Anydvd 6.1.2.1 beta

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Webslinger, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

source: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=9764&postcount=1

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVDhd6121.exe

Changes:
    - Added AnyDVD HD ripper
    - Some cosmetic changes
    - Added German translation

"If you want to test HD DVD decryption but you have bought AnyDVD (not running in demo mode) you have to remove your AnyDVD license key (easiest way to do so is to rename the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlysSoft\AnyDVD\Key to something else using regedit).

If you don't have a HD DVD drive you don't need to bother, of course."--James

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. samlar

samlar Active Member

Thanks loaded with no problem

3. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Any idea on when a stable of AnyDVD-HD will be released to the public?

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

6.1.2.1 is stable. :D

5. DetroitBaseball

Probably, but officially it is a beta.

6. James

Our betas tend to me more stable then many final releases I have seen from some companies... ;)

7. DetroitBaseball

I would believe that. Still, when will the first official stable version be released? And when is AnyDVD going to be taken down from the website and AnyDVD-HD added? And how will the upgrade service work for existing owners of AnyDVD?

8. James

AnyDVD will not be taken down, it will still be sold. I believe the official release will be in a few days.

9. DetroitBaseball

But AnyDVD will no longer be updated, correct? Only AnyHD-DVD will receive updates?

10. Webslinger

No. They are both the same program, essentially. Some updates may affect only only the HD portion. Somtimes updates will affect the regular Anydvd portion. Maybe some updates will affect the entire program. 6.1.2.0, mostly affected Anydvd. 6.1.2.1 mostly updates the HD version of the program.

11. DetroitBaseball

I know that the AnyDVD-HD will receive updates, some to do with DVD and HD-DVD. But James said they are still selling a stand-alone version of AnyDVD. So I was wondering if it would still be updated.

12. Webslinger

It will be. They are the exact same program. The only difference is whether you have an HD key or a regular Anydvd key. The key you have determines what features are available to you.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  13. DetroitBaseball

So you will still be able to buy a normal AnyDVD key and just be able to use the DVD decrpyting features? How will the upgrade process work for existing customers?

14. Webslinger

Yes

James only has one program to maintain and update. It's the same for everyone.

Just download the beta and install it. Then you will understand.

15. gus738

gus738 Well-Known Member

james i dont know where to ask but i would like to be a beta tester of any hd .... im capable and somewhat experice on computers and have stable and powerful pc and i got the 360 hd drive i also got my license key so i can remove my serial from regedit for the link on any hd , but one thing tho whats demo mode?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  16. KaosKameleon

KaosKameleon Member

I have a registered copy of AnyDVD and I'd like to try the beta... Can I install the beta version on top of my AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 version and the update again when the final version of 6.1.2.1 is released?

17. DetroitBaseball

AnyDVD-HD 6.1.2.2 is out. And you can install it over your current version.