• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.3.2 released

Every PC that I build, for myself or a customer, has Autostart disabled in every piece of software that is installed.

Every PC that I build, for myself or a customer, has Autostart disabled in every piece of software that is installed.

Including firewalls and antivirus programs?

Due to blocking malicious rootkit nonsense that wants to install with autorun enabled, I consider Anydvd part of my protection software (I could hold down the shift key, I suppose, but I'm glad Anydvd is working in case I forget to; or I could completely disable autorun for my drives, but there are times when I do want autoplay/run enabled, and I just exit Anydvd is such instances). This also holds true for protected music cds forcing installations of bad software. Firewall, antivirus, and Anydvd are the only programs I have loading at startup.

Last edited:
I don't build them with anti-virus. I've only gotten 1 trojan in the last 10 years and it was MY fault. I don't open attachments I didn't ask for, and I don't download software unless I know and trust the site. And being stuck with a dial-up here on the lake, makes me far less likely to get infiltrated.

I'm like Joe in this regard. My machines boot into Windows.. and that's it.
My desktops are mostly clean and my most favored items have a quick-launch on the taskbar. This one here has only my recyle bin, phone list, and Mercury parts catalog on the desktop.

-W

-W

I don't build them with anti-virus. I've only gotten 1 trojan in the last 10 years and it was MY fault.

I have to deal with other people's discs all the time (document files, programming, etc.). I consider not running antivirus software a security risk.

I don't open attachments I didn't ask for, and I don't download software unless I know and trust the site.

Neither do I

And being stuck with a dial-up here on the lake, makes me far less likely to get infiltrated.

It's still possible (just less likely). Lots of script kiddies out there . . .

I'm on a 6 mbps broadband connection at home.

Regardless, the point is everyone has the potential to shove a disc that will install the Sony rootkit, Alpha-disc rootkit protection, and other obnoxious stuff on your system without asking for your permission. With Anydvd running in the background, the Sony rookit junk is blocked automatically. This malicious coding has nothing to do with downloading anything or being hacked. It's just a matter of putting in the wrong commercial music cd (or dvd-video) in your system without knowing what you're doing.

Last edited:
Back