• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

any one else get choppy HD playback in PowerDVD ?

jamieuk147

As title says. by choppy I mean the picture and Audio stutters from time to time

Quad core + 8800 GTX

If I play in nero showtime and arcsoft it plays perfect. I am mounting my HD ISO`s thou with Daemon tools and Power DVD seems to be the only software that allows this as I am running it all throght meedio.

Any way round to using nero showtime ot Arcsoft with dameon tools ??

Open to suggestions thou. have read some were PowerDVD isnt very good with Quad cores

Any way round to using nero showtime ot Arcsoft with dameon tools ??

Never used showtime but arcsoft plays all my ISOs through daemon tools without problems apart from BD+ titles but I normally just insert the disc but I don't use AnyDVD

is the Arcsoft you are using the trail or full version ?? I am using the trail

is the Arcsoft you are using the trail or full version ?? I am using the trail

Trial im wanting to do more testing before I commit to a purchace as there are still some problems that need fixing

Try clicking select source and selecting your virtual daemon tools drive

I am due for a new install of vista so hopefully that should sought it out.

Do all films have the problem? If not which ones do?

Is there any software that monitors the video and audio playback, king of like a graph so you can see the distortions in video ?

ADbear - All films play jumpy in powerdvd

Have you checked the CPU usage to see if it peaks when it gets choppy

If you suspect quad core issue (which I doubt) do this,
Load PDVD.
If its full screen Double click it to put it in a window.
Load TaskManager off your Taskbar.
Select the Process Tab.
Find Powerdvd.exe*32
Highlight it.
Right mouse button, properites.
Select Set Affinity.
Deselect all but 1 cpu.
Close task manager.
Load your film and max it.

This will need to be set everytime you load the pdvd. There is a program out there to do it automaticatly but 1st things first.
Ow make sure you got enable hardware acceleration enabled on the video tab in pdvd

I use to have problems with studdering and it was heat related. I changed the fan on my graphics card and cpu and created more airflow and all is good now. Use speedfan or something similar to make sure all your temps are below 50 degrees C. Check your GPU temp as well through nvidia ntunes.

A quick fix and try is to open your case and blow a fan at it when a movie is playing. If that fixes your problem, then its heat.

Back