• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any way to transfer and watch rips on my PS3?

Not true, 40GB takes me around 80-90 mins to burn to a disc, and most films aren't that big

You must have a great BD burner. Mine came with Dell XPS 1530 laptop and it is only a 2X. It took me almost 3 hours to burn a 28 gigs movie to BD-RE.

Well that must be a real shit burner if it takes that long to do 28GB's, try using IMGburn and turn on the 'enable fast write' your drive should then write at full speed rather than half speed. But even before I knew about the option mine would still write a full 44GB disc in just over 3 hours

Yes you are wrong. I just copied a 40Gig file from Mac to PS3 via MediaLink and PS3 loads it just fine with firmware 2.30

then it`s probably red kawa, is there any other software that works with PS3 ?

Jittery video

I get video jitter every time I rip a hd dvd and then use tsmuxer or tsremux. Audio is fine, and in sync. I is like some frames are missing in the video. Any ideas? Thanx

Hello,
I try with die hard 4
I don't find the french DD
could you help me
sorry for my translation
I'm French
many thanks
Michel

1. Rip to your hard drive using AnyDVD HD ofcourse.
2. Go into the stream folder of the ripped BD
3. Find the largest .m2ts file (that is your movie : 00019.m2ts)
4. Use TSremux and bring in the m2ts file found in step 3.
5. Pick the AVC file ( ok )
6. Pick the Dolby Digital track (french DTS)
7. Click on button to run (should take no more than a few minutes)
8. Rename the file diehard4.m2ts

I get video jitter every time I rip a hd dvd and then use tsmuxer or tsremux. Audio is fine, and in sync. I is like some frames are missing in the video. Any ideas? Thanx

i get better results with HDDVD rips (.evo, NOT bluray) using eac3to first...demux all tracks then remux with tsmuxer

also, eac3to has a direct to mkv which does work....

I have been trying to find away to do this also...

I have been trying to find away to do this also and am still trying to figure out the best way to do this since I only have HDMI on my video system from my PS3 and my satellite box.

Anyway... How do I get the files to the PS3 after I have finished up with them on my PC (AnyDVD, etc.)? The PS3 can not access a NTFS hard drive so I can't have the files any bigger than 4GB (limitation of FAT32) on an external drive.

Yellowdog Linux 6.0 can't read NTFS.

I don't want to split my movies into multiple files that is ridiculous to me and if I burn them to BD-R's/RE's that gets very costly.

I have looked into a gigabyte network with network storage with upnp but am still thinking about that (that's a lot of work).

I guess what i'm getting to is from this thread I got to thinking why not put them on a larger drive (upgrade my drive) in my PS3 (there are 320GB 2.5" drives available for $140 at newegg) and then play them from that larger drive.

But how do I get them to that drive? And how do I play them on the PS3 once they are on that drive?

Thanks
KJ

I guess what i'm getting to is from this thread I got to thinking why not put them on a larger drive (upgrade my drive) in my PS3 (there are 320GB 2.5" drives available for $140 at newegg) and then play them from that larger drive.

But how do I get them to that drive? And how do I play them on the PS3 once they are on that drive?

Thanks
KJ

you can transfer them from your pc to that bigger internal ps3 drive...but will soon run out of room as most blurays are 20GB average...then you the problem of the ps3s limitation of actually playing back the ripped file (most are converting them to avchd)...

you should get a tvix 6500...as expensive as a ps3, but really can play those rips and off the network, off external usbs, or even off its internal HD

I have been trying to find away to do this also and am still trying to figure out the best way to do this since I only have HDMI on my video system from my PS3 and my satellite box.

Anyway... How do I get the files to the PS3 after I have finished up with them on my PC (AnyDVD, etc.)? The PS3 can not access a NTFS hard drive so I can't have the files any bigger than 4GB (limitation of FAT32) on an external drive.

Yellowdog Linux 6.0 can't read NTFS.

I don't want to split my movies into multiple files that is ridiculous to me and if I burn them to BD-R's/RE's that gets very costly.

I have looked into a gigabyte network with network storage with upnp but am still thinking about that (that's a lot of work).

Thanks
KJ

If you don't own a Mac, then do not read on as this is a Mac solution to your problem.

You are right that PS3 only reads FAT32 external hard drives and it is not possible to put larger files on to FAT32. But you can do so, with using your wired network.

The only way to get, I know how, to get large files onto PS3 internal hard drive is to get a software called "MediaLink" for only $20.00 http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink

MediaLink is the greatest software ever made for streaming files to the PS3 and watch it perfectly.

You can also copy files from your Mac to PS3 via your wired network with MediaLink. I copied a 44 gigs file (Spider-Man3) this way and it took around 50 minutes.

I do not know of a PC solution. I know that Windows Media Player 11 on the PC will allow you to stream from PC to PS3 but not sure if it allows copying the file.

Last edited:
If you don't own a Mac, then do not read on as this is a Mac solution to your problem.

You are right that PS3 only reads FAT32 external hard drives and it is not possible to put larger files on to FAT32. But you can do so, with using your wired network.

The only way to get, I know how, to get large files onto PS3 internal hard drive is to get a software called "MediaLink" for only $20.00 http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink

MediaLink is the greatest software ever made for streaming files to the PS3 and watch it perfectly.

You can also copy files from your Mac to PS3 via your wired network with MediaLink. I copied a 44 gigs file (Spider-Man3) this way and it took around 50 minutes.

I do not know of a PC solution. I know that Windows Media Player 11 on the PC will allow you to stream from PC to PS3 but not sure if it allows copying the file.

So once you have them on your PS3 harddrive with Medialink how do you play them on the PS3?

It is sounding like maybe I'm better off getting a Tvix or a Popcorn Hour I just really wanted to get this to work with my PS3 I really hate to have another box/gadget and hate to have to shell out another chunk of cash.

I wonder about Ubuntu, anybody using Ubuntu and VLC with a large hard drive in the PS3?

Thanks...

So once you have them on your PS3 harddrive with Medialink how do you play them on the PS3?

It is sounding like maybe I'm better off getting a Tvix or a Popcorn Hour I just really wanted to get this to work with my PS3 I really hate to have another box/gadget and hate to have to shell out another chunk of cash.

I wonder about Ubuntu, anybody using Ubuntu and VLC with a large hard drive in the PS3?

Thanks...

I don't understand your question. "So once you have them on your PS3 harddrive with Medialink how do you play them on the PS3?"

Well, once the file is copied to your PS3 internal HD, you just play it and it should play, provided that you have converted the m2ts file into mpg file with TsRemux.

I don't understand your question. "So once you have them on your PS3 harddrive with Medialink how do you play them on the PS3?"

Well, once the file is copied to your PS3 internal HD, you just play it and it should play, provided that you have converted the m2ts file into mpg file with TsRemux.

The question was how do you play it once the files are on the PS3? So there is a directory structure or File system on the PS3 to open the particular .mpg or does Medialink reside on the PS3 and then you start Medialik and then select what you want to play from within Medialink? :confused: How do you "just play it" as you say? The files show up on the main screen of the PS3? I don't know... never done it so...

The question was how do you play it once the files are on the PS3? So there is a directory structure or File system on the PS3 to open the particular .mpg or does Medialink reside on the PS3 and then you start Medialik and then select what you want to play from within Medialink? :confused: How do you "just play it" as you say? The files show up on the main screen of the PS3? I don't know... never done it so...

MediaLink resides on the Mac side, a software that you installed on the Mac, that allows the connection between the PS3 and the Mac via your network.

Basically, once you installed MediaLink on your Mac, go to PS3, under video you can select MediaLink and browse your Mac's Hard drive as if you are connecting to an external drive. Here you can either stream the file and watch it or you can copy the movie file via your wired network (press the triangle button on your PS3 controller and select "Copy". This will copy the file from your Mac and place it in your PS3 hard drive).

Once the file is on your PS3 hard drive (about an hour), you will see an icon appears under your video with the name you gave it when converting to mpg, using TsRemux.exe or other software you may have. You then select it and press the X button on your PS3 remote to play as you normally would with any playable files. I hope that is clear. I don't know how clearer I can be. If this doesn't make any sense to you, I would stop trying to figure it out and just buy blu-ray movies and watch them the old fashion way :).

Go to http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink for further details.

Last edited:
Thanks hln98 appreciate the kind gestures....

hln98 it is clear... I just didn't know how Medialink worked and how once you have them on your PS3 how you play them, if it was through Medialink or through the PS3 itself, like I said I've never done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
lplp01, re-read the forum rules here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4.

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.

Your behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Grow up.

Infraction issued. :policeman:

Last edited:
lplp01 has been banned. I have little patience for people who create accounts just to insult others. :policeman:

kayjay, in the future, if someone insults you, please do not respond in kind. Instead, private message me or another moderator. We'll take care of the issue.

Thank you,

Webslinger

Back