• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any way to change the look of the new forum?

Adbear

Have to say, not really liking the new look. I find it harder to read anything with the new look, and everything just gets lost

Have to say, not really liking the new look. I find it harder to read anything with the new look, and everything just gets lost

I have to add my 2 cents and have to agree the new look is not at all intuitive. I'm sure the new version has its advantages "under the hood", but the look is decidedly unhelpful.

I think it's the colouring, everything just blends into each other so it makes harder to focus on any one thing

The "What's New" tab is one interesting new feature.

The new color scheme will decidedly take some getting used to, far too "pastel" for good differentiation of icons.

Have to say I don't like this new costume, it's to 'bulky'. Might get used to it but I prefered the old slick foxy look...

I never liked the newer vBulletin style. I prefer the old 3.xx style as we had it before, but again, there are a million security reasons to upgrade so i guess it's the smarter choice.

Got to go with 'Out with the old, in with the new' for this.

We'll have to give it a shot.

The colour scheme actually causes eyestrain due to the lack of good contrast. I've shown this to quite a few people now and they've all said, the design is fine it's the colour scheme that is causing the issue. It would be nice if we were given the option to change the colour scheme to one that doesn't cause eyestrain

I love the new Vbulletin forums, there alot new options and it makes it much easier to navigate.;)

Don,t care for the new look, too much activity going on in the same space as the old version, colors are also hard to look at, need new color choices, and style choices.

DOWN WITH THE NEW AND BACK WITH THE OLD.

no way easier to navigate, and way to much options, soon will need an owners manual to post :(

Styles are certainly going to be worked on and things take getting used to, but you're really exaggerating.
In terms of "clicky buttons" and features, nothing has changed much, you have basically the same layout and mostly the elements are pretty much where they were before.
"back with the old" is DEFINITELY not going to happen, that version was many years old and totally outdated with no built-in support for mobile devices.

If you want things to improve, try constructive criticism ;)

I have to agree with other people. The colors are terrible and do cause eyestrain.

The "Read New Replies" button icon, to the left of the thread title, could be bigger. It is IMO far too small, the regular icon is larger.

The colour scheme actually causes eyestrain due to the lack of good contrast.

Although the layout is changed slightly, comparing to a saved paged before the change, the colours used look the same to me.

Before:
20130828_13h46m58s_001__zpsc0ebe91f.jpg

After:
20130828_13h47m34s_002__zpsa4dd1dea.jpg

Last edited:
There's a higher contrast between colours on the old page as well as wider spacing. The old page also didn't have the moderators under each section which also makes the page cluttered and harder to differentiate the titles
new.jpg
old layout.jpg

Last edited:
Good thing to be working on the theme overall. I prefer dark themes but i will use whatever is available.

As for v3 vs. v4 it's true about more features, but easier to use i don't know.
Been moderator and admin on a few vB boards and always found v3 more to my liking. The AdminCP is somewhat the same anyway and editing templates are the same task :p No matter what, there are advantages in v4 if we exclude the looks and re-arranged buttons etc. I'll just use it as is. Many have changed to v4 already around the net so you pick up skills along the way :D

Links have a very similar color as regular text so there is no quick way to tell if a particular block of text is actually a link without hovering your mouse pointer over the text. Including underlining for links might help, but definitely format them in a different color would be helpful.

Yuck

Sorry But the old forum look and feel was much better but will live with it as is if I half to........ jmho......

Back