• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anybody have issues with getting 5.1 sound with PowerDVD

E

europeman

I appear to be getting only stereo sound. Now I am running windows Vista 64 bit.
________
Ipad accessories

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version of PowerDVD are you using? Some bundled versions only support 2 channel output which could be your problem.

The easiest way to check is probably to look in the display at the bottom right of PowerDVD's display (the blue bit by default that shows the chapter number etc.). Before you play a DVD the name of the version of PowerDVD will scroll across the top of that display. If it says something like "PowerDVD Ultra 2CH" (sorry, I forget the exact wording), then that is your problem.

Some people have reported that even this version will output 5.1 audio via S/PDIF, however so far I've been unable to persuade PowerDVD to output direct digital audio via S/PDIF at all.

Incidentally, I had the same issue with the version of PowerDVD bundled with the new LG hybrid drive (Also on Vista 64-bit) and ended up buying an upgrade to PowerDVD Ultra Deluxe and now get correct audio.

Paul

Make sure that nothing is playing in PDVD. Open the configuration icon in the bottom right. Open audio. Use S/PDIF should be available now.

The key is to make sure that nothng is playing.

Thanks Bigrick I have figured out the video not struggling with sound

I am not able to get 5.1 sound out of powerdvd but I am believe it is a vista problem. I have the computer hooked up to a receiver by spdif and I cannot get surround sound only stereo through mini rca cables
________
LIST OF CHRYSLER FACTORIES SPECIFICATIONS

delete this thread

I have found the cause of the issue so you can delete this thread.
________
BURN NOTICE ADVICE

Back