• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.3.3 corrupts from time to time

Vista

Hi,

I read your post. I just installed Windows Vista and tried playing a DVD movie but got an error message saying Windows Media player wasn't compatible. What player can you use that will work in Vista plus using AnyDVD?

Corrupt message received again tonight, did not uninstall or reinstall program. I did the MD5 check right after the error message and this is what I get:
EBB44F92B490B7C4923DB21910C27F2F. Any further troubleshooting I can take?

Update: Rebooting fixed the problem. I'm going to try turning off Autostart so I can launch Anydvd on demand. Perhaps I have a timing issue where the DVD drives are not spun up yet, so Anydvd thinks I have no DVD drives and therefore throws me that message?

Here are some basic things to check:

1. Describe your hardware configuration.
- Motherboard + BIOS version
- Chipset drivers installed? (Intel INF, VIA 4in1, etc.)
- Are you overclocking?...If so, stop doing it.

2. Download Memtest86+ and run it to check your memory to make sure you don't have any bad DIMM's. Make sure you do at least one full pass, but I'd recommend 2+ passes just in case. You can make a bootable floppy, CD or USB-stick.

This error also happen if you have a cracked program or a ilegal key.

Ya made me chuckle. No, this is not a cracked copy:

SlySoft order number: xxxxxx
xxxxx

If it was a cracked copy, the MD5 hash would likely not be what I posted.

What do you say MD5 guy: :disagree: . OK, good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I read your post. I just installed Windows Vista and tried playing a DVD movie but got an error message saying Windows Media player wasn't compatible. What player can you use that will work in Vista plus using AnyDVD?

Actually, the built-in Windows Media Player works fine for me, but I mainly use PowerDVD 7 in Vista to watch movies. Try loading the Vista Codec Package 4.3.5 and then see if it works. I either loaded that or the K-lite codec pack (also free) to get it to work.

Here are some basic things to check:

1. Describe your hardware configuration.
- Motherboard + BIOS version
- Chipset drivers installed? (Intel INF, VIA 4in1, etc.)
- Are you overclocking?...If so, stop doing it.

Motherboard Name Asus P4S800D-X
Motherboard ID 63-0501-009999-00101111-090705-SIS655FX$A0149001_BIOS DATE: 09/07/05 17:04:08 VER: 08.00.09

Chipset drivers are installed, Vista installed the stock ones when I did the clean install. They are SiS based.

Not overclocking. :disagree:

2. Download Memtest86+ and run it to check your memory to make sure you don't have any bad DIMM's. Make sure you do at least one full pass, but I'd recommend 2+ passes just in case. You can make a bootable floppy, CD or USB-stick.

Vista now comes with a memory tester, I'll give it a shot.

Update: passes all memory tests

Last edited:
Back