• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.2.9 beta

Ripping from ISO file

I have a PS3 and I have dumped "The prestige" to an ISO file. (dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/smb/drive/prestige.iso)

AnyDVD HD seems to correctly decrypt the content mounted with virtual clone drive but Power DBD 7.2 and VLC can't play back the content. Do I really need a blu-ray reader/writer in my PC for anydvd HD to work ?

Last edited:
Ripped a Region B Bluray today. Burned it to a BD-RE and play in Panasonic BD Player. All worked very successfully...:D

AnyDVD 6.1.2.9 & CloneDVD don't recognize Blu-Ray Movie

I have installed AnyDVD 6.1.2.9 and CloneDVD on Windows XP Professional. I have a Sony Blu-Ray drive installed. I can watch Blu-Ray Movies on my PC but if I try to rip the movie to a hard drive, CloneDVD does not recognize the Blu-Ray file format. What might I be doing wrong?
:(

I have installed AnyDVD 6.1.2.9 and CloneDVD on Windows XP Professional. I have a Sony Blu-Ray drive installed. I can watch Blu-Ray Movies on my PC but if I try to rip the movie to a hard drive, CloneDVD does not recognize the Blu-Ray file format. What might I be doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. While AnyDVD can, CloneDVD cannot be used with either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray at this point because the program hasn't been updated yet.

Compatibility with Players and Suggestions

Hello,

1. Is AnyDVD-HD compatible with players other than PowerDVD Ultra or will it be? In the fora of the FREE softwares VLC and KMPlayer I have already seen suggestions to add HD and Blu-Ray support. Will it be possible to make captures and screenshots from HDs and Blu-Rays? PowerDVD Ultra does not allow that , so can AnyDVD-HD do something to fool this blocking mechanism?

2. The Media Information and the AnyDVDRipper windows should offer an option to select the Default Region if a Region-DVD or a Region-Blu-Ray is inserted. Like that, you can watch/copy discs from different Regions after each other without having to "jump" between the AnyDVD main window, AnyDVDRipper, and the player software all the time.

3. As I have said several times already, to be complete, AnyDVDRipper should also be able to rip the content of protected Audio-CDs to harddisk. If you don't want to create a real "Rip Audio-CD to Harddisk" option (but why not if you have already created ripping options for DVDs, HDs, and Blu-Rays?), you could at least add an option that rips single tracks to harddisk. Media Player Classic ,e.g., can save .CDA files as .WAV files, so writing such an option should not be a big thing.

I hope you will find my suggestions useful and add them soon.
Many greetings :) ,

A Friend

Hello,

1. Is AnyDVD-HD compatible with players other than PowerDVD Ultra or will it be?
Sure. It already works with WinDVD HD & BD. As the amount of playback software is limited, it is a little difficult to test.

I guess I am confused. WoodSpire and authorhd are talking about ripping BD's. Am I reading this wrong?

Use the AnyDVD HD ripper. (Tray Icon, right mouse button)

Unfortunately, I found a problem. If I read a 50 GB Blu Ray, when the disc passes on the second layer, the reading stops.

PowerDVD Ultra don't crash but it's impossible to advance, the clock turns however. My burner is the LG GBW-H10N.

If I start the movie without any dvd, the movie is read without problem until the end.

I have this problem with "The Prestige" and "Flyboys". My others discs are single layer only and there is no problems.

Unfortunately, I found a problem. If I read a 50 GB Blu Ray, when the disc passes on the second layer, the reading stops.

PowerDVD Ultra don't crash but it's impossible to advance, the clock turns however. My burner is the LG GBW-H10N.

If I start the movie without any dvd, the movie is read without problem until the end.

I have this problem with "The Prestige" and "Flyboys". My others discs are single layer only and there is no problems.

Strange, I cannot reproduce this problem (LG GBW-H10N, Click & Kingdom of Heaven, PowerDVD 7.2).
What PowerDVD version do you use? How is the drive connected? IDE Busmaster drivers in use?
Anyone else having this problem?

Strange, I cannot reproduce this problem (LG GBW-H10N, Click & Kingdom of Heaven, PowerDVD 7.2).
What PowerDVD version do you use? How is the drive connected? IDE Busmaster drivers in use?
Anyone else having this problem?

I use Power DVD Ultra 7.2 and my drive is connected in Master IDE, I don't have any other internal drive connected.

I also own the X-Box 360 HD DVD Player.

I use Power DVD Ultra 7.2 and my drive is connected in Master IDE, I don't have any other internal drive connected.
What driver are you using? Mircosoft?

What driver are you using? Mircosoft?

My motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi/AP, also the IDE is the Jmicron. The graphic card is an Asus 7600GT HDCP & HDMI.

The version of PowerDVD Ultra I use is the first who was available around last Christmas.

Last edited:
F.Y.I.: How to get both versions working on one machine:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=800910

You don't need to do that. Cyberlink have just producted a version which runs both.

I completed a support form on their website asking how to get PowerDVD Ultra to use both types of drive and they sent me a link to download the new version. Unfortunately the link is password protected so I cannot post it here. You will need to contact support yourself with your own CD key.

Thank you SlySoft. I can now watch Blu-Ray movies on my supposedly HD Ready projector which did not have HDCP so until now I was having to use an analogue cable. Now it works a treat with the DVI-D cable!

My motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi/AP, also the IDE is the Jmicron. The graphic card is an Asus 7600GT HDCP & HDMI.
Are you using the driver from JMicron? If yes, replace it with the driver that comes with Windows.

Are you using the driver from JMicron? If yes, replace it with the driver that comes with Windows.

I just checked, the drivers are from Microsoft. I installed any dvd 6.1.3.0, the problem still remains.

It is not too bad for the moment, my system is hdcp but when I need Region free for reading region B
50 GB discs, perhaps it will be a problem.

If my problem is not unique, others peoples certainly will write on the forum… Perhaps it's better to wait...

Question about blu-ray

Can I use this new version to rip blu-ray discs to my HD, burn them to a BD-R, and then play them on my PS3?

If there is such a program to burn blu ray discs. But I think there isn't such a thing just yet.

I come back with my problems with 50 GB Blu Ray.

I received today "The Guardian" who is also a 50 GB disc and this one causes no troubles with Any DVD HD and Blu Ray support activated...

It would be good when you can test with "flyboys" and "the prestige" to see whether you have or not the same problem as me.

Back