• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any one into Bluray HFPA?

VirtualRipper

I'm starting to get into these disks for their multichannel audio. I've only bought one disk so far, Bryan Adams: Reckless and AnyDVD HD seemed to process it just fine. It's my understanding these disks only use AACS encryption. Is AACS encryption a constant process between all disks, so AnyDVD HD will always be able to process it, or is it subject to variation so I might have to submit log files and patiently wait for the Slysoft crew to do their thing?

AACS is not a constant process. Once it's on it can't be changed on the disc. AACS itself can change yes, currently it's up to v51. If you encounter a disc that has an aacs version anydvd doesn't support a logfile will be required, but will enable the devs to update anydvd to support the new version.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I'm starting to get into these disks for their multichannel audio. I've only bought one disk so far, Bryan Adams: Reckless and AnyDVD HD seemed to process it just fine.
Audio only Blu-ray? How many hours do you get out of one disk? A quick search is that it's based on uncompressed PCM audio. Is that any better sounding than True HD DTS? A lot of people can't even tell the difference between AC3 and DTS. But it depends on the equipment and environment. If you're operating a cinema versus a home theater, the slight differences will be a lot more significant.
But audio only Blu-ray sounds like a gimmick that has not really taken off so far. You can fit a lot of audio on a 9GB DVD and is much less delicate than BDR and from what I gather, audio only DVD's never took off commercially either.

Last edited:
Audio only Blu-ray? How many hours do you get out of one disk? A quick search is that it's based on uncompressed PCM audio. Is that any better sounding than True HD DTS? A lot of people can't even tell the difference between AC3 and DTS. But it depends on the equipment and environment. If you're operating a cinema versus a home theater, the slight differences will be a lot more significant.
But audio only Blu-ray sounds like a gimmick that has not really taken off so far. You can fit a lot of audio on a 9GB DVD and is much less delicate than BDR and from what I gather, audio only DVD's never took off commercially either.

Yes..It's just the next attempt for hi-rez audio after sacd and DVD-A. How much you can hold depends upon the format. I just bought Tears for Fears - Songs from the big chair and it has at least 4 different versions of the album 2.0 PCM, 5.1 DTS, 5.1 DTS HD MA and another version I can't remember right now. It will be interesting to see how far it goes, and how many people with pay $30 for an album in a different format that they already own.

I don't see this as practical media for audio. With a 16-64 GB solid state mp3 player you can store the same amount of data as a blu ray disk and much more portable, compact and durable that can plugged into most people's cars and home theaters.
I doubt BD Audio only will last but could survive to a small high priced market of a few. Most of those types prefer vinyl, vacuum tubes and high end turntables.

If I got into the BD Audio market, the first thing I would do is transfer the original content to some other media.

You're missing the point. These are hi-rez (24/96) audio files that generally can't even be played on most portable devices (Samsung Note 3 or newer and that Neil Young player are about the only portable devices that can play that rez) as well, many-most of the mixes are in 5.1 surround sound, which would also be useless on a portable device.

True, the distribution format is kinda stupid, why not just download them like everything else? But again, portable devices aren't the target market for the moment.

Back