwordvalue (name as EnableBalloonTips) & set value as 0, to enable again change it to a 1

Last edited:

this is what i use

start-run-regedit-hkey_current_user-software-microsoft-windows-currentversion-explorer-advanced
EDIT-new dwordvalue (name as EnableBalloonTips) & set value as 0, to enable again change it to a 1
Thanks bj :)

this is what i use

I used TweakUI because I forgot where that was even located in the registry. It's been ages since I fiddled with those parts of the registry. Each day it seems like I forget more and more. ;)

Thanks again! :)

I used TweakUI because I forgot where that was even located in the registry. It's been ages since I fiddled with those parts of the registry. Each day it seems like I forget more and more. ;)

Thanks again! :)
Your really not missing anything with the balloon tips. It just pop ups and say's AnyDVD is working on the disc or something like that. There may be more tips but so far that's all i've seen.

Last edited:
i can't take the credit, i've a PC magazine that got hints & tips in it, that i've kept, just for this :D

Back