• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any problems after SP1?

1) As long as your system is in working order and in a state you're happy with, backing it up now is fine. Just keep it running well and up to date. It IS better if you have a clean image you can restore to in addition to the nightly full image but that should only be needed in very rare instances.

2) Yea, it WAS a Western Digital with power saving mode. It would shut itself down when it wasn't being used and power itself back on when needed. Unfortunately the case died, so, I had to put it in a new case that doesn't have power saving. So now I just leave it on.

3) I have most of my data in the Vista user profile directory. Pictures, Downloads, Documents, etc, etc. In the Documents folder I set up my profiles for email, trillian, etc. The sweet thing about this is that if I change OS' between XP and Vista, I can restore the data image on top of it and have all my latest data for email, chat, bookmarks, etc. Even if I had to do a clean install for whatever reason, I can still restore my data on top of that. Of course, if you only have one OS, this is rather pointless. You can restore select files and folders from any image so it's not a big deal.

Thanks for your insight. the reason why I asked #1 and #2 was I am not too concern about the image once I backed it up. I am more worry about the back up drive since I had few drives fail incidents before and if the drive going to be on 24X7, this back up drive will die one day and when died no matter how latest and greatest of this back up, we won't able to use it. Therefore I am thinking I need a solution like yours #2 before, power saving mode, just power up and power down when back up completed. I just want to make sure this image is going to be available for sure if need one day. Maybe we need a back up of the back up ;)

If you want something like that, do a weekly backup to a server on your lan, and nightly backups to the usb external drive.

If you want something like that, do a weekly backup to a server on your lan, and nightly backups to the usb external drive.

Well I kind of doing that now. I already clone a OS drive last week and it is my back up of the back up but in with all working stage as of today. Now, I want to have some sort of image and data back up that I can roll it back if need.

One of the reason is I have close to 400 movies titles sitting in MyMovies database and it will take me forever to re-do that, therefore back up is somewhat important to me.

Well I kind of doing that now. I already clone a OS drive last week and it is my back up of the back up but in with all working stage as of today. Now, I want to have some sort of image and data back up that I can roll it back if need.

One of the reason is I have close to 400 movies titles sitting in MyMovies database and it will take me forever to re-do that, therefore back up is somewhat important to me.

That won't be a quick backup. :D

No problems here, but I always do a clean install of Vista and apply all updates before installing any other software.

so far I'm only backing up my Cdrives. I have no where near the drives I would need to backup my movies. I'm nowhere near 400 either. Somewhere I read a post that said never has a drive failed without some warning, giving him time to back up the drive. I'm going to have to stick to this method.

I guess it would be hard for you guys with 16 drives in one box and you hear one becoming problematic. you would need a stethoscope

Back