• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDvd 6.1.3.0

File details...

Perhaps it would be useful to check the installer against the following details:

name: SetupAnyDVD6130.exe
size: 1433608 bytes
crc32: 3C0E5E48
md5sum: e46971914b62a1346deea4cb5219b1f0

Also, downloading it with the DL-manager could avoid eventual browser cache problems...

Regards.

Perhaps it would be useful to check the installer against the following details:

name: SetupAnyDVD6130.exe
size: 1433608 bytes
crc32: 3C0E5E48
md5sum: e46971914b62a1346deea4cb5219b1f0

Also, downloading it with the DL-manager could avoid eventual browser cache problems...

Regards.
The installer is signed, so it should be very easy to check if it has been modified. Before the install it shows the version it is going to install, so you can check if you have the correct version.

Well done Slysoft. I was looking foward to it.. supporting blu ray

Tried 6.1.3.0 today with X-Men III (Region A). PDVD displays the very first copyright warning screen for less than a second, crashes, and wipes itself out of PC's memory completely. In settings, I had enabled "Remove region coding" and selected Region A.

Tried 6.1.3.0 today with X-Men III (Region A). PDVD displays the very first copyright warning screen for less than a second, crashes, and wipes itself out of PC's memory completely. In settings, I had enabled "Remove region coding" and selected Region A.
Can you try it again with region coding removal disabled?

Can you try it again with region coding removal disabled?
I'd have to change the region for PDVD. Do you know if the "remaining changes" applies to the drive as well, or is it PDVD only? When I run out of region changes, can I just uninstall & re-install PDVD to get 5 more changes?

I'd have to change the region for PDVD. Do you know if the "remaining changes" applies to the drive as well, or is it PDVD only? When I run out of region changes, can I just uninstall & re-install PDVD to get 5 more changes?
I see. No, you can't just uninstall PDVD, the region counter will not be reset.

So the "remaining changes" is actually in the drive hardware?

I see several possibilities here:
1) Region counter is stored inside the drive and is the same for all player software. I think this is unlikely because I saw a post saying that when you change region in WinDVD, it does not affect the number of remaining changes in PowerDVD.
2) Region counter is managed by the drive and is different for different players. In this case a player should have the ability to set different region for each installed drive (Which does not seem to be the case).
3) Region counter is managed by player software only. Then it is probably stored somewhere inside Windows (most likely Registry). When you uninstall the software, they keep that setting intact and reuse if you reinstall it. But in this case the counter is reset if you reinstall Windows and also can be different for the same player in each Windows copy installed on the same machine.

From what I have read so far, I think 3) is most likely the case.

I'm also a bit scared to experiment with it, but eventually I will probably do it.

I have XP and Vista installed on my laptop, and PowerDVD installed in both. This evening I will try to change region setting in PowerDVD in Vista and see whether this will affect the number of remaining changes in XP.

I have XP and Vista installed on my laptop, and PowerDVD installed in both. This evening I will try to change region setting in PowerDVD in Vista and see whether this will affect the number of remaining changes in XP.

I have powerdvd and windvd bd on the same system (win xp) and changing a region in powerdvd does not affect windvd. You can have windvd in region A and powerdvd in region B.

Anyone brave enough to try a registry and file watching program while changing the region? :) Maybe it's a stored value somewhere....maybe.

HELLO, EVERYONE,,,
its been along time since ive used/tried anyDVD,,since the first days of the dvd pc ...

anywho: Ive just Upgraded to Vista x64...
ive been trying to installed anydvd HD 6.1.3 all day with no luck..
it seems to hang at the end of install, if/when i click the close button once install is comlete....
So i then need to restart PC,..but once i get to the Windows Login screen it Hangs the system again..
If i disable anyDVD at Startup with MSconfig, i can then bootup fine....

i have tried everything...any ideas/help would be excellent..
using the trial version, untill i can get this resolved for purchase.

sys: C2De6400,P5WDH,2gRam,AIWx1900 v7.2,Realtek 88M v1.61,Vistax64

thanks for fast reply, man i newbed myself in the Slysoft Forum login...couldn't get in for hours...lol..

anyway, yah, i read this thread earlier in my trials, but i already had UAC disabled,.i went up & down this forum and others looking for people with this problem, ...
like i was saying, anydvd hangs at the end of it's install...the only way around this is to just restart the pc without clicking close/finish...if i click close it hangs...when pc reboots it hangs @ Auto login

ive even made another account to stop auto login + turned off auto login. to try the harddrive downspinning trick..

6.1.2.o = doesnt crash, but cannot find drives (error cannot detect, please reboot)
6.1.2.5 = same as above

6.1.2.8 = hangs when finished installing

6.1.3.0 = hangs

it seems when x64 I/O kernal was changed in 2.8,(reading chanje log) this is what's causing the hangup.
or maybe the drivers installing are bugging up some how...hmmm

,these were all the versions i tried today before, i got here...(6.1.3.0 was my first try)

now im wondering, is there a crash report/log i can post......
(il feel real dumb if you tell me HDDVD does not work with trial versions..lol)

again, thanks for your help

Last edited:

As I expected, changing Blu-ray region setting in PowerDVD in Vista had absolutely no effect on PowerDVD in XP. I even found where PowerDVD stores region settings and how to reset them, but I'm not sure whether forum rules allow me to tell my findings here.

So it is now 100% certain, that Blu-ray regions only exist on application level. "Blu-ray drive region" is completely out of the equation, because it does not exist.

Based on my experiments, I come up with a theory on how Blu-ray regions work. Here it is:

Blu-ray region settings on a disc are not flags indicating players configured for which regions are allowed to play the disc. They are rather rules telling the player what it should play if it relates to a given region. Rules are checked at the beginning of the playback. These rules are specified for players of each region, and the player does not know in advance what it will get if it follows rules for its region. If it is lucky, it will get a main movie. If not - a short clip saying that the player has a wrong region to play the movie.

What AnyDVD probably does when you opt to remove Blu-ray region coding and select a preferred region - it changes those rules for two other regions making them the same as the rules for the region you selected. Thus even players with 'wrong' region will get the same content as those with the 'right' one. All this is accomplished by altering a few bytes in MovieObject.bdmv file (so I assume these rules are not even encrypted or something).

An analogy is this: You are a good driver who always follow the rules. You intend to reach some City, and you are approaching (actually, starting at) a crossroad with a road sign saying "Red cars must turn left, Blue and Green cars must turn right." You are driving a green car, so you turn right hoping to reach the City. But instead you get to a dead end with a sign saying "Sorry, only red cars can reach the City.". You might turn back, and go to the service and get your car painted in red (then you will be able to turn left at that crossroad), but you can (in theory) only do this trick 5 times. So instead you call your friend (Peer) in RTA and ask him to change the sign (it is an illuminated indicator board, so it can be changed remotely) so that it now says "All cars must turn left.". This way you reach the City.

But I still do not completely understand what Peer meant when he said (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=15654#post15654):

AnyDVD HD for now simply lets the title "think" that your player has the correct region code (quite a mind twister...). So the region code is not actually removed.
Though I'm already thinking about a way to really remove it.

If my theory is right, then what he does IS indeed removing a region code.

Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

Last edited:
now im wondering, is there a crash report/log i can post......
(il feel real dumb if you tell me HDDVD does not work with trial versions..lol)

again, thanks for your help

Sorry, I haven't reproduced the error. I would imagine something is blocking your installation. I also don't have Vista 64 bit edition. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling, but other than that I have no other suggestions.

HD-DVD will work with trial versions (you will, of course, need a HD-DVD drive).

Last edited:
As I expected, changing Blu-ray region setting in PowerDVD in Vista had absolutely no effect on PowerDVD in XP. I even found where PowerDVD stores region settings and how to reset them, but I'm not sure whether forum rules allow me to tell my findings here.
They allow it. Please tell us. :D

Intel Core 2 Duo processors

Aynone know if AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.0 is optimized for Core 2 Duo processors?

Aynone know if AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.0 is optimized for Core 2 Duo processors?

I don't know what you mean by "optimized"? Anydvd works fine on Core 2 Duo systems, and it barely uses any system resources.
If you're asking if the code uses more than one core at once . . . I fail to see why this would be an issue. It's not as though
Anydvd is doing anything that would require tons of processing.

Last edited:
They allow it. Please tell us. :D

OK. Actually PowerDVD manages this information differently in XP and Vista.

In XP, it is stored in registry here:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{631400EE-60DF-4014-8A01-67106E57BDA8}]
@=dword:00000002

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9CB23675-4229-4630-AFF6-3668BA6AF33E}]
@=dword:00000004

Under the first location it stores the region (1 - Region A, 2 - Region B, 4 - Region C).
The number of remaining changes is stored under the second location. Every time you change region in PowerDVD, this number is decremented by 1. You can just put there something like FFFF and forget about it.

By default, there are no values in both locations. PowerDVD interprets this as Region A and 5 remaining changes. When you change region for the first time, it puts values there.

In Vista, region information is stored in Alternate Data Stream (ADS) attached to the file "CLDShowX.ini" located in "C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\PowerDVD\". You can view the content of that stream using, for example, "ADSLocator.exe" utility. If you run out of the number of remaining changes, just delete that file. Next time you start PowerDVD, it will be recreated with default settings.

P.S.: BTW, another file in that folder, "001.FCL", also has quite large (23K) ADS attached to it. Maybe some important stuff in it?

Back